Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Kerri I really feel for you
The storm was just added stress that you really don't need right now, but I'm glad the damage wasn't too bad. Thinking of you and Chad. I pray things start getting better soon.

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Kerri, I'm so sorry to hear about Chad's condition.
I hope and pray that he will improve very soon. Thankfully your car wasn't there to be damaged, and that your house wasn't badly damaged. Hope everything goes better in the near future.
Pam
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
I don't know what I can say but just be assured of all our thoughts and prayers.
Liz
WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo
UFO
HAED storykeep
2014 finishes
Parent's garden
WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo
UFO
HAED storykeep
2014 finishes
Parent's garden
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
You are both still in our thoughts and prayers
Added stress with your house you don't need at this time, glad to hear that there was no major damage
Added stress with your house you don't need at this time, glad to hear that there was no major damage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIP
Birds
Water Tiger
Millenium Sampler
Xmas stocking
2010 Finishes
Alphabet afghan
ATC 7&8
Egg swap
Forgotten Cart
KK/Kearbear cards
Sweet Dreams sampler
xmas Biscornu
WIP
Birds
Water Tiger
Millenium Sampler
Xmas stocking
2010 Finishes
Alphabet afghan
ATC 7&8
Egg swap
Forgotten Cart
KK/Kearbear cards
Sweet Dreams sampler
xmas Biscornu
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Sending all my best wishes

mags
WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still
)
various bits and bobs
WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still
various bits and bobs
- burgundyice
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:33 pm
- Location: Cleveland, UK
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Still thinking of you both
Glad to hear the damage to your house wasn't as bad as it could have been in the storm
Louise
Louise
HAED WIPS: Too many to list!
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Sending all the best wishes in the world 
- Fljotsdale
- Posts: 4251
- Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:52 pm
- Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Gosh... as if you didn't have enough to worry about, without the storm on top of it all.
But, at least it's good news that Chad is out of ICU, even if he isn't yet conscious and you don't know the prognosis yet. Even a little progress is good and he is bound to improve gradually as the brain trauma reduces, though it may take time. Big hugs.

But, at least it's good news that Chad is out of ICU, even if he isn't yet conscious and you don't know the prognosis yet. Even a little progress is good and he is bound to improve gradually as the brain trauma reduces, though it may take time. Big hugs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"
Watch Leonard and the young singer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"
Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
Watch Leonard and the young singer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"
Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
When things are hard, just remember that baby steps are better than no steps. I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts and hope for more continued progress. 
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Keri I am so sorry I did not see this sooner. I will keep you and Chad in my thoughts and prayers!

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Keri,
So sorry to hear about Chad's accident, you are in my prayers.
Can I send Reiki (distant healing) to both of you? I just need your names to focus it.
Hugs
Niki xxx
So sorry to hear about Chad's accident, you are in my prayers.
Can I send Reiki (distant healing) to both of you? I just need your names to focus it.
Hugs
Niki xxx
- ~threadbear~
- Posts: 16596
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Cumbria U.K
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Still thinking of you Kerri. I'm glad that Chad is at least out of ICU and am hoping you'll get more responses from him as he gradually heals.
I hope the storm damage isn't too stressful for you to deal with, you have more than enough going on right now.

Take care!
I hope the storm damage isn't too stressful for you to deal with, you have more than enough going on right now.
Take care!
Current
With Faith
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats
Blog
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
So sorry to hear about the house - the last thing you need right now. Hope Chad continues to make progress and heals as quickly as possible. 
- Nachstenliebe
- Posts: 12466
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
:
: That must have been one mighty storm 
I hope Chad's condition improves soon.
Faith
I hope Chad's condition improves soon.
Faith
Faith
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
- kerbear879
- Posts: 2877
- Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:51 pm
- Location: Denver, CO USA
- Contact:
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Hi all..sorry for being gone for so long.
Chad is still in the hospital. He was moved to a regular room and pretty much looks completely normal except he has a trach in his neck. He is not on any medications other than some antiseizure medicine. He breathes on his own. He is still not considered to be conscious because he is not alert. He does open his eyes and he watches and tracks what people are doing in the room. He does some commands but is inconsistent with it. He tries to pull out the trach constantly so they have to keep his hands restrained. The nurses do seem to think that he may "wake" up soon. He can't go to a rehab facility until he is fully awake. So we just keep hoping each day that he will wake up soon. It's already been 8 weeks since his accident. Sometimes it seems longer and sometimes it seems like it just happened yesterday.
Just wanted to give you all an update. I haven't stitched at all since this happened as I have no motivation or concentration..maybe again when Chad is better.
Thank you all for your support
Chad is still in the hospital. He was moved to a regular room and pretty much looks completely normal except he has a trach in his neck. He is not on any medications other than some antiseizure medicine. He breathes on his own. He is still not considered to be conscious because he is not alert. He does open his eyes and he watches and tracks what people are doing in the room. He does some commands but is inconsistent with it. He tries to pull out the trach constantly so they have to keep his hands restrained. The nurses do seem to think that he may "wake" up soon. He can't go to a rehab facility until he is fully awake. So we just keep hoping each day that he will wake up soon. It's already been 8 weeks since his accident. Sometimes it seems longer and sometimes it seems like it just happened yesterday.
Just wanted to give you all an update. I haven't stitched at all since this happened as I have no motivation or concentration..maybe again when Chad is better.
Thank you all for your support
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Kerri, I feel so sorry that you are all going through such a time. It would seem that the nurses are right when they say Chad will wake up soon, considering that he watches what's going on. I pray that Chad will become more alert and fully recover from the accident.
Take care and God bless.
Take care and God bless.
Pam
- Fljotsdale
- Posts: 4251
- Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:52 pm
- Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
It's good to hear that he is making such good progress.
I know it may not seem like it to you, but it IS good progress - he is so nearly conscious, it must feel to him like dreaming, or like being in a daydream state, and soon something will happen and he will wake up. And when he wakes up, and goes to rehab, he is almost on the way home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"
Watch Leonard and the young singer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"
Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
Watch Leonard and the young singer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"
Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Such a long and hard road you have travelled but it does seem there is more light and better things to come.
Prayers and thoughts continue to wing their way to you.
Squirrel
Prayers and thoughts continue to wing their way to you.
Squirrel
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Sending my most positive thoughts your way. I hope he continues to improve. 
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
It is good sign that he is opening his eyes and can do some commands even if they are inconsistant. He has been through a terrible ordeal and his body is taking its time to heal but there are good signs from him. That is the important thing to focus on. Still have you in my prayers and anytime you can/need to come on and vent we are waiting. Keep up the positive vibes that really can help.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror