Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Post Reply
User avatar
burgundyice
Posts: 2434
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Cleveland, UK

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by burgundyice »

Good hearing an update and sounds like Chad is making some improvements - the comment about him "doing too well" is a good sign!! Both of you are still in my thoughts :grouphug: :grouphug:

Louise
HAED WIPS: Too many to list!
User avatar
kerbear879
Posts: 2877
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: Denver, CO USA
Contact:

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by kerbear879 »

Chad's birthday was yesterday and I think he ended up getting all of us a gift. I was sitting in the room with him and leaned over his bed and he grabbed at my face. I thought he wanted my hat so I gave him one of his baseball hats and he grabbed it and put it on his head and then started readjusting it until he got it on just right. I was so shocked that I had to go find one of his nurses to make sure someone else saw him do that besides me. He did it for two other nurses. Then later in the day I had one of his nerf type balls and normally he will take it from you if you hold it in front of him, well this time I acted like I was going to throw it and he put his hand up like he was going to catch it so I threw it and he caught it and then he would hand it back to me and he did this over and over. I had to go get the nurses to see that one too. Everyone keeps saying he is not ready for rehab and that he doesn't follow any commands or make purposeful movements...and I am sorry, but putting a hat on and playing catch seems pretty darn purposeful to me. So they are going to reevaluate him soon and see if maybe rehab might be a possibility. I sure hope so.
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by karen4bells »

:dance: :dance: what a present he gave you!! That's such wonderful and exciting news and I do hope that the re-evaluate him soon, as it seems to me that he is definitely following commands etc. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes just having read your post! :hug: :hug: :wub:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
carolynbb
Posts: 711
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:02 pm
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Contact:

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by carolynbb »

WOOHOOO!!!!!! Go Chad, and tell him happy birthday from all the little people who live in your computer. :lol:
WIPs:
Cats! (last updated 3/29/12)
Random projects for baby (last updated 6/9/12)
Engagement photo (last updated 6/9/12)
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by karen4bells »

carolynbb wrote:WOOHOOO!!!!!! Go Chad, and tell him happy birthday from all the little people who live in your computer. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll second the happy birthday wishes, had to laugh about the little people living in the computer :D :lol:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Fljotsdale
Posts: 4251
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:52 pm
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by Fljotsdale »

Oh, wow! That's wonderful! What a great birthday! :D :dance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
User avatar
Jilly
Posts: 6606
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:55 am
Location: Slap bang in the middle of Wales

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by Jilly »

Kerri! I have goosebumps and happy tears reading what Chad was up to on his birthday :dance: :hug: :hug: it's wonderful! xx
User avatar
annkor26
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 11:25 pm
Location: Garland, Texas

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by annkor26 »

That is some great news! Happy birthday Chad! :D
User avatar
maggs
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:42 pm
Location: UK

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by maggs »

Wow Kerrie that is great news, hope the reavaluation goes your way
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIP
Birds
Water Tiger
Millenium Sampler
Xmas stocking

2010 Finishes
Alphabet afghan
ATC 7&8
Egg swap
Forgotten Cart
KK/Kearbear cards
Sweet Dreams sampler
xmas Biscornu
User avatar
Nachstenliebe
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by Nachstenliebe »

That's wonderful!!! I have to admit I got pretty teary reading that too. *snfl* Sounds like he's improving well.. I don't see how they wouldn't consider that a type of command.. but they might be referring more to verbal commands?
Faith
User avatar
agi
Posts: 13642
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by agi »

Oh, this is really a wonderful thing! Definitely purposeful movements! Well done Chad! I am so happy for both of you! :dance: :dance: :dance:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
User avatar
Vega
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by Vega »

Catching the ball and handing it back to do it again...sounds pretty darn purposeful to me! What an amazing gift. My prayers are with you and your husband.
User avatar
burgundyice
Posts: 2434
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Cleveland, UK

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by burgundyice »

carolynbb wrote:WOOHOOO!!!!!! Go Chad, and tell him happy birthday from all the little people who live in your computer. :lol:
@rotfl:

Really, it sounds great! And I'm thinking since it was just you and him in the room he would know you'd be able to understand him more than the nurses... so nevermind the fact they think he doesn't respond to commands, he was communicating with you in his own way :wub:

Louise
HAED WIPS: Too many to list!
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by Rose »

Oh wow that is so exciting!!!!!!! It really sounds like he is starting to make great progress!!!!!!! I had tears after reading that, you must have been so pleased.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
milkmaid
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:37 am
Location: western isles scotland

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by milkmaid »

that's really great news i've just read it to my husband to as he asks about you and chad ,i hope you both get what you both need :D
User avatar
dollystitcher
Posts: 3550
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by dollystitcher »

Oh Kerrie, I am so pleased for you and Chad. This really is a positive step and I wish you all the luck for for future :wub: :shamrock:
Lynne
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
User avatar
kerbear879
Posts: 2877
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: Denver, CO USA
Contact:

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by kerbear879 »

Well Chad is now allowed to have ice chips. They tested him today and he chewed them up and swallowed. The speech therapist didn't even expect him to do that. She was suprised so she tried to give him some applesauce. It seemed like he swallowed that just fine too but she said they were just going to give him ice chips for now and they would try the applesauce and maybe pudding later this week and next week. He's also been rolling himself over in the bed. He's just made like massive improvements in the last two weeks..before that he literally did nothing but sleep for almost an entire month. Also, I don't think I mentioned but we had to hire lawyers to go after the other driver. It was determined that she was actually going 20 miles over the speed limit and the police report was completely wrong..turns out she used to work for the same police department and it looks like they covered up what really happened which makes this whole thing even more frustrating.
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by karen4bells »

:dance: :dance: :dance: First off--way to go Chad!! Sounds like he is a fighter and is doing great!! His body just really needed rest for that first month and it sounds like he is doing an amazing job at recovering. As for the other driver, I hope that she gets what is due her, shame on her for trying to cover up things like that.
Sending loads of hugs and prayers your way
:hug: :hug:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Raven
Posts: 1279
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by Raven »

Karri and Chad, WONDERFUL! Playing catch, adjusting his hat, chewing and swallowing ice chips..CONGRATULATIONS CHAD! Woo Hoo!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Ohhh this is such wonderful news! Wonderful news! I swear I squealed out loud when I read it and my son (only one awake right now 7AM Central US time) is now looking at me like I am nuts. He said "Congratulations Chad!" when I told him why I squealed. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to both of you!!!


I am sorry to hear that the police played cover-up, that is just horrible. I hope you have recourse against the officers who did that.

HUGS
Raven
User avatar
maggs
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:42 pm
Location: UK

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers

Post by maggs »

Keri great news on Chad :dance: :dance: :dance:

:x about what the police did.


Prayers are with the both of you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIP
Birds
Water Tiger
Millenium Sampler
Xmas stocking

2010 Finishes
Alphabet afghan
ATC 7&8
Egg swap
Forgotten Cart
KK/Kearbear cards
Sweet Dreams sampler
xmas Biscornu
Post Reply