Summer Friends

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

yelena
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:36 am
Location: Manchester, England

Summer Friends

Post by yelena »

My boyfriend/partner (always sounds odd calling him my bf as we've lived together for 4 years lol) sister is having her first birthday in May. I've really wanted to get stuck into a project for a while and this is giving me a good excuse.

I found a cute Nelson and Tibbs patter in one of my Moms old mags so I'm doing that
Image

In the past I've never been able to find the focus to do a whole pattern so hopefully this will encourage me to get it done in time :)

I started yesterday and this is what I got done

Image

A lot more than I thought I would get done to be honest.

One thing though. When I do the single thread cross stitch it seems to manage to make a little loop and get a knot in it- how is that even happening and what can I do to stop it? I'm using Anchor for the first time and have never had this with DMC before now :/

Comments and feed back welcomed and loved xxx
Believe me, an eternity in the company of Beelzebub, and all his hellish instruments of death, will be a picnic compared to five minutes with me... and this pencil.
Angel
Posts: 10021
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Abergele, Wales
Contact:

Re: Summer Friends

Post by Angel »

It happens with DMC a lot, basically as you stitch you twist your thread, every once in a while let your needle dangle and you'll see it start to spin, that's it untwisting itself. Doing this regulary will stop it knotting. I let mine hang while I consult the chart ^_^

Great progress as well! I can already see the sweet kittys outline
User avatar
Lili
Posts: 2322
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Summer Friends

Post by Lili »

so lovely! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Blog
Happy Stitching,
Lili
pamelam
Posts: 5452
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Summer Friends

Post by pamelam »

That's such an adorable design! :wub: Great stitching! :applesauce:
Pam
User avatar
Nachstenliebe
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Summer Friends

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Very cute design :wub: This deserves to be completed :wink:
Faith
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Summer Friends

Post by coffee_freak »

:applesauce: :wub: :applesauce:
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Summer Friends

Post by karen4bells »

:dance: :applesauce: very cute design and you have already made wonderful progress on it!! Very neat stitches! :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Lisa
Posts: 5436
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:16 pm
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire, UK

Re: Summer Friends

Post by Lisa »

:applesauce: :applesauce: sooo cute!!
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Summer Friends

Post by Rose »

Oh what a very cute pattern it will be perfect for a baby!!!!! Great start!!!! :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
meerkat
Posts: 5833
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: U.K

Re: Summer Friends

Post by meerkat »

:wub: your stitching is very neat :applesauce: :applesauce:
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
User avatar
love_stitching
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:31 pm
Location: Home

Re: Summer Friends

Post by love_stitching »

Very cute design :applesauce: :applesauce:
Nicol
The first models worked ...
Finished in 2010
My monochrome models ,My sweet cards ,Love cross stitch
Work in progress
Country summer by Emile Vernon , Summer Fragrance by Lee Bogle
User avatar
charmagne_capalad
Posts: 6704
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Quezon City PHILIPPINES

Re: Summer Friends

Post by charmagne_capalad »

I love the design :wub: it's so cute!
charmagne
Image
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Summer Friends

Post by Squirrel »

What a gorgeous pattern and I am sure any little girl would love it. You have made a great start too. Keep at it and it will soon be done.

As for the little knots in the thread, as Angel says its just the threads getting twisted. Let your needle hang down from time to time to unwind. If it does knot, often a gentle pull on both sides of the knot will undo it.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
XandraS
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Contact:

Re: Summer Friends

Post by XandraS »

Great start to a sweet design. Look forward to your next update
XandraS...
User avatar
dollystitcher
Posts: 3550
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Summer Friends

Post by dollystitcher »

cute design and you have made a great start :applesauce: :applesauce:
Lynne
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: Summer Friends

Post by ~threadbear~ »

So cute! You've got a great start on it as well.
:applesauce: :applesauce:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Summer Friends

Post by vanessanjf »

Very cute :wub:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
RosemaryH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: SPAIN

Re: Summer Friends

Post by RosemaryH »

Extremely good start and I like the way that you have begun with the fence and flowers. So often people begin with the main subject for example the cat and then do not finish the piece because they do not see the point once the subject is complete. you will finish this in no time at all because you have a good reason to.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
yelena
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:36 am
Location: Manchester, England

Re: Summer Friends

Post by yelena »

Thats exactly why I did the fence first :) Plus it gives me a good guideline as to where the other subjects go.

The little bird has been made and I've started the kitty now. Hopefully it will be done sooner rather than later.

Thank you very much for your kind words and advice xxxxxx
Believe me, an eternity in the company of Beelzebub, and all his hellish instruments of death, will be a picnic compared to five minutes with me... and this pencil.
RosemaryH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: SPAIN

Re: Summer Friends

Post by RosemaryH »

Another way that will encourage you to finish this one is to have your next project in mind and promise yourself that you will not start another one untill this one is finished.

Are you going to frame it or use it in a different way?

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
Post Reply