Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- Special offer for members
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
Well done with the website Mabel, it's looking great! 
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
The site is looking really spiffy, Mabel. One small thing, though, which my editorial eye snagged upon: in Freebies, the miniature sampler you are *gasp* missing an apostrophe! Heavens! Doll's house (or dollhouse is you are an American). If more than one doll lives in the aforementioned abode, it's dolls' house.
Ok, I'll stop now.
But you must understand that apostrophes, to an editor, are like
. Always in the wrong place, especially where they are not needed. 
Ok, I'll stop now.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
Serinde, my sincere gratitude -- I always pounce on unwarranted apostrophe's myself
, but here even DH, who is a native speaker, was not really sure. The internet (as usual) offered a bewildering variety. So I will go and change it immediately!
All the Hardanger designs now have a "detailed page" attached to them (i.e. in the Small Medium or Large section you can click on the designs and get extra info about stich count and special materials needed), although only the ones that have actually been stitched have a picture there. I need to order fabric for a few of the larger ones, and meanwhile am just plugging on with the stitching -- not easy when we seem to be out every other night for choir practice, school plays, Bible study groups and what not
All the Hardanger designs now have a "detailed page" attached to them (i.e. in the Small Medium or Large section you can click on the designs and get extra info about stich count and special materials needed), although only the ones that have actually been stitched have a picture there. I need to order fabric for a few of the larger ones, and meanwhile am just plugging on with the stitching -- not easy when we seem to be out every other night for choir practice, school plays, Bible study groups and what not
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
Well, my hat's off to you, Mabel. The site is very inviting, and the designs are varied and interesting. Seeing them all in one place really brings home to me, anyway, what an excellent eye you have for colour and form. I really hope it flies.
Now. A thought just occurred to me. You should write a little puff to Janice at New Stitches. After all, Mary's book was a major inspiration, was it not? You might get a mention in the stitcher's notebook section. Worth a try, I think.
Now. A thought just occurred to me. You should write a little puff to Janice at New Stitches. After all, Mary's book was a major inspiration, was it not? You might get a mention in the stitcher's notebook section. Worth a try, I think.
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
Great site Mabel. have added it to my "Craft"folder on my toolbar,ready to go when you are up and running 
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
I love the blackwork
keyrings!
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
I like the changes you made to the layout. It looks great! I also really like the option to buy 3 designs and save, great idea!
Kim
Current Project:
Mirabilia Petal Fairy
Current Project:
Mirabilia Petal Fairy
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
Terrific site!! Hardanger is on my list of "must do" items. When I'm ready, I'm heading to your site!
(although this may take some time as I've just gotten the fabric for 2 HAED's and still have 19 mill hill kits to complete)
(although this may take some time as I've just gotten the fabric for 2 HAED's and still have 19 mill hill kits to complete)
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
I won't hold my breath thenVega wrote:(although this may take some time as I've just gotten the fabric for 2 HAED's and still have 19 mill hill kits to complete)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
These are just beautiful!
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
Mabel these are beautiful
I tried clicking on 'add to cart' and nothing happened
does this mean you are not selling them yet

I tried clicking on 'add to cart' and nothing happened
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
It does, I'm afraid -- I was hoping to open on my birthday, 1st of April, but work and family have been rather busy so not sure if it'll work; still trying though! But thank you very much for clicking Add to Cart, that's a great confidence boost
!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
No worries, I don't want to put you under any pressure, I know what it is like with 'real life' issues
I really shouldn't be buying any more stash anyway
but I will keep a look out for when you start selling 
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
Right, so I've re-jigged things because at this rate it's never going to go live
!
Will finish Autumn Wreath and the four Floral Tiles (Pansies, Holly, Forget Me Not, Tulips), then write all the instructions, then go live.
To reflect this, the Hardanger sections have been redone -- you will now only find the stitched ones in them, and a link to a Coming Soon page, which has small thumbnails of the charts of designs that I haven't stitched up yet.
Question -- is this a good idea? Do people like a page with things To Come? Or is it just irritating, like websites which keep saying they are "under construction"? Looking forward to your comments!
Oh, here's the address of the Hardanger section, just click on Small Medium or Large to see what's left, and to find a link to the Planned page
Will finish Autumn Wreath and the four Floral Tiles (Pansies, Holly, Forget Me Not, Tulips), then write all the instructions, then go live.
To reflect this, the Hardanger sections have been redone -- you will now only find the stitched ones in them, and a link to a Coming Soon page, which has small thumbnails of the charts of designs that I haven't stitched up yet.
Question -- is this a good idea? Do people like a page with things To Come? Or is it just irritating, like websites which keep saying they are "under construction"? Looking forward to your comments!
Oh, here's the address of the Hardanger section, just click on Small Medium or Large to see what's left, and to find a link to the Planned page
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
I think that's a great idea - it means people will keep coming back too. 
- ~threadbear~
- Posts: 16596
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Cumbria U.K
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
What I like about it is the fact you have an expected time scale.
It means people aren't left wondering when it's likely they'll see these designs, so I think it works well.

It means people aren't left wondering when it's likely they'll see these designs, so I think it works well.
Current
With Faith
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats
Blog
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel Figworthy's Fancies -- a preview
Thanks TB -- The time scale at the moment is very rough and ready
but I will make sure that it's a realistic one by the time i go live.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page