I applied for a job

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

User avatar
agi
Posts: 13642
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Sweden

I applied for a job

Post by agi »

Actually, I applied to more than one jobs recently, but the latest one is: a shop assistant position at a stitching shop. :lol:
I don't know how much they pay but it cannot be less than my teachers salary, and just imagine being sorrounded by all that stash! :wub:

It was funny, when I was sending in my CV, I decided to downgrade it. I left in all my education and work experience, of course, but I didn't attach the 3-page publication list :lol: But I did attach a link to my photobuckets page where all my stitching can be seen. :lol:

Wish me luck.
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: I applied for a job

Post by mags »

:D Good luck Agi, hope you get the job. :x:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
User avatar
Corey.G
Posts: 1516
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:07 am

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Corey.G »

That sounds fun. Good luck.
User avatar
corby_stitcher
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:38 pm
Location: Corby. Northants (UK)

Re: I applied for a job

Post by corby_stitcher »

:x: for you Agi.
WIP -


Stitch List -
Country Threads - Down On His Luck.
Bearded Dragon - Charted by Skitzzzzz.
User avatar
hanma
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:44 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by hanma »

Oooh, fingers crossed!! :D
Angel
Posts: 10021
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Abergele, Wales
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Angel »

Good Luck Agi!
User avatar
XandraS
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by XandraS »

That sounds ideal for you Agi, hope you get it. Will keep my fingers crossed
XandraS...
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: I applied for a job

Post by karen4bells »

Sending all kinds of good luck vibes your way Agi!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Pengwenn
Posts: 2037
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:28 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Pengwenn »

Wouldn't it be great if they paid you in stash? :dance:
current project rotation:
Twilight Balloon Flight
The Accolade
Faces of Faery 89
Dad's Flower Pot
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Now there's an idea, Pengwenn :-)!

Sounds like an ideal job, Agi, :x: :shamrock:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
minij
Posts: 3086
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Leicestershire

Re: I applied for a job

Post by minij »

Good luck Agi :x: :x:

Is the shop in Budapest? or would you have to move if you got it? :thinks:
User avatar
thatrabbitgirl
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:59 pm
Location: Chicago, IL, USA

Re: I applied for a job

Post by thatrabbitgirl »

What a wonderful opportunity! Wishing you the best of luck! :shamrock: :x:
--Alice :bunny:

WIPs
1. Santa and Snowman Ornaments (Dimensions Kit)
2. Anhinga Blues (RK Portfolio)
3. William Morris Rabbits (Artecy)


2011 Finishes
1. Easter scissors fob
User avatar
dollystitcher
Posts: 3550
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: I applied for a job

Post by dollystitcher »

Oh I do you you are successful Agi, good luck :shamrock: :shamrock:
Lynne
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
User avatar
Lili
Posts: 2322
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Lili »

Good luck!!!
:hug:
Blog
Happy Stitching,
Lili
RosemaryH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: SPAIN

Re: I applied for a job

Post by RosemaryH »

Good luck Agi. Definitely not a paid job, just the joy of spending time with loads of stash.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
User avatar
shjordon
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:31 am
Location: Georgia

Re: I applied for a job

Post by shjordon »

Good luck! :x:
Sheila
User avatar
meerkat
Posts: 5833
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: U.K

Re: I applied for a job

Post by meerkat »

Wishing you :shamrock: with all your job applications Agi.. the stitching shop one sounds like a stitchers dream :x:
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
User avatar
Midge
Posts: 2849
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:15 am
Location: Yorkshire UK

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Midge »

I really hope you get it Agi.
Imagine the pleasure of that job maybe they'll even let you stitch for the shop when it is quiet - samples etc. With your teaching skills, you might be able to run classes for them. WOW!!
That will be another reason to visit you if you get the job, I could come out and do one of your classes.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by tiffstitch »

:x: for you Agi! That sounds ideal, and what's starting to be my dream job. It would be worth the pay cut! :)
User avatar
K1nS
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:46 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: I applied for a job

Post by K1nS »

Good luck! if I got a job working in a stitchy shop all my wages would go back into the shop :lol:
Post Reply