Faith
Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
- Nachstenliebe
- Posts: 12466
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Faith
Faith
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
- kerbear879
- Posts: 2877
- Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:51 pm
- Location: Denver, CO USA
- Contact:
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Last night I was watching American Idol and they had this guy on there and his fiancee had been in an accident and suffered a severe brain injury. He reminded me so much of myself. I completely and totally know how he feels. And what's horrible, I go on yahoo today and there is an article there about him and all this horrid comments from people saying that he is just using his sob story to get famous. I was so appalled at these people. I mean seriously they have no idea what it is like to be with someone that you think you are going to spend your life with and then in an instant have it completely change. I guess there are always those negative people out there though.
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
- Fljotsdale
- Posts: 4251
- Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:52 pm
- Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Some people will always be happy to be hurtful. It's the way they are, and I suppose they are to be pitied - after all they must have very barren, unhappy lives - but it can be hard to forgive such attitudes, all the same, when they are are so intent on belittling the suffering of others. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"
Watch Leonard and the young singer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"
Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
Watch Leonard and the young singer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"
Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
I thought of you last night when I saw that on American Idol. It made my heart ache for you. What you do and the support you give Chad is amazing and inspiring. It's wonderful to know that good, decent, kind-hearted people still exist in this world. Big hugs to you.
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Kerri,
I just caught up with this thread. It is wonderful to read all the progress that Chad has made, that is just great! I am sorry you both had such a rough holiday season and I do hope that he can return to eating food again without the feeding tube in the near future.
As to the ex, I don't understand what her issue could be other than greed seeing as her payments have doubled from what she was getting since he started receiving social security. I agree with what was said regarding how her focus should not be on money but on how to help their children deal with the situation and the emotional trauma they have had over almost losing their father. I really think people like her (the ex-wife) will get back every thing they've dished out to others eventually and then learn just how hard it is. Your lawyer is correct and most likely the courts won't grant her more money since she is already receiving more than she was and he is now on a fixed income that is minimal. (I know social security disability, it does not pay anywhere near enough on its own)
I continue to keep you, Chad and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he continues to improve. I am sure your unending support and love for him has helped him a great deal through all of this!
HUGS
Raven
I just caught up with this thread. It is wonderful to read all the progress that Chad has made, that is just great! I am sorry you both had such a rough holiday season and I do hope that he can return to eating food again without the feeding tube in the near future.
As to the ex, I don't understand what her issue could be other than greed seeing as her payments have doubled from what she was getting since he started receiving social security. I agree with what was said regarding how her focus should not be on money but on how to help their children deal with the situation and the emotional trauma they have had over almost losing their father. I really think people like her (the ex-wife) will get back every thing they've dished out to others eventually and then learn just how hard it is. Your lawyer is correct and most likely the courts won't grant her more money since she is already receiving more than she was and he is now on a fixed income that is minimal. (I know social security disability, it does not pay anywhere near enough on its own)
I continue to keep you, Chad and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he continues to improve. I am sure your unending support and love for him has helped him a great deal through all of this!
HUGS
Raven
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Can't believe i missed this thread. So sorry about Chad and hope he continues to improve. What a terrible thing to happen and then your car too. Keeping you in my prayers and wishing you both all the best.
Linda
- dollystitcher
- Posts: 3550
- Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:39 pm
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Just catching up with the thread again Kerri. I am so sorry you and Chad had such a rotten Christmas and New Year, but I am glad to hear he is improving again now.
He has made such amazing progress since regaining conciousness. Especially as the original prognosis was so bleak.
You have both shown incredible strength and determination in the face of adversity and I so admire you both. Keep your spirits up Kerri, my love and prayers go out to you
As for the ex, what goes around comes around and someday she will get her just desserts
As for the ex, what goes around comes around and someday she will get her just desserts
Lynne
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
So sorry to hear that Chad was ill over Christmas. You are both in my thoughts. 
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree
Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Just want to say I'm thinking of you and Chad!!
Hope his health has improved since new years? Also hoping for further progress and cooperation! Kerri, you are amazingly strong. Thoughts and prayers are with you!! xxx 
WIP:
Still
snoopy birth present
knitting: witty knits, santa
2010 Finishes:
UFO: popcorn holding blankie
I love my pony, Linda Gillum
Cute Kitten, Adam Pescott
Mouse in race car, Lucie Heaton
Hi mom (golden retrievers), Linda Gillum
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Smiley wrote:Just want to say I'm thinking of you and Chad!!Hope his health has improved since new years? Also hoping for further progress and cooperation! Kerri, you are amazingly strong. Thoughts and prayers are with you!! xxx
I'll second that. Hope that things are getting a bit better for you and Chad--sending loads of hugs and prayers your way!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
- kerbear879
- Posts: 2877
- Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:51 pm
- Location: Denver, CO USA
- Contact:
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Chad's pretty much back to where he was before he got sick. He's still trying to talk more and is getting some words out. He's been getting mad at the male nurses and has cussed a few of them out. He's never done it in front of me but I keep hearing stories about him cussing out the male nurses. He apparently doesn't do that to any of the female nurses though.
On a plus note, the judge dismissed the child support case. So he'll just pay his 25 a month like before. What a relief!
On a plus note, the judge dismissed the child support case. So he'll just pay his 25 a month like before. What a relief!
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
- ~threadbear~
- Posts: 16596
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Cumbria U.K
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
This is the BEST news Kerry!!!

What a relief for you all. Now you can just concentrate on Chad getting better again.
Fantastic news that he's back on track, isn't he just doing so wonderful?
What an amazing couple you both are!

What a relief for you all. Now you can just concentrate on Chad getting better again.
Fantastic news that he's back on track, isn't he just doing so wonderful?
What an amazing couple you both are!
Current
With Faith
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats
Blog
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
What great news! I am so happy for you. I hope his condition improves steadily now. 
Agi
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
That's such good news! I hope he continues to get better and better! Glad the judge dismissed the case, too!
Pam
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Great news about the court case
and I hope Chad will continue to improve...
Linda
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Super news. So glad that the judge was reasonable.
Actually it is also good that he is cussing out the male nurses at least it means he is sticking up for himself.
Actually it is also good that he is cussing out the male nurses at least it means he is sticking up for himself.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
That's fantastic news. Hope he just keeps getting better and better. I'm so happy to hear that the court case found in Chad's favour. 
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree
Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Great news on both counts (apart perhaps from the cussing...
) -- hope progress will keep coming!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- Nachstenliebe
- Posts: 12466
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Yay Chad!
Faith
Faith
Faith
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
That's brilliant news! I also agree with Rose..the cussing shows just how much determination he has
