I applied for a job

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

User avatar
Slinky
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:25 pm
Location: UK

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Slinky »

That sounds like an amazing job!! Good luck :shamrock:
~ girls with dreams grow into women with vision ~

WIPs:
The Sweetheart Tree 12 Days of Christmas
Sharon Pope's Gingerbread Cottage
Chatelaine Christmas Mystery 2011
User avatar
agi
Posts: 13642
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: I applied for a job

Post by agi »

Pengwenn wrote:Wouldn't it be great if they paid you in stash? :dance:

As long as the bank accepts stash for mortgage :lol:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: I applied for a job

Post by ~threadbear~ »

What a great job this would be for you, I really, really hope it comes off Agi!
:hug:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
Nachstenliebe
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Best job ever!!!! Good luck!!!! I would love to be paid in stash.... :wink:
Faith
pamelam
Posts: 5452
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: I applied for a job

Post by pamelam »

Good luck on getting the job! That would be the ideal place for you and so much fun!
Pam
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Carole »

That sounds a dream job. Wishing you lots of luck :x:
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
Fizzbw
Posts: 4650
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:14 pm
Location: Brecon, Wales

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Fizzbw »

Would be worth mentioning being willing to teach craft classes in your interview.

I find it so sad that you had to dumb down your CV though - I totally understand why, I had a whole plan once of becoming a vet nurse, getting experience and then going to run a big equine clinic - but I couldn't get a basic vet assistant job due to my high education! I was so mad. On the bright side, maybe now after 8 years of not working due to bad health, if I ever get better enough to work they might take me!!

I really do wish you the best, will send lots of Agi get the job vibes!!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
User avatar
Smiley
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:02 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Smiley »

:x: :hug: best wishes
:D smiley :D

WIP:
Still :shock:

snoopy birth present
knitting: witty knits, santa

2010 Finishes:
UFO: popcorn holding blankie
I love my pony, Linda Gillum
Cute Kitten, Adam Pescott
Mouse in race car, Lucie Heaton
Hi mom (golden retrievers), Linda Gillum
User avatar
Cecilia
Posts: 6065
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: England

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Cecilia »

Good luck, Agi. I really hope you get it. :shamrock: :x:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Serinde »

I know what you mean, Fizzbw, but realistically, you have to tailor your CV to the job. I thought it very clever of Agi (who is, of course, a very clever woman, so I shouldn't be even mildly surprised she knows how to "play the game").

Teaching courses would be a good idea to offer -- and yes, you could too do it, Agi.

:x: :x:
User avatar
crazycat
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:45 pm
Location: bradford

Re: I applied for a job

Post by crazycat »

Good luck agi. Sounds like my dream job
http://stitchycorner.blogspot.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wip
Celtic fairy
User avatar
caz78
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 10:43 am
Location: Blackpool

Re: I applied for a job

Post by caz78 »

Good luck. Sounds fab! x
Completed April 2011 HAED Garnet QS
WIP HAED Wrath - started 14/4/2011
User avatar
kerbear879
Posts: 2877
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: Denver, CO USA
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by kerbear879 »

Good luck! I sure hope you get it :D
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
User avatar
mauveme
Posts: 8847
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:26 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by mauveme »

:x: Thinking good thoughts for you Agi. Sounds like a brilliant job and not as stressful as the last..
Linda
User avatar
*barb*
Posts: 1256
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:47 pm
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: I applied for a job

Post by *barb* »

oh that sounds great and I understand about downgrading the CV. I have two now, one for my nuring an done for my lab assistant jobs. That way I dont look overqualified for lab assistant as it pays alot less than the nursing. I think employers see higher qualifications and think you will up and leave.

Teaching classes would be great too and if you get the job, then you can mention your ability to teach then.

Best of luck agi and if by some chance you do not get the job, dont give up yet, keep trying okay!
Current WIP's

* forever friends - "garden swing"
* Dimensions Gold "Four Seasons kittens"
* Dimensions Matted Accents "Kitten and Butterfly"
User avatar
Jilly
Posts: 6606
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:55 am
Location: Slap bang in the middle of Wales

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Jilly »

:shamrock: Good luck :wub:
User avatar
agi
Posts: 13642
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: I applied for a job

Post by agi »

I was called in for an interview!!!! It's on Tuesday. I am supposed to bring some of my works with me. :lol: :lol: :x: :x:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
pamelam
Posts: 5452
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: I applied for a job

Post by pamelam »

That's wonderful news! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on Tuesday!
Pam
RosemaryH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: SPAIN

Re: I applied for a job

Post by RosemaryH »

You have done so many beautiful pieces that I think you will have great difficulty choosing what to take with you. Congratulations on the interview and good luck.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
User avatar
XandraS
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by XandraS »

That's great news, will keep my fingers crossed for you :)
XandraS...
Post Reply