Away for a few days
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
Away for a few days
Off to Wales for a long weekend this morning. We are staying in a log cabin in Carmarthen with 4 of our friends and the children's Grandma's are babysitting for us all.
We are all quite excited as it is the first time any of us have left the children for 4 nights.
Anyway, my reason for telling you is that we are staying fairly close to Polstitches and so I am going to go and have a look around. I can hardly wait to go and see all those gorgeous fabbys and threads. I expect this trip will be quite expensive!!!!
I'll miss you all whilst I'm gone and I'll check back in with you on Thurs.
Bye for now,
H x
We are all quite excited as it is the first time any of us have left the children for 4 nights.
Anyway, my reason for telling you is that we are staying fairly close to Polstitches and so I am going to go and have a look around. I can hardly wait to go and see all those gorgeous fabbys and threads. I expect this trip will be quite expensive!!!!
I'll miss you all whilst I'm gone and I'll check back in with you on Thurs.
Bye for now,
H x
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
Re: Away for a few days
Now, now how can you be so cruel and torture us about your time out. Friends, no children, Wales and then you add that you will visit Polstitches, sheer unadulterated nasty mindedness I call it. Enjoy yourself and think about how many of us will be sooooo jealous of you.
Rosemary
Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
Re: Away for a few days
Sorry!

2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Away for a few days
That sounds like a lovely weekend, enjoy! And give us a full report on Polstitches, of course 
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- ~threadbear~
- Posts: 16596
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Cumbria U.K
Re: Away for a few days
That sounds brilliant!
Have a fantastic time and come back and tell us ALL about Polstitches! We insist!!

Have a fantastic time and come back and tell us ALL about Polstitches! We insist!!
Current
With Faith
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats
Blog
- dollystitcher
- Posts: 3550
- Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:39 pm
Re: Away for a few days
Have a lovely break Midge and don't forget the report on Polstitches 
Lynne
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
Re: Away for a few days
Oh, enjoy it as much as possible!

Agi
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
- Nachstenliebe
- Posts: 12466
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Away for a few days
Sounds like everything is set for you to have a really good weekend!
Faith
Faith
Faith
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Away for a few days
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Away for a few days
Enjoy it all Midge and especially the trip to Polstitches. Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Sally
Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Away for a few days
I cant believe you are going to polstitches..how jealous am I
and i am as green as ->
i hope you have a fun time and enjoy the holiday..
when you come back dont forget to torture us all with tales of polstitches.
barb, weeping in despair
i hope you have a fun time and enjoy the holiday..
when you come back dont forget to torture us all with tales of polstitches.
barb, weeping in despair
Current WIP's
* forever friends - "garden swing"
* Dimensions Gold "Four Seasons kittens"
* Dimensions Matted Accents "Kitten and Butterfly"
* forever friends - "garden swing"
* Dimensions Gold "Four Seasons kittens"
* Dimensions Matted Accents "Kitten and Butterfly"
Re: Away for a few days
Aw Barb, dry those eyes.
Have a look at these.


I bought the tissue case/lipstick case kit and a large grab bag of fabric. I also bought 3 metres of pompom trimming to go around the edge of a cushion but that wouldn't photograph too well.
The shop is fantastic but quite difficult to find in the mist. Steve rang earlier in the day to make sure they would be open as we were going out elsewhere that day.
I couldn't look at everything because there was just soooo much in the shop. The fabics were so pretty, especially the opal ones - they have so much bling in them they nearly blind you and I couldn't choose just one either.
The lady who owns and designs for Polstitches was lovely and I even got a bit knocked off for cash!! Only pennies but how smashing is that.
I'll let you know how I get on with the kit in due course.
The threads that were on sale were beautiful. So lustrous and soft but I thought I'd stick with what I have for now.
I heartily recommend a trip if you are anywhere near, it is very worthwhile indeed.
Our cabin was gorgeous and we have all come home refreshed and relaxed. Far too much red wine and crisps/choccie was consumed but who is counting. We topped off the trip with lunch in the Cotswolds on the way home. PERFECT!!!!
On with the stitching now.
H xx
Have a look at these.


I bought the tissue case/lipstick case kit and a large grab bag of fabric. I also bought 3 metres of pompom trimming to go around the edge of a cushion but that wouldn't photograph too well.
The shop is fantastic but quite difficult to find in the mist. Steve rang earlier in the day to make sure they would be open as we were going out elsewhere that day.
I couldn't look at everything because there was just soooo much in the shop. The fabics were so pretty, especially the opal ones - they have so much bling in them they nearly blind you and I couldn't choose just one either.
The lady who owns and designs for Polstitches was lovely and I even got a bit knocked off for cash!! Only pennies but how smashing is that.
I'll let you know how I get on with the kit in due course.
The threads that were on sale were beautiful. So lustrous and soft but I thought I'd stick with what I have for now.
I heartily recommend a trip if you are anywhere near, it is very worthwhile indeed.
Our cabin was gorgeous and we have all come home refreshed and relaxed. Far too much red wine and crisps/choccie was consumed but who is counting. We topped off the trip with lunch in the Cotswolds on the way home. PERFECT!!!!
On with the stitching now.
H xx
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Away for a few days
Oh wow Midge, that is beautiful! All that and a gorgeous cabin and lovely food -- you obviously had a smashing time
!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Away for a few days
omg that fabric is gorgeous!!!!

Re: Away for a few days
Lovely Stash Midge!
Although I live in Wales, it's getting on for 80 miles to Polstitches..way too far to drop in
You may have passed through my Town on your travels Midge... Newtown..it's the town with the traffic jam...it IS a traffic jam 
Although I live in Wales, it's getting on for 80 miles to Polstitches..way too far to drop in
Re: Away for a few days
We did pass through Jilly and it was a traffic jam too! Nice part of the world though so you can forgive the jams.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
Re: Away for a few days
omg omg omg omg
I'd never survive a trip there, the fabric! ooooooo *Squeal*
I'd never survive a trip there, the fabric! ooooooo *Squeal*



