I applied for a job
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
Re: I applied for a job
The interview certainly went well, didn't it? And I think it's good he's had other interviewees so that you have had a bit of time to think about options, too, since you have other irons in the fire, from the sounds of it. Hope it all works out exactly the way you want it to do. 
Re: I applied for a job
How exciting!!
Is it the one in West End? Fingers crossed! 
- Nachstenliebe
- Posts: 12466
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: I applied for a job
I think this forum is a good introduction course to all that amazing goodies for stitching. If he stumped you on anything I hardly think it was something of value
I can't wait to hear if you got the job or not!
Faith
Faith
Faith
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
Re: I applied for a job
Yes, Hanma, it is the one in Westend. 
And.... he called me on Friday to say "let's give it a try"
I said I need to think about it a bit more, and will give an answer tomorrow (on Tuesday).
I had to discuss our plans with Stephen, and think carefully about money. We really want me to go to Sweden but it doesn't seem likely in the very near future, so it would be good to have a job until then.
On the other hand, I will still have to do some evening course teaching, I need more money - so I decided to accept only if the timetable can be arranged so that I can have two fixed days off every week. Since it is only 15 days a month it should be OK but I don't know yet. Will know more tomorrow. Please, one more day of crossed finger for me
Also, will report about Stephen's visit, my stitching and knitting but too sad and tired right now - he just left.
And I am going to do some serious catching up here, too.
And.... he called me on Friday to say "let's give it a try"
I had to discuss our plans with Stephen, and think carefully about money. We really want me to go to Sweden but it doesn't seem likely in the very near future, so it would be good to have a job until then.
On the other hand, I will still have to do some evening course teaching, I need more money - so I decided to accept only if the timetable can be arranged so that I can have two fixed days off every week. Since it is only 15 days a month it should be OK but I don't know yet. Will know more tomorrow. Please, one more day of crossed finger for me
Also, will report about Stephen's visit, my stitching and knitting but too sad and tired right now - he just left.
Agi
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: I applied for a job
Sounds great so far Agi--fingers crossed for it all to work out for you 
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
- ~threadbear~
- Posts: 16596
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Cumbria U.K
Re: I applied for a job
Hope it all works out for you Agi. It sounds a wonderful job, doing something you enjoy.

Current
With Faith
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats
Blog
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: I applied for a job
Congratulations on the offer -- hope they can make it work with the days off!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: I applied for a job
Fantastic you got an offer. I'm sure you both can come to some arrangement that will satisfy everyone's requirements. Don't feel too sad about Stephen leaving... he'll just have to come back again!
And with the school off your back, you'll be amazed how much better you are going to feel.

- Nachstenliebe
- Posts: 12466
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: I applied for a job
Faith
Faith
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
Re: I applied for a job
Alas, no luck. 
The other colleague, who I would have to share the work with, has two small children, and her husband works a very hectic schedule, so it is different days every week. And she has been there for years, which means, the new person has to accommodate to her needs.
That means, I wouldn't be able to do any extra work, and that money is just not enough. So with bleeding heart, I had to say no.
Well, I am still on sick leave, so that is at least something, and they cannot sack me from school, so that is better than nothing.
Sooner or later something will turn up. I am not despaired. It looked too good to be true
The other colleague, who I would have to share the work with, has two small children, and her husband works a very hectic schedule, so it is different days every week. And she has been there for years, which means, the new person has to accommodate to her needs.
That means, I wouldn't be able to do any extra work, and that money is just not enough. So with bleeding heart, I had to say no.
Well, I am still on sick leave, so that is at least something, and they cannot sack me from school, so that is better than nothing.
Sooner or later something will turn up. I am not despaired. It looked too good to be true
Agi
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
- Nachstenliebe
- Posts: 12466
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: I applied for a job
Well it might be for the best in the long run.. something tells me you would never walk out of there with your paycheck in tact
Faith
Faith
Faith
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
Re: I applied for a job
No way to change the teaching days, I suppose?
Re: I applied for a job
The language school where I teach has courses on Mondays and Wednesdays, or Tuesdays and Thursdays. But they cannot employ me if I am free one week on Monday and Tuesday, the other week on Thursday and Friday... it just doesn't work. Same with the private students. They have busy schedules in the afternoons: school clubs, sports training, other private courses, so they need to have one fix time. 
Agi
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
Re: I applied for a job
No, I can see how difficult it would be. If only this had come up before the beginning of the academic year, then perhaps other arrangements might have been possible. Hey, ho.
On the bright side, though: you have had a successful interview and been offered a job you would have enjoyed and which, in theory, might have fit around your extra teaching commitments. If there's one job like that, then there must be others!
On the bright side, though: you have had a successful interview and been offered a job you would have enjoyed and which, in theory, might have fit around your extra teaching commitments. If there's one job like that, then there must be others!
Re: I applied for a job
I'm sorry this did not work out Agi. I agree with Serinde about your successful interview, it is exactly what we are saying to our son regarding interviews at the moment as he wants to change jobs. He had a boost by getting an interview this week. I hope that your job search will be fruitful soon.
Re: I applied for a job
That is a shame Agi but perhaps it's for the best and as others have said you were offered this job so I am sure something better will come along 
- ~threadbear~
- Posts: 16596
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Cumbria U.K
Re: I applied for a job
It's a shame, but you never know, sometimes things work out when you least expect it.
You obviously impressed them, so if you impressed them, like everyone says, maybe something else will come up for you.
Hope so!

You obviously impressed them, so if you impressed them, like everyone says, maybe something else will come up for you.
Hope so!
Current
With Faith
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats
Blog
Re: I applied for a job
So sorry that the job offer didn't work out. Hopefully something else will turn up and it will work out for the best in the long run. 
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree
Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare