Here's my next project after Cirque des Cercles. I was hoping to get more done in Peacock's Lagoon but after my move last summer, I can't find my working copy of the pattern so it'll have to wait. But I was able to find this kit I ordered last year - Henry VIII and his wives! It was really ideal for a new start - I just had to grid a bit and was ready to go since the thread was all sorted.
Here is what it will look like when finished:
Here's how much I've done so far:
I'm planning to do the backstitch as I go so it won't be too overwhelming to finish.
Last edited by alinna on Mon May 16, 2011 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
I have this lovely kit waitng in the wings,I can't wait to get started on it & handle some bright colours for a change.
My current project is a mass of browns,beiges & creams,Henry & his Wives are so much more colourful.
Great start on this and I think you're wise to get the back stitch done as you go.
I don't mind backstitch, but if you do and you have alot of it, it could be the thing that puts you off finishing it.
Anyhow, it's looking great!
There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE!
Current With Faith
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats
I wonder if Henry or his wives ever conceived of such a picture or whether any of them realised just how they would all be rememberd in history so well.
I did this one a few years ago and really enjoyed working on it, you can see it in my gallery. I think you are very wise to BS as you go, it nearly drove me daft as I did the BS all together at the end and there seemed to be so much of it
You have made a great start and I look forward to watching yu progress.
I'm really liking this project and have done a bit more - it's a bit slow going with doing the backstitch as I go, but yeah I agree - if I left it all until the end, it might never be finished! I'll start with Catherine of Aragon fairly soon once another set of leaves and flowers are finished.