Hey everyone! After finishing my last project, I was convinced by my husband to jump right into the next one without hesitation. I'll be working on Thomas Kinkade's Cinderella Wishes Upon A Dream. It's stitched on 18 count aida fabric (which is a new one for me!) and the total stitch count is somewhere around 66,000. Whew!
So I sat down yesterday to get the kit sorted out. Unfortunately, I ran out of my small plastic bags that I use to sort the colors, but I'm hopefully getting more of them tomorrow while I'm out running errands. It took a few hours to get everything sorted out, the first page gridded, and to get a few stitches put down.
This is the biggest project I've taken on to date, so we'll see how long it takes to get it all done.
Last edited by purvislets on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 19 times in total.
gyork wrote:wow haven't opened my one that's alot of threads, can't wait to see your progress, as your last one was great
Aw, thank you so much!
It was pretty overwhelming to see those 4 bundles of thread!! Luckily, they are put together well and easily seperated with one exception -- there was a medium gold and a medium yellow orange that I couldn't quite tell which was which! I think I got it figured out though.
I look forward to watching this one. I've done a couple of Thomas Kinkades, and they can have a lot of colors in them. I've got my fingers crossed that they will turn his Beauty & the Beast print into a cross stitch. Even DH fell in love with that one. It will be a must buy!
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Busy_B wrote:I look forward to watching this one. I've done a couple of Thomas Kinkades, and they can have a lot of colors in them. I've got my fingers crossed that they will turn his Beauty & the Beast print into a cross stitch. Even DH fell in love with that one. It will be a must buy!
they are bringing beauty and the beast out as cross stitch in summer this year
Gillian
W I P
The astronomer HAED - started 13.02.16 (paused)
Wedding Flowers - started 25.04.19
It's a lovely project and I feel for you for sorting all those threads. I hate doing that when working on a kit. I can't wait to see how this comes along.
current project rotation:
Twilight Balloon Flight
The Accolade
Faces of Faery 89
Dad's Flower Pot
Busy_B wrote:I look forward to watching this one. I've done a couple of Thomas Kinkades, and they can have a lot of colors in them. I've got my fingers crossed that they will turn his Beauty & the Beast print into a cross stitch. Even DH fell in love with that one. It will be a must buy!
they are bringing beauty and the beast out as cross stitch in summer this year
Oh yay!!! I saw that one on his site a couple of weeks ago and hoped they would turn it into a kit. I'll be buying that one next for sure!!
YAY for you!! I am excited to see this progress!! at all the colors!!
a way I did mine if the colors were close, I counted the number of floss...for the most part the close colors would have a different number of lengths in the kit...hope that makes sense haha
Again how do you get your gridding so dark? What brand of marker do you use?
I'm working on this one, too! Mine is the smaller version with just the 8x10 but still seeing all that thread is a little intimidating!!!
I'm excited to see how yours turns out!
WIP:
Dragon Riders HAED
QS Wind Moon HAED
The Ranger HAED
HAED BB SAL Literate Dragon
maemae0410 wrote:YAY for you!! I am excited to see this progress!! at all the colors!!
a way I did mine if the colors were close, I counted the number of floss...for the most part the close colors would have a different number of lengths in the kit...hope that makes sense haha
Again how do you get your gridding so dark? What brand of marker do you use?
I understand completely. Unfortunately those two colors had the exact same amount of floss LOL
I used the Clover marking pen for the gridding. And, believe it or not, that was only one application. It starts out a bit lighter but darkens up as it dries.
caitief wrote:Wow -that looks great! Complicated, but great!
I can't wait to see your progress! Now you have me googling to see all the other great Disney patterns!
There are so many pretty ones!! Every time I'm in Joanns the little voice in my head tries to convince me to buy them all. The lack of money in my wallet though outweighs the voice!