HAED:LOTR - 7/29/12 - ON HOLD
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: My first HAED: Lord of the Rings The Burden
4 1/2 rows done on page 1 only 95 1/2 more to go 
Last edited by rcperryls on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: My first HAED: Lord of the Rings The Burden
Not a LOTR fan at all. But a very nice design your doing!!!
Can't offer any tips at all with gridding as I do it the old fashioned way. Count!
Maybe I will give gridding a try though
Can't offer any tips at all with gridding as I do it the old fashioned way. Count!
Maybe I will give gridding a try though
Finished:
Massive Disney design
Freddie mercury (for my mum)
Ocras at play.
Dolphins.
Massive Disney design
Freddie mercury (for my mum)
Ocras at play.
Dolphins.
Re: My first HAED: Lord of the Rings The Burden
I love LOTR!! I' so excited to see you work on this one!
As for gridding... I think it's calming... I just count the little crosses and then draw the lines. I once misplaced a line by one cross, but I just corrected it in the next line, that's okay because I only use it as slight orientation. I'm not done gridding my Kreimhild, just 450x250 up to now. I guess I will do the rest in time
I guess I will do a few line tonight
If you gridd by hand (like me): Don't do everything at once, it will drive you crazy!
As for gridding... I think it's calming... I just count the little crosses and then draw the lines. I once misplaced a line by one cross, but I just corrected it in the next line, that's okay because I only use it as slight orientation. I'm not done gridding my Kreimhild, just 450x250 up to now. I guess I will do the rest in time
If you gridd by hand (like me): Don't do everything at once, it will drive you crazy!
W.I.P
Kreimhild's Revenge - Haed
Das Rheingold - Haed
Yule Angel -Haed
QS Theatre of the Absurd - Haed
Starlight - Haed
Eternal Promise - Haed
Finished
SK Storykeeper, QS Book End Kitties (Haed)
My Blog
Kreimhild's Revenge - Haed
Das Rheingold - Haed
Yule Angel -Haed
QS Theatre of the Absurd - Haed
Starlight - Haed
Eternal Promise - Haed
Finished
SK Storykeeper, QS Book End Kitties (Haed)
My Blog
Re: My first HAED: Lord of the Rings The Burden
This is my first progress update. I promise not to put in any more until I finish page 1 which will hopefully look exactly like what I have now only 89 more rows of it. My next HAED is going to have lots of color. In fact, I am going to look for one now.
I love this one, but I am going to need a break. I now understand better why some of you rotate projects.

Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
It's a start! 
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)
WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
- purvislets
- Posts: 382
- Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 am
- Location: Florida
- Contact:
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
Looking good! With all that black, I'd definitely recommend rotating projects in and out to give your eyes a break. I have two projects in rotation now and work on them for about a week at a time before switching. It's enough time to get some progress and get the stitchy bug bag for the other one.
~Lauren
My Blog -- http://ambitiousstitches.blogspot.com
WIP:
"Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream" - Thomas Kinkade Disney Dream collection
(Forum Post HERE)
My Blog -- http://ambitiousstitches.blogspot.com
WIP:
"Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream" - Thomas Kinkade Disney Dream collection
(Forum Post HERE)
- Mrs Milkybar Kid
- Posts: 4402
- Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
- Location: Cornwall,UK
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
A start is a start! I am definitely pro-rotation! I plan on having four large projects on the go and even stitching a few smalls in between if it gets too much! I'm not going to be strict about it - if I feel like carrying on stitching on a particular piece I will - after all we are supposed to be enjoying our stitching it's not a race (that's what I keep telling myself !).
Amanda
Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)
Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)
Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
I think one of the beauties of this is you get to do whatever you want when you want, unlike most of the rest of life. So I think rotation is a great idea, if that's what you want. 
My blog: http://ravelldsleave.blogspot.com/
Finished in 2014 ~
By The Bay Needleart 2012 Mystery SAL
We Love Dogs
Warm Winter Woolens
Finished in 2014 ~
By The Bay Needleart 2012 Mystery SAL
We Love Dogs
Warm Winter Woolens
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
Who's the designer?
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
It is designed by Michele Sayetta.
I was just up on the website and of course added two designs to my cart to be downloaded.
I have a mac and don't have Adobe Reader, but "Preview" reads pdf files. Do you know if Preview will read a HAED downloaded pattern? I would think so, but before I do this I wondered. I don't intend on downloading Reader, but figured I would ask if you or anyone else knows.
Both designs are sooooooo cute - cats - and bright colors.
The first is QS Cats http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=2168 and the other is Amulet and Emmaline http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=5483. I think I am addicted.
(and if someone knows how to insert the url where the subject is please tell me. I thought I knew , but I didn't do it right.
Carole

I was just up on the website and of course added two designs to my cart to be downloaded.
I have a mac and don't have Adobe Reader, but "Preview" reads pdf files. Do you know if Preview will read a HAED downloaded pattern? I would think so, but before I do this I wondered. I don't intend on downloading Reader, but figured I would ask if you or anyone else knows.
Both designs are sooooooo cute - cats - and bright colors.
The first is QS Cats http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=2168 and the other is Amulet and Emmaline http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=5483. I think I am addicted.
(and if someone knows how to insert the url where the subject is please tell me. I thought I knew , but I didn't do it right.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
It looks like a pretty good start to me. I know what you mean about the black though and mine only really has it in the one corner.
Keep plodding along and you'll get there eventually.
mechie
mechie
WIP:
The Elementals (HAED) - Finished 9/42 Pages
Fall Fairy (Dimensions Gold) - Finished 4/4 Pages only backstitch left!
Springtime Roses Freebie (Chatelaine)
The Encounter - Finished 3/24 Pages (HAED)
The Elementals (HAED) - Finished 9/42 Pages
Fall Fairy (Dimensions Gold) - Finished 4/4 Pages only backstitch left!
Springtime Roses Freebie (Chatelaine)
The Encounter - Finished 3/24 Pages (HAED)
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
looking good so far, loving the other 2 choices, 2nd 1 very colourful 
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
ooh that's going to look fab when it's finished!
*~Carla~*
my blog
my Etsy shop
Currently Stitching - HAED - Hmpf!, Mario Sampler, Chatelaine - Deep Blue Sea, Song of the Weather SAL, Woodland Sampler SAL, L&L - Angel of Summer, Summer Tree of Stitches
my blog
my Etsy shop
Currently Stitching - HAED - Hmpf!, Mario Sampler, Chatelaine - Deep Blue Sea, Song of the Weather SAL, Woodland Sampler SAL, L&L - Angel of Summer, Summer Tree of Stitches
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
I love the Amulet and Amaline HAED! You'd get lots of little finishes along the way to keep you going!
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
- vanessanjf
- Posts: 12944
- Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
- Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
Great start

Vanessa
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
OMG I love LOTR and I think I might just have to add this to my stash!! You've made a great start on this I'm looking forward to seeing this progress!!!
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
Amazing start!
I'm a mac user, too. Preview is able to cope with Haed, but give it some time, it tends to crash because of all these symbols
I always print my patterns /the shipping to Germany is so expensive).
I'm a mac user, too. Preview is able to cope with Haed, but give it some time, it tends to crash because of all these symbols
W.I.P
Kreimhild's Revenge - Haed
Das Rheingold - Haed
Yule Angel -Haed
QS Theatre of the Absurd - Haed
Starlight - Haed
Eternal Promise - Haed
Finished
SK Storykeeper, QS Book End Kitties (Haed)
My Blog
Kreimhild's Revenge - Haed
Das Rheingold - Haed
Yule Angel -Haed
QS Theatre of the Absurd - Haed
Starlight - Haed
Eternal Promise - Haed
Finished
SK Storykeeper, QS Book End Kitties (Haed)
My Blog
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
thank you. I did try with QS Cats since it is a really small pattern and it worked fine. I will remember what you send about the larger ones. I think the new one will be good to rotate in with LOTR especially when I am doing so much black. Working it in 10 x 10 blocks and that is much easier on my eyes. Giving me a chance to learn gridding too. But, the HAED addiction is clearly a serious one.Juel wrote: I'm a mac user, too. Preview is able to cope with Haed, but give it some time, it tends to crash because of all these symbolsI always print my patterns /the shipping to Germany is so expensive).
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
It might be a small start, but it is a start 
Loving the two others you're looking at, especially the second one. That'd be great fun to stitch as each colourful square would be a mini finish of its own. Plus it's so pretty
Loving the two others you're looking at, especially the second one. That'd be great fun to stitch as each colourful square would be a mini finish of its own. Plus it's so pretty
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs