HAED:LOTR - 7/29/12 - ON HOLD

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by tiffstitch »

Very cute choices for in-betweens! As for the url thing, you can hit the url button on the header and then in the first bracket you enter the link. I'll show you with spaces so it doesn't make a link.

[ u r l = link] text [/url]

Hope that helps! And great start on Burden!
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by rcperryls »

thank you. I will try that the next time I have a link to something. probably my next new HAED :lol:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by rcperryls »

I said I was going to wait until I had completed the first page to post progess, but I decided some encouragement would keep me going. I have actually done another column and 1/2 so I'm a bit further along now. I am finding that it is in some ways easy right now because I get into a rhythm and it is going quicker than I expected. The gridding is also coming along. I do it as I go and right now the vertical lines aren't that important. Would you believe there are actually 9 stitches of a different color on this page now?
3371 of course. I haven't figured out why they are there though.
Image

I am going to start the HAED QS Cats after completing page 1 of this design so that I get a break from "black,black,black" for a while.

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by karen4bells »

great progress but I do NOT blame you at all for wanting a break from all of that black :doh:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Mrs Milkybar Kid
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Cornwall,UK

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Excellent progress and perseverance Carole! I think it's a good idea to give yourself a reward of a new start after page 1!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by tiffstitch »

Wow! You've got a lot done. I suppose you could always leave those few 3371 stitches out, it may not make any difference. Does his hair start in that page? That may be why there are a few browns there.

Having your other QS to go to should help relieve the "blackness". :D It's so light and cheery.
User avatar
YoungStitcher
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by YoungStitcher »

Awesome design. :)

It'll look great when its finished. All the black would bore me. lol :lol:
Current WIP
Arise on the Wings of Your Dreams
Twilight Bridge
Nativity Scene

Finished Projects
Lily :whoop: Santa's Flight :whoop: Pirate Queen :whoop: Scotland Map
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by vanessanjf »

Great progress :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by Rose »

Wow so much black!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

you've done such a lot already! I can see why you're wondering about the 9 stitches of 3371 -- will anyone notice them? i know odd stitches can sometimes make a great difference, but here I'd be very tempted to just do them in black.... :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by rcperryls »

The reason it is so weird is that the 3371 is in the very first row I stitched. The first 3 stitches in the pattern and then in the first row column 8 there are 6 stitches, which might be Frodo's hair. Otherwise i think I would have followed the suggestion to just do black, like every other stitch on the page. Which is why the next HAED is mostly light colors, I think. And the one I plan on after that will be bright colors.
I do think that one reason I have stitched so quickly is that it really doesn't require much to do this and in its own way is kind of relaxing, if that makes any sense. But I will be glad when page 1 is completed.

Carole
:roll:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Nachstenliebe
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by Nachstenliebe »

I think having an additional piece on the go with lots of colors might keep the balance of things in check... It's a sad day when 3371 stirs excitement in a color change lol :wink:
Faith
User avatar
mechie
Posts: 1074
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Central Maryland, USA

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by mechie »

Wow, you've made a lot of progress. At this rate you'll hit color in no time. :D

mechie
WIP:
The Elementals (HAED) - Finished 9/42 Pages
Fall Fairy (Dimensions Gold) - Finished 4/4 Pages only backstitch left!
Springtime Roses Freebie (Chatelaine)
The Encounter - Finished 3/24 Pages (HAED)
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by Carole »

One thing about the endless black is that you make progress quickly :D
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
Ketta
Posts: 618
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:58 pm
Location: Oregon, US

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by Ketta »

Great progress! I totally agree that having a second or third project to switch to when you're absolutely bored with black is a great idea. I have my insect (almost finished) and Serenity WIPs going, a bookmark for my son (also almost finished), and a HAED I started but haven't put in this forum yet (wanted to finish a page first). I rotate them a lot, as I found that if I don't have different things going on I can lose the 'bug' easily, and I don't want that at all! :)

Looking forward to seeing more, as well as pics of your QS.
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Nachstenliebe wrote:It's a sad day when 3371 stirs excitement in a color change lol :wink:
:lol:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by rcperryls »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:
Nachstenliebe wrote:It's a sad day when 3371 stirs excitement in a color change lol :wink:
:lol:
@rotfl:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
nettie
Posts: 2802
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Wellington, Somerset, England

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by nettie »

Looking good and I bet your looking forward to the next colour coming in!!!
User avatar
Fljotsdale
Posts: 4251
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:52 pm
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by Fljotsdale »

Stunning project! :) And well done with all that black! I'd like to do a LOTR cross stitch myself - but I'm not sure I could bear to do so much black and red. You are a brave girl!

Never gridded, myself. I did try once, on a linen, too, but it seemed far more trouble than it was worth - did I ever mention how lazy I am? - and I manage fine without. Just have to be a bit careful with counting... :wink:

Mind you, I haven't done any of my HAEDs yet...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
User avatar
sillypants124
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:08 am
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update

Post by sillypants124 »

This is a great progress I can not wait to see more. I love "Lord Of the Rings".
Post Reply