I made this chart in memory of my beloved Shadow, RIP June, 2009. He had green eyes like the middle kitty. And he had blue eyes when he was a kitten.
I'm stitching this one on 14 ct. black Aida. I figured out all the colors in DMC and was planning on blending metallic floss with the eye colors - goldwith the amber and green eyes and silver for the blue eyes.
But now I'm thinking about stitching this in silk. I'm looking online for which would be best to purchase. I want the colors to have a high luster. I already have the frame, 8 x 24, and have ordered a custom mat in black.
That should be a wonderful project. I look forward to seeing it.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Seedreemer - Yes, I made this one up, thanks. I just started with a blank screen in Pc Stitch with the middle eyes and thought it would be good to add two more.
The design is 5.5" x 21.5". Didn't mean for it to be so big, just turned out that way. I had a hard time finding a frame for it. I had all but decided I was going to have to have it custom framed when I saw the exact size I needed at a discount store called Ollie's.
I wonder - how close are conversion charts? I'm looking at the DMC to Eterna silk conversions. They show an equivalent to everyone of the colors I'd picked out except one. But if they're not pretty exact matches, I'll be disappointed.
I'm still waiting on the silks I bought from Thread Express. But I did get the mat I ordered, only it was bent. I'm going to spray paint it black to see if that covers the bend. And also to cover the white core it has. Otherwise it fits great in the frame.