Micheals
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
Micheals
The Micheal's I frequent is starting to redo their cross stitch section so things are going on clearance. Right now it's mostly fabric but you might want to check your local Micheals out and see if they are too.
HEAD: Nala
Re: Micheals
Oh how I miss Michael's! I moved from the US to Ireland recently, and it's a desert when it comes to craft supplies, andthe few you can find will cost you an arm and a leg

My blog
WIP
Brodeuse Bressane - Fleur de Lys SAL
Mirabilia - Persephone
Chatelaine - Sleeping Beauty Castle
HAED - Mini Lady of the Flowers (Phelan)
HAED - Celtic Fire (Buziak)
HAED - Wheel of Fortune (Law)
WIP
Brodeuse Bressane - Fleur de Lys SAL
Mirabilia - Persephone
Chatelaine - Sleeping Beauty Castle
HAED - Mini Lady of the Flowers (Phelan)
HAED - Celtic Fire (Buziak)
HAED - Wheel of Fortune (Law)
- Nachstenliebe
- Posts: 12466
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Micheals
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check tomorrow
Faith
Faith
Faith
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
Re: Micheals
I was in Michael's yesterday and unfortunately they didn't seem to have any clearance sale going on. And they haven't replenished their DMC stock either in several weeks. The only answer I get is that the truck with all their goods comes on Wednesday. Its better than nothing, but I am going to have to brave traffic one day and check out the closest LNS. I think. Not far, just a pain to get to.
What did you get at the Clearance Sale? Anything fun?
Carole

What did you get at the Clearance Sale? Anything fun?
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- OctoberLace
- Posts: 376
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:48 am
- Location: San Antonio, Texas
- Contact:
Re: Micheals
http://weeklyad.michaels.com/
The Michaels stores in our area are not running any cross stitch clearance sales that I know of. However, if you need any supplies, there's a 25% off total purchase coupon good all day today at the link above. They've been running a lot of these lately!
Theresa
The Michaels stores in our area are not running any cross stitch clearance sales that I know of. However, if you need any supplies, there's a 25% off total purchase coupon good all day today at the link above. They've been running a lot of these lately!
Theresa
OctoberLace
Active WIPs:
Gigi R's Belles-Lettres D
HAED Angel with Iris (Strelkina)
Pelin Tezer's Berlin Work Sampler
HAED Sistine Chapel
Blog: http://octoberlace.blogspot.com/
Active WIPs:
Gigi R's Belles-Lettres D
HAED Angel with Iris (Strelkina)
Pelin Tezer's Berlin Work Sampler
HAED Sistine Chapel
Blog: http://octoberlace.blogspot.com/
Re: Micheals
I have the same luck as rcperryls with michaels. It's always "the shipment comes in on Wednesday". Well that's no good to me cause the closest michaels (and any craft shop) is a 5 hour drive. I've given up on them and I'm only going to order online. I will go for their frames though.
- stitchnsew
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:18 pm
- Location: Blaine, Minnesota,USA
- Contact:
Re: Micheals
Same here. I got the standard "And did you find everything you wanted?" Well no, there were a couple of colors you're entirely out of. "Oh, the next shipment comes in next week. Check back then"
That was 3 wks ago, and they're emptier than ever. I was lucky enough to the the last skein of 3 different colors!
I feel bad about complaining though because I have 3 different Michaels within 7 mi, and 2 more that are within 15 mi., plus one LNS that is less than 10 mi away. I realize I take for granted the fact that I can hop in the car for a few min. to pick up an extra skein when I need it.--I didn't realize that so many people have to depend on online ordering or long drives!
That was 3 wks ago, and they're emptier than ever. I was lucky enough to the the last skein of 3 different colors!
I feel bad about complaining though because I have 3 different Michaels within 7 mi, and 2 more that are within 15 mi., plus one LNS that is less than 10 mi away. I realize I take for granted the fact that I can hop in the car for a few min. to pick up an extra skein when I need it.--I didn't realize that so many people have to depend on online ordering or long drives!
WIP
It's About Time-HAED, Ciro Marchetti
Sanctuary of Knowledge-HAED, Randall Spangler
Little Cake Shop-HAED, Aimee Stewart
Coming To Room SS MC-HAED, Jan Krasney
Everything So Beautiful-HAED, Alan Giana
A Stitch In Time-Aimee Stewart
Eden- Andy Russell
It's About Time-HAED, Ciro Marchetti
Sanctuary of Knowledge-HAED, Randall Spangler
Little Cake Shop-HAED, Aimee Stewart
Coming To Room SS MC-HAED, Jan Krasney
Everything So Beautiful-HAED, Alan Giana
A Stitch In Time-Aimee Stewart
Eden- Andy Russell
Re: Micheals
I have the same problem about the floss. The manager told me they were redoing it and clearing out things that haven't been moving. They recently got done "redoing" (i.e. reducing and/or changing) their yarn section in this region.
I got mostly DMC fabric for $1.99. And some 32ct Zweigart for $6.99.
I'm hoping in about a month or two they'll do $2 grab bags featuring cross stitch. They just did them for all the Christmas stuff that didn't sale during the after Christmas sales.
I got mostly DMC fabric for $1.99. And some 32ct Zweigart for $6.99.
I'm hoping in about a month or two they'll do $2 grab bags featuring cross stitch. They just did them for all the Christmas stuff that didn't sale during the after Christmas sales.
HEAD: Nala
Re: Micheals
I'm fairly happy with my Michaels. It's about 10 mi from home, all on the highway so I'm there in less than 15 min, and although when going with a big color list a couple are always missing, I do notice they've restocked the next time I go. I never seem to find pearl kreinik though, just the gold or red ones.
All my stitching supplies come from either Michaels or 123 stitch. I drove around looking for a LNS but one was closed, and one closes too early, I can never get there in time, and from the outside it looks like it's mostly them selling their own stitched works or their own charts.
I have a Joann's a bit closer than Michaels too but the DMC floss costs more there, and the cross stitch section is so tiny, it makes Michaels's cross stitch section look like a paradise.
All my stitching supplies come from either Michaels or 123 stitch. I drove around looking for a LNS but one was closed, and one closes too early, I can never get there in time, and from the outside it looks like it's mostly them selling their own stitched works or their own charts.
I have a Joann's a bit closer than Michaels too but the DMC floss costs more there, and the cross stitch section is so tiny, it makes Michaels's cross stitch section look like a paradise.
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)
WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Re: Micheals
Unfortunately my Michael's is really hit and miss as to if they have floss stocked or not. I was just there and could not find 6 colors that I was hoping to restock. Our store seems to be reducing the stitching section. Not happy about that. The local Joanne's is terrible the floss is all tore up and there is no material.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Re: Micheals
We also have an AC Moore's not too far and fairly easy to get to. Not the best selection but it is better than Michaels. What the Michael's has going for it for me, is that it is about 10 minutes away and in the same shopping section as WalMart, TJ Maxx and two clothes stores I like. Gas station too, so I can always find an excuse
Probably good thing for me that the selections aren't always great.
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- pattiebelle
- Posts: 1575
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:26 pm
- Location: southern california
Re: Micheals
all in all, a good stash run

pattiebelle
"Gratitude is memory of the heart" (Jean-Baptiste Massieu)
"Gratitude is memory of the heart" (Jean-Baptiste Massieu)
Re: Micheals
Good haul there for sure. I can tell just by what you purchased that your Michaels has a lot more to offer than mine. Can't wait to see what you do with all of it.
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: Micheals
hmm i may have to pop into my local one..everytime i go there is less and less stitchy stuff 
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
- MaggieM1750
- Posts: 2675
- Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:40 am
- Location: Minneapolis Minnesota, USA
Re: Micheals
The Northtown Michaels is rubbish for stitch supplies. Some time before Christmas they re-organized the aisle and pulled a bunch of the stitch supplies out and moved in all the felting tools and kits. I happened to stop in while it was happening and asked if they were getting rid of their cross stitch items- she said No.. just getting rid of items that weren't selling and getting in some new kits and tools. When I checked back a week later to see the new things- I saw the "new things" were felting tools and projects- not cross stitch. So clearly the woman re-organizing things had no idea what was in the boxes she was putting on the shelves. And no one ever seems to know what I am talking about when I ask questions. I work just down University so I used to run to that Michaels all the time for supplies- not anymore.stitchnsew wrote: I feel bad about complaining though because I have 3 different Michaels within 7 mi, and 2 more that are within 15 mi., plus one LNS that is less than 10 mi away.
Re: Micheals
That's a good haul! What you got is similar to what I see at the local Michaels.
Carole, the Michaels I go to is right next to a TJ Max and a Bed, Bath and Beyond, two stores I like browsing in.
Carole, the Michaels I go to is right next to a TJ Max and a Bed, Bath and Beyond, two stores I like browsing in.
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)
WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Re: Micheals
My Michaels is only good for fabric, hoops and floss anymore. They've long since cleared out everything else. Joann's floss is a little cheaper and they stock a lot more tools, kits and things and there's always something, like kits, on clearance 50% off. Joann's clearly beats out Michael's around here.
Dawn
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy
Finished ~Hummingbirds
sleeplessstitcher916 on Instagram
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy
Finished ~Hummingbirds
sleeplessstitcher916 on Instagram
- megan_bright
- Posts: 836
- Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 am
- Contact:
Re: Micheals
The nearest michaels from home is an hr drive...but apparently there isn't a craft store in all of DC, or if there is I certainly haven't found it! I have to take a cab to Virginia to get to one and that's way too expensive for a college student like myself lol I'm so ready to graduate! Lol
WIP:
Dragon Riders HAED
QS Wind Moon HAED
The Ranger HAED
HAED BB SAL Literate Dragon
http://meganbright7.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Dragon Riders HAED
QS Wind Moon HAED
The Ranger HAED
HAED BB SAL Literate Dragon
http://meganbright7.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
- OctoberLace
- Posts: 376
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:48 am
- Location: San Antonio, Texas
- Contact:
Re: Micheals
Here in San Antonio, we have 5 Michaels, 5 Hobby Lobbys, and 2 Joanns. I generally go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby for floss and storage items. Most of my fabrics and charts are ordered online. We used to have 3 LNS, but only 1 remains. One fell victim to a massive road construction project that messed up traffic patterns for 2 years, making it hard to get there. The other never did well and closed this month.
Occasionally I will go to the LNS, but I really wish the one I used to frequent was still in business. When I went there, the owner had all her cut fabrics in plastic zip bags, labeled with the cut and size of the pieces. If you wanted something not already cut and packaged, she (or one of her employees) would show you the other fabric they had on hand and cut to your specs. In fact, if one of the pre-packaged pieces was larger than you wanted, they'd cut that, too, and re-label the remainder. They always had a great selection of everything and were more than willing to order if you wanted anything else, generally with a 2 week turnaround.
The shop that remains has all their fabric stacked in cubes, and customers have to handle the whole bundle to find what they'd like. On the plus side, they do serge the edges, but so do the ONS I use. When I contacted them about a specific fabric I wanted, carefully noting that I was not in a rush and knew I'd probably have a wait to get it, they tried to get me to buy a different type of fabric they already had in stock. I gave up and ordered online.
Occasionally I will go to the LNS, but I really wish the one I used to frequent was still in business. When I went there, the owner had all her cut fabrics in plastic zip bags, labeled with the cut and size of the pieces. If you wanted something not already cut and packaged, she (or one of her employees) would show you the other fabric they had on hand and cut to your specs. In fact, if one of the pre-packaged pieces was larger than you wanted, they'd cut that, too, and re-label the remainder. They always had a great selection of everything and were more than willing to order if you wanted anything else, generally with a 2 week turnaround.
The shop that remains has all their fabric stacked in cubes, and customers have to handle the whole bundle to find what they'd like. On the plus side, they do serge the edges, but so do the ONS I use. When I contacted them about a specific fabric I wanted, carefully noting that I was not in a rush and knew I'd probably have a wait to get it, they tried to get me to buy a different type of fabric they already had in stock. I gave up and ordered online.
OctoberLace
Active WIPs:
Gigi R's Belles-Lettres D
HAED Angel with Iris (Strelkina)
Pelin Tezer's Berlin Work Sampler
HAED Sistine Chapel
Blog: http://octoberlace.blogspot.com/
Active WIPs:
Gigi R's Belles-Lettres D
HAED Angel with Iris (Strelkina)
Pelin Tezer's Berlin Work Sampler
HAED Sistine Chapel
Blog: http://octoberlace.blogspot.com/
