LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
- nachosmiley
- Posts: 2258
- Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:46 pm
- Location: Rugby, England
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/1 update Back Home
Looking great and I love the words
Linen is lovely to stitch on once you get into a flow with it...I find starting the worst bit but once those first couple of stitches are in it's great and it looks so lovely, it's totally worth it! I'm glad you're enjoying using the overdyed threads too.....it's a slippery slope though...once you start using them it's hard to go back to normal threads!! 
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/1 update Back Home
Glad you did not have an over-long delay. Nice start on the LK!!!!!!! 
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/1 update Back Home
Great to see you back again and I know you 2 bosses are very pleased about it. I mean Laverne has been without stitching for days - definitely showing signs of loving having it around again.
Love the update too and you are the only one who knows that the greens are the wrong way round - well now we know too but not concerned.
Letter in the post today.
sally
Love the update too and you are the only one who knows that the greens are the wrong way round - well now we know too but not concerned.
Letter in the post today.
sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/1 update Back Home
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
- Mrs Milkybar Kid
- Posts: 4402
- Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
- Location: Cornwall,UK
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/1 update Back Home
Glad you had a safe trip home Carole! Your stitching is looking lovely and I'm glad you are loving the linen and overdyeds - a great combination! As Nacho said it is a slippery slope with the threads.....next it will be silks and then there will be no hope for you!
Amanda
Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)
Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)
Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/1 update Back Home
I loved doing this. Am going to get the fabric and threads for my other two as soon as I get to the LNS. It was sooooooo fast and soooooooo easy once I got used to counting on the linen. I also have to get a frame. I am going to plan on framing this myself. Gifts for others will be done by the LNS. For me, I am going the cheap labor way.
Okay, Miss L was out basking in today's hot weather on the catio. All I did was turn the camera on. I truly do not understand her fascination with being in front of the camera.

The finished "snippet".

Now to figure out which design to work on next. I think Dragon Riders is calling though I am sooooooooo tempted to start a new one. But not yet.
Carole

Okay, Miss L was out basking in today's hot weather on the catio. All I did was turn the camera on. I truly do not understand her fascination with being in front of the camera.

The finished "snippet".

Now to figure out which design to work on next. I think Dragon Riders is calling though I am sooooooooo tempted to start a new one. But not yet.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
That looks great

Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
- megan_bright
- Posts: 836
- Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 am
- Contact:
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
I love that!! Looks great! 
WIP:
Dragon Riders HAED
QS Wind Moon HAED
The Ranger HAED
HAED BB SAL Literate Dragon
http://meganbright7.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Dragon Riders HAED
QS Wind Moon HAED
The Ranger HAED
HAED BB SAL Literate Dragon
http://meganbright7.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
- destructiveernie
- Posts: 2107
- Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:12 pm
- Location: Mid Wales
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
Great finish!!!
This one is on my wish list!!!
This one is on my wish list!!!
Emma
WIP:
HAED Faery Tales
Tilton Crafts - MCM Olde Worlde Map
HAED QS Lady Bug
Ink Circles The Bramble and the Rose
HAED Sistine Chapel
HAED Butterfly Wood
HAED SAL Teddy Bear Tree
Lucy - Charted by Skitzzzz
WIP:
HAED Faery Tales
Tilton Crafts - MCM Olde Worlde Map
HAED QS Lady Bug
Ink Circles The Bramble and the Rose
HAED Sistine Chapel
HAED Butterfly Wood
HAED SAL Teddy Bear Tree
Lucy - Charted by Skitzzzz
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
Congrats on your finish Carole! It's very cute!!
Dana
WIPs
HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen
Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
WIPs
HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen
Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
- jocellogirl
- Posts: 4070
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:05 pm
- Location: Birmingham, England
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
Crikey!!! That was quick!!!!!
That is just lovely
and I don't know what you were worried about with the linen. I bet there will be no stopping you now!!!!!!!
That is just lovely
Jo x
WIP:
Celtic Autumn
On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel
Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
WIP:
Celtic Autumn
On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel
Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
- Mrs Milkybar Kid
- Posts: 4402
- Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
- Location: Cornwall,UK
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
Great work Carole! I think I will have to do another L*K for my next small!
Amanda
Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)
Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)
Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
Beautiful finish!! LOL on Laverne, she deffo likes the camera!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
- backafteradozenyrs
- Posts: 1888
- Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:00 pm
- Location: Deep in the woods of N. E. Florida
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
WOW, that was fast! (are you WONDER NEEDLE?) It sure did come out BEAUTIFUL (and the cross stitch looks good, too....the cats beaut.....)
I'm also going through Linen-hesitation. I've got a piece for the Stuart frame-up but I'm hesitant (read: TERRIFIED) to start....kinda like the first day at the pool & just STANDING there on the diving board...
I'm also going through Linen-hesitation. I've got a piece for the Stuart frame-up but I'm hesitant (read: TERRIFIED) to start....kinda like the first day at the pool & just STANDING there on the diving board...
Diana
WIP
Rejoice in Today Rooster=Stoney Creek
White Dorkings=Leisure Arts
White Wedding-Ellen Maurer-Stroh
Finished Masterpieces:
His Name Is Jesus
Never too old for teddy
Turn off the water sign
Debbies bookmark
WIP
Rejoice in Today Rooster=Stoney Creek
White Dorkings=Leisure Arts
White Wedding-Ellen Maurer-Stroh
Finished Masterpieces:
His Name Is Jesus
Never too old for teddy
Turn off the water sign
Debbies bookmark
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
Thank you everyone for your nice comments. Couldn't have done this without you. Especially because I don't know if I would have found Lizzie Kate. Certainly wouldn't have even thought about overdyed threads. Amanda, I am going to do my best to stay away from silk!
Diana, it was tricky in the beginning to work on the linen because it was 28 ct and the smallest I have done in years (once did a sampler on 32 ct. never again). But it was over 2 and once I got my eyes adjusted to it, it wasn't too bad to count. Made a few mistakes, but they were easy to fix. It went fast because it is a "snippet", which is a pretty small pattern. plus it was easy to work on while visiting around the kitchen table and then again while waiting for planes to arrive and depart. Can't stitch on the airplane because there isn't enough room when the person in front, puts their seat back. The Belfast linen wasn't at all knobby (or whatever it is called) so it really just seemed like a smaller evenweave. that is what I would use again. Try it and if you don't like it then go to something else. I may change my mind the next time. I can be fickle about fabric.
Carole

Diana, it was tricky in the beginning to work on the linen because it was 28 ct and the smallest I have done in years (once did a sampler on 32 ct. never again). But it was over 2 and once I got my eyes adjusted to it, it wasn't too bad to count. Made a few mistakes, but they were easy to fix. It went fast because it is a "snippet", which is a pretty small pattern. plus it was easy to work on while visiting around the kitchen table and then again while waiting for planes to arrive and depart. Can't stitch on the airplane because there isn't enough room when the person in front, puts their seat back. The Belfast linen wasn't at all knobby (or whatever it is called) so it really just seemed like a smaller evenweave. that is what I would use again. Try it and if you don't like it then go to something else. I may change my mind the next time. I can be fickle about fabric.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
woohoo! Congratulations on another finish!
I love this design as well, and will have to add it to my wishlist. So far I haven't stitched any LKs for me, but that would be a must.
Love the look of the overdyed, and I feel your pain about WDW.. my new LNS has a whole wall of them... it's dangerous.
Love the look of the overdyed, and I feel your pain about WDW.. my new LNS has a whole wall of them... it's dangerous.
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
Great finish!!!!!!!!! 
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
Lovely
That was certainly a quick one, well fone it looks great. Excited to see it framed
That was certainly a quick one, well fone it looks great. Excited to see it framed
WIP
Winnie the Pooh afghan
Santa's Secret (Dimensions) tiny bit left but run out of thread
KISS cushion (Emily Peacock) - for my new extension (its now built so I need to get a shifty on)
Finished 2012
ABCs of Parenting L*K
Princess Sampler
Winnie the Pooh afghan
Santa's Secret (Dimensions) tiny bit left but run out of thread
KISS cushion (Emily Peacock) - for my new extension (its now built so I need to get a shifty on)
Finished 2012
ABCs of Parenting L*K
Princess Sampler
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Re: LK: Stitching Forever 4/2 FINISHED !!! Loved it.
Awesome job, it looks wonderful! And such a true statement too

My blog: http://stitchingreaper.blogspot.com