Managed to get the majority kitted out just waiting on threads coming that were not in stock. Enough to be getting on with
1st HAED not expecting anything too fast.
25 ct lugana.
Last edited by millymolly on Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Just done a quick hour tonight to get it started
Im finding it huge Need to get something better than balancing a hoop on my legs and having one hand behind and one infront and balancing chart in all funny ways.
Also not sure if im covering it right - am i only supposed to use one of those TINY squares lol?
for a good start on a lovely design.
Yes, it's usually over 1 and 25 count is pretty small, though quite a few stitch on 28 ct fabric. Are you using 1 or 2 strands of thread? I am doing one HAED that is 2 over 1 and I find it a bit bulky, but it was the only way to get good coverage for the black stitches and there is a lot of black. I am doing several 1 over 1 and find it much easier stitching and still pretty good coverage. Are you doing regular x's or tent/half crosses? All that can make a difference. Be warned. This can get very addicting.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Looks like it will have some lovely subtle shading!
There's no reason why you shouldn't stitch it "over two", but it will be twice as high and wide. Most heads are stitched "over one", or on a fine aida, but as i said you can stitch it any way you like !
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Did you get to do any test stitches on different counts of fabric? Even though the 25 ct fabric is recommended, HAEDs are stitched on all different counts of fabric. Since it takes a long time to stitch a HAED, stitching on a comfortable fabric count can make a big difference.
Since you've just started the design, it wouldn't be too late to switch to a different fabric count if you want.
For me, I prefer 2x1 on 20 ct fabric, but I do have a HAED that I'm stitching 1x1 on 28 ct fabric.
CayenneCat
WIP:
HAED: Fireside Fairytales, Shiver Meow Timbers
Chatelaines: Serengeti, Deep Blue Sea, Spring Raffle
I did try a few different cts but i think im going to change anyway not decided yet, but Mr has had a good jump around and im going to start something else in the meantime
I hope your HAED design doesn't get put aside for too long. Been there myself not that long ago. Please feel free to ask any questions you have. I know you can do it!!!
CayenneCat
WIP:
HAED: Fireside Fairytales, Shiver Meow Timbers
Chatelaines: Serengeti, Deep Blue Sea, Spring Raffle
I hope so too. I found a hogwarts crest which i am going to do now for my cousins birthday as she is HP DAFT!! So as soon as that is done I will get this one back out. I would really like to hang it in my room so there is motivation there to get back to it
Yes unless you doubled the material size to take into account doing it over 2 which is what I see in your photo then you should be doing it over 1 and your material will not be big enough, it would be awful to do so much and run out of room. You do get used to working over 1 after a relatively short while I find, good luck with it when you pick it back up.