The beard, mustache and eyebrows were done using a specialty thread called 'Wonder Plume' that has a 1/4" long fluff. The slicker is done in a mosaic stitch variation using Neon Rays for the longer stitches and Flair for the shorter. The short are a diagonal 1, 2, 1 thread and the long are a 4, 3, 4 thread.
Last edited by chasfrog on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07% Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
So pretty. I love the textures that you can get with the needlepoint. And the beard is fantastic!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Agi
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
I really want to try out new stitches but don't quite know where to start (other than doing a stitch sampler) but I love this! was it from a kit or did you design it yourself?
This was a canvas the came with a thread & stitches guide, but I varied a few, e.g., the background. I also invested in a few good stitches books and an app for iPhone / iPad called Suzy's stitches. Needlepoint is much more fun (and often faster) when you try different stitches and threads. The DMC web site also has some stitch tutorials & charts.
Happy stitching!
Needlepoint is a lot of fun when different stitches are involved. I like counted canvas work because of the variety of fibers and stitches used; they bring so much more depth to any picture, geometric shape, etc. One of my favorite projects is a counted canvas Victorian house designed by Jean Hilton. It was a lot of work and so much fun.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Wow! This is really cool and I love the texture and colors of the design! Love the beard too! I agree that needlepoint stitches is enjoyable. I plan to try one as well. Thank you for sharing your work with us!