Carole's 2013 & 2014 WIPs
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
Brilliant finish, love it

mags
WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still
)
various bits and bobs
WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still
various bits and bobs
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
I couldn't resist posting a progress pic of The Fellowship of the Ring on my blog, and I feel the need to pop it here too. Hobbits! They're just so cute

I've still got four of the nine characters to go but I'm hoping to finish it this week. I may add some text, but I'm undecided about what to put just yet.

I've still got four of the nine characters to go but I'm hoping to finish it this week. I may add some text, but I'm undecided about what to put just yet.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
Calico
WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED
My Blog
My Flickr
My YouTube Channel
WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED
My Blog
My Flickr
My YouTube Channel
-
Nimble stitch
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:39 pm
- Location: Crewe, England
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
So cute - love them 
Karen
Work in Progress
Dress Makers Daughter - Nora Corbett
Best of British Street Party - Sandy Littlejohns & Deborah Lester
Santa's Sleigh (Christmas Eve Couriers) - Nora Corbett
Completed
Santa - Mirabillia
Work in Progress
Dress Makers Daughter - Nora Corbett
Best of British Street Party - Sandy Littlejohns & Deborah Lester
Santa's Sleigh (Christmas Eve Couriers) - Nora Corbett
Completed
Santa - Mirabillia
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
I was thinking of the "One ring" quote but I'm not sure it quite fits. I may see if I can come up with anything more related to The Fellowship.rcperryls wrote:Are you thinking of adding a line from the book???? As in, "One ring to rule them" or the title?
Carole
Wait till you see Legolas and Gimli. I'm leaving them till last as a treat
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
- Nachstenliebe
- Posts: 12466
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
Faith
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
Those are very cute!!!!!!!

If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
- secondhandrose
- Posts: 205
- Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:14 am
- Location: Northcote, VIC Australia
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
Very cute.
WIP
English Garden sampler (BH&G)
St George and the Dragon (Janlynn)
English Garden sampler (BH&G)
St George and the Dragon (Janlynn)
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
What an amazing transformation the BS made on your Venice project!! I can't say enought about the hobbits - really adore the fabric you chose!

WIPs:
Hillside Travelers by LHN
The Library by LHN
Past, Present, and Future by Disney
Balloon Glow by Dimensions Gold
Little Sheep Virtues by LHN
HAED 12 Dancing Princesses
Grandma Twinkles by Janlynn
Hillside Travelers by LHN
The Library by LHN
Past, Present, and Future by Disney
Balloon Glow by Dimensions Gold
Little Sheep Virtues by LHN
HAED 12 Dancing Princesses
Grandma Twinkles by Janlynn
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
So, as my rotation is stuffed to bursting with projects, I thought it'd be a great idea to add two more SALs
I've signed up for the Stitch Specialists Summer Tree of Stitches 'cause there was no way I was going to resist that. I'm not entirely sure when I'm going to fit it in though.
I've also signed up for the LHN Mystery SAL because my friend Tree tempted me with it. I do love LHN though so it didn't take much persuading. I'm going to reward myself for doing that backstitch by slotting it into week three, instead of picking up another UFO. It's only a three part one so it shouldn't be too hard to keep up.
This is the stash. Such lush threads!

I've signed up for the Stitch Specialists Summer Tree of Stitches 'cause there was no way I was going to resist that. I'm not entirely sure when I'm going to fit it in though.
I've also signed up for the LHN Mystery SAL because my friend Tree tempted me with it. I do love LHN though so it didn't take much persuading. I'm going to reward myself for doing that backstitch by slotting it into week three, instead of picking up another UFO. It's only a three part one so it shouldn't be too hard to keep up.
This is the stash. Such lush threads!

Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
Love the pixel people!! I seem to recall some quote about the company staying true as long as all their hearts were pure... something like that? or was that just from the movie?
Good luck on your new starts too!
Good luck on your new starts too!
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
My feeling is that a quote could be a great idea - maybe one from the meeting at Rivendell when the fellowship was initially formed? They are so cute too
I STILL haven't started the original TOS - I downloaded the parts and got the password etc but I just haven't gotten around to it and tbh I'm not feeling this one so much.
You can never have too many projects
I don't rotate etc as I can't get my head around that just yet, but I DO have my next project all prepared and ready to go and I might have to start it to get a break from the disney one
I STILL haven't started the original TOS - I downloaded the parts and got the password etc but I just haven't gotten around to it and tbh I'm not feeling this one so much.
You can never have too many projects
Current WIP's
HAED SAL 2026 Stone Cottage Keep
Spinning
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys
HAED SAL 2026 Stone Cottage Keep
Spinning
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
I'm looking forward to watching for updates on this--it's one I've been thinking about doing, but didn't commit yet. Nice threads that are in it, so it's bound to look amazing!!Carole wrote:So, as my rotation is stuffed to bursting with projects, I thought it'd be a great idea to add two more SALs![]()
I've signed up for the Stitch Specialists Summer Tree of Stitches 'cause there was no way I was going to resist that. I'm not entirely sure when I'm going to fit it in though.
I've also signed up for the LHN Mystery SAL because my friend Tree tempted me with it. I do love LHN though so it didn't take much persuading. I'm going to reward myself for doing that backstitch by slotting it into week three, instead of picking up another UFO. It's only a three part one so it shouldn't be too hard to keep up.
This is the stash. Such lush threads!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
I love the fabric that you are using for your pixel people. What is it? Sorry if you have already said.
Liz
WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo
UFO
HAED storykeep
2014 finishes
Parent's garden
WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo
UFO
HAED storykeep
2014 finishes
Parent's garden
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
It's Shades of Autumn from SparkliesLizzieh wrote:I love the fabric that you are using for your pixel people. What is it? Sorry if you have already said.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
I still can't decide what quote to put on this. I've got about half a dozen possibles but none seem perfect. I'm getting a slight hankering to reread the book. It's been a few years so I'm about due. I might find something then.
So, for now it'll sit in the 'waiting to be framed/finished' drawer as it's all stitched apart from whatever quote I pick.

I really didn't expect to finish it that quickly. I'm quite chuffed
So, for now it'll sit in the 'waiting to be framed/finished' drawer as it's all stitched apart from whatever quote I pick.

I really didn't expect to finish it that quickly. I'm quite chuffed
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs
I've thoroughly enjoyed catching up with this thread. You are doing such beautiful work. 
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree
Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare