Both #2 son and his wife have their birthday on the same day, so I decided to take the centre motif from July SOTW SAL as a base and use the same design for Peter's but changed the decorative bit on Juleane's to square fillets.
Not quite square either of them and not quite pin point accurate in the cutting but I am pleased with my playing.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
What a wonderful and beautiful card that is! I know they will love it. A really clever idea, stitched perfectly.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Here we are again with a new pic of The Brat aka Tuppence taken outside just 10 min ago the other one taken this morning at his food bowl. Still trying to get him to toilet outside but he is stubborn. He is now 5 mths old and a big cat - no longer a kitten that is for sure.
Then an update of Isabella, getting there with the green outer garment which has caused so many problems. There are 5 greens in this one bit some 1 shade different and symbols for two of them very similar.
I will be sitting Isabella aside for a few days soon as I have 2 important birthday cards to do a hardanger motif for. A step GD will be 21 and my GD will be 18 3 days apart. Keeps me busy.
Thanks for looking.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Tuppence is adorable! Teenagers, human or feline and I assume canine also, are always a handful, aren't they? He is looking great and still growing!
Isabella is beautiful! The green section of the dress looks so lovely. Worth every bit of the difficulty, though why symbols in the same color and the same section have to be similar is beyond me.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Wonderful progress on this beautiful design! It's always a delight to see this one. It does sound like the green area was a challenge but worth it in the end!
Calico
WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED
Wonderful progress on this beautiful design! It's always a delight to see this one. It does sound like the green area was a challenge but worth it in the end!
I totally agree!! What a beauty your Tuppence is growing into!!!
As for Isabella, she is just so very very precious! Great update on the stitching!!!! Your hard work is paying off!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Thanks for the lovely comments everyone. Tuppence spent over an hour outside in the dark last night and loved it, I can see trouble ahead was we have lots of bats possoms etc around here. We have the huge black bats - they have a 3ft wing span and are big and scary but he didn't bat an eye just kept playing.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Here are the 2 cards I have made from Mabel's Happy Hour. and Mabel's SAL
The first one is for step GD's 21st. the motif is from Mabel's Happy Hour 4 some
using Anchor threads from my Grandma's box. The thread for the motif is # 1315 and just maybe a more modern one that I picked up down in Melbourne.
The other is for my GD's 18th later next week and is January's SAL slightly modified.
Threads used are from Grandma's box for the central motifs and everything else is DMC Flower Threads (no longer available I believe). They were a speciality thread, no sheen and more like a #12 perle thread.
Thank you for looking.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262