So I started a full-time MSc in September and wasn't having enough time to make headway on the Starry Night with Tardis Cross-Stitch so I taught myself to crochet from videos on http://www.mooglyblog.com/.
Here are some pictures of my creations.
My first project - an Infinity Scarf
A Hat - (was supposed to be for my brother but it flares out a bit at the bottom so I think it's too girly for him)
A headband to keep my ears warm (I'm not keen on wearing hats!)
A triangle shawl - not quite finished need to put a border around it but the cats like sleeping on it so it might be a while before I get to finish!
Thanks for all the lovely comments
I'm not sure how I did it but the infinity scarf has a twist in it that you can't ever straighten out (like an actual infinity symbol!). I must have twisted it at the first row or something. The second one that I did was just a straight loop but I forgot to take a photo before I gave it away as a Christmas pressie
If you're new to crochet I definitely recommend the video tutorials on mooglyblog especially the infinity scarf (titled "artfully simple infinity scarf") because once you get into the rhythm there's really not much counting and you just stop when you think it's wide enough!
I do have a couple of other projects started but since classes don't start until the 27th I'm putting in some solid hours on Starry Night.
Fun. I've been thinking of doing this, or retrying knitting, but I guess the motivation or whatever just isn't here yet.
Dawn
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy
Lovely projects! I ordered crochet hooks about two months ago with every intention of teaching myself how to crochet but I havent gotten around to it yet (my stitchy bug has taken over) must check out the video tutorials, I looked at a few 'how to's' on blogs but the picture versions are very confusing!
That's funny, I've been doing a lot of crochet too, recently. Mainly bits for charity; squares and hexagons so far.
Now I'm crocheting a shawl for my sister; it's individual motifs and joining them on round 4 as I go. It's going to be ages before I finish it 'cos I think I might be trying to run before I can walk, if you see what I mean.
By the way, your pieces are very good.
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree
Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare