So I started on my to-be Niece's baby blanket! I have very little time to do this, and I'm already freaking out- She's due March 12th and I have a whole three letters done!
Okay so I'm doing the backstitching on C now, but it's more done than not! =(
This is a 4x7 panel afghan, so I'll have 2 empty squares (in opposite corners) to fill with name/birthdate/weight and maybe a flower? I haven't decided what the 2nd empty square should be yet.
So this is what it should look like (the cover of the pattern):
The Letter A:
The Letter B:
The Letter C:
Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
WOW It is gorgeous and you have made a good start on it. Love the 'B' a lovely mix of colours that one. and the 'A' is certainly different. too. Keep it up and hang in there, remember each stitch done is 1 less to do and its a great idea to b/s as you go with this one.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Keep up the good work it will be beautiful back stitch is a necessary evil
Karen
Work in Progress Dress Makers Daughter - Nora Corbett Best of British Street Party - Sandy Littlejohns & Deborah Lester Santa's Sleigh (Christmas Eve Couriers) - Nora Corbett
Wow! Stunning! I hope that you get it done in time. Can't wait to see how it looks when you finish!
WIP:
A Pair of Shoes - Van Gogh (10%)
Completed projects:
Sweet Dreams by Me to You - Tatty Teddy
Emerald Mermaid by Nora Corbett
Hoot Owls - Baby Sleeps Here
Angel Proclamation by Nora Corbett
Mini HAED Rose By Rachel Anderson
Beautiful! This is an afghan that your soon to be niece will be able to cherish all her life. If it's a little late, it will be worth the wait. And it will be at least a few months before your niece will be able to read it.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
That's so pretty!! I can't wait to see the entire alphabet!!
WIPs:
Hillside Travelers by LHN
The Library by LHN
Past, Present, and Future by Disney
Balloon Glow by Dimensions Gold
Little Sheep Virtues by LHN
HAED 12 Dancing Princesses
Grandma Twinkles by Janlynn
That's going to be such a beautiful blanket. If it were me, I'd plan it for her first birthday! You could do something a little smaller for her actual birth, like a birth sampler or something. When you do get it done, it will be cherished!
Wow such an intricate alphabet! Great job so far and I can't wait to see the rest of the letters.
What are you stitching this on? Is that a special fabric? Or did you find a regular blanket suited for cross stitching?
And C is done! Started on D before I realized Dahlia was probably on to something here =( Went through about 100 sampler magazine books to find a baby sampler.
For Nordly:
This afghan is 100% acrylic 4x7 block afghan (28 blocks). each block is roughly 90-100 stitches wide and high, but not exactly 100. The C block is 89 high and the hoop obscures the thread I have going width-wise so I can't count that exactly. I found it at 123Stitch (or click HERE)
Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:09 am, edited 3 times in total.