So, a few months ago I realized that my Mom was the only close female family member that hasn't received something handmade from me (either stitched or knitted). I decided I should rectify that for this Christmas, and I've been looking for an excuse to do a Chatelaine, so I went for it! (It probably won't be done by that deadline, but she'll understand )
I kept going back and forth on what to do for her, and finally settled on Convent's Herb Garden. It is one that I think is pretty, but was also enough in my budget that I could just order the whole kit at once. I was going to have to do installment plans with any of the others I was thinking of!
I've been looking through the posts on Chatelaines, but any advice would be welcome!
Last edited by firekissed on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Finished 2014
Nothing yet
WIP
Beauty and the Beast Fall in Love (Kinkade, SAL)
Disney Afghan (SAL)
The Little Mermaid (Kinkade, SAL)
Convent's Herb Garden (Chatelaine, SAL)
I love that one I can't give any advice but i can't wait to see it being stitched!!
________________
Megan
wip's
Sirens of the Sea
Seeds of Friendship
Mermaids(Country Cottage Kids)
Various smalls and Christmas ornaments
Dessert makes me Happy
CCN Mermaids
Christmas Ornament SAL
Chatelain are all gorgeous and you choose a great one! I can't give you advices as I have not bought any,yet...
I am sure other members will have informations for you, in the meanwhile I can give you the link to their yuku board http://chatelainedesigns.yuku.com/direc ... t-WzxAuI-U" target="_blank
Where there is a lot of knowledge and also this blog that has a lot of properties to look through http://chatelainestitchers.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1" target="_blank
That will be beautiful! I haven't done any Chats and don't expect to because beading is not my thing. But I do love watching them being stitched and am really looking forward to your updates. I hope that you will give us plenty of them!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
First, the kit when it arrived. So many pretty colors! (Two are missing because the were drying after having been washed to test colorfastness. Thanks for the tip ladies!) 001 by pass_away13
And then I've more or less finished the center section. The over-one flowers in the middle need a little bit of black in their centers, but I haven't fished it out of my stitching box yet. 005 by pass_away13
Since it's my first Chatelaine, I'm going to follow the directions and save the embroidery stitches for after I've finished the cross stitches.
Finished 2014
Nothing yet
WIP
Beauty and the Beast Fall in Love (Kinkade, SAL)
Disney Afghan (SAL)
The Little Mermaid (Kinkade, SAL)
Convent's Herb Garden (Chatelaine, SAL)
Lizzieh wrote:Wow love the look of the kit and I think the amount you have stitched is fantastic and beautifully stitiched.
I look forward to watching this grow.
I agree!!! Beautiful start and this is going to be fun to watch progress. Hope we are in for lots of updates!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Here's some more work on this. (And don't worry, I didn't do this much in 3 days...I was just slow to upload those last pictures!)
First, a work in progress and then a finished picture of the upper left piece (which will have yellow flowers). Sorry for the picture quality of the finished one. It was taken at night and the flash always does funny things. 004 by pass_away13