I'm still working on the last section of French knots on my Kinkaide Beauty and the Beast, but they're boring and I needed a break. (And this kit arrived in the mail and was calling my name ).
Here's the pretty kit when it first arrived... 007 by pass_away13
Here's what the final product is supposed to look like ...
And here's my progress on the top left corner (this is a few weeks worth of work): 016 by pass_away13
Hope to be sharing my finished Beauty and the Beast soon!
Finished 2014
Nothing yet
WIP
Beauty and the Beast Fall in Love (Kinkade, SAL)
Disney Afghan (SAL)
The Little Mermaid (Kinkade, SAL)
Convent's Herb Garden (Chatelaine, SAL)
Going to love seeing this one take shape. It's one of my favorites but I don't think I will ever do it myself because there's something about the faces that don't look right to me up really close in most of the kits. I would rather enjoy others' progress, and then go a print for my wall.
Now, if they would turn the Rapunzel one into a kit, I may just have to change my mind...
That's quite a lot of progress in a short length of time, and beautiful stitching, too.
shadyglade wrote:t's one of my favorites but I don't think I will ever do it myself because there's something about the faces that don't look right to me up really close in most of the kits.
I changed the floss colors on their faces, arms, her chest, etc., when I did the smaller Little Mermaid. The colors used on the chart just didn't work for me.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
fccs wrote:That's quite a lot of progress in a short length of time, and beautiful stitching, too.
shadyglade wrote:t's one of my favorites but I don't think I will ever do it myself because there's something about the faces that don't look right to me up really close in most of the kits.
I changed the floss colors on their faces, arms, her chest, etc., when I did the smaller Little Mermaid. The colors used on the chart just didn't work for me.
The speed was helped by the fact that there are quite a few smaller blocks of color in the sky on this one, and a bit less confetti. That means I can pick a color and work with it for awhile rather than just doing one or two stitches!
As for the colors...thanks for the heads up! I don't think it looks so bad in the finished photo from the kit, so I'll just have to see how I feel about it when I get there. I've had to change the skin color on a bunch of the older patterns for my Disney afghan, so I know have a good skin shade in my stash if needed!
Finished 2014
Nothing yet
WIP
Beauty and the Beast Fall in Love (Kinkade, SAL)
Disney Afghan (SAL)
The Little Mermaid (Kinkade, SAL)
Convent's Herb Garden (Chatelaine, SAL)
Also, Debby, did you use a different color from the kit or did you go to your stash? If you used something else from the kit, would you mind sharing what changes you made?
Finished 2014
Nothing yet
WIP
Beauty and the Beast Fall in Love (Kinkade, SAL)
Disney Afghan (SAL)
The Little Mermaid (Kinkade, SAL)
Convent's Herb Garden (Chatelaine, SAL)
firekissed wrote:Also, Debby, did you use a different color from the kit or did you go to your stash? If you used something else from the kit, would you mind sharing what changes you made?
I used colors from my floss stash. I stitched it as the chart said and was unhappy with it (even though I thought the picture on the kit looked fine). I don't remember exactly what numbers I used, but they were from the peachy and beige-y families.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Great start!
Would love to join you as I love this Little Mermaid pattern, but first I need to finish the Cinderella as I promised my husband to not buy the Little Mermaid kit before finishing Cinderella. Have to admit: have already Beauty and the Beast & the Lion King in my stash
Look forward to your updates!