Tree of Happiness

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Mikaa
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 am

Tree of Happiness

Post by Mikaa »

Hi everyone, it's been a while!

I got caught up with life as we often do... I decided to pick up some stitching again finally :dance:

The wolf project I was working on was too grey and dark to be working on with the sun shining through the window, so I've put that away for now. I'm working on a project called the Tree of Happiness by Riolis. It's on 14 ct. aida.

Here's what it will look like when it's finished:
Image

I thought it was very cute and colourful. Also I think the bows, beading and pendants will be some fun as well.

Here's how far I've gotten:
Image

I'm so excited to be stitching again. I've got the bug :whoop:
User avatar
Allyn
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:57 pm
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Contact:

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by Allyn »

I am glad you've got the bug again. :) You've made a lovely start. :)
_________________________________________________________

WIP
Image
User avatar
Oriettait
Posts: 3997
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am
Location: Italy

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by Oriettait »

Great start! :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
User avatar
Ainjel333
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:23 pm
Location: Southern Illinois-USA

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by Ainjel333 »

Great start! :applesauce: The little embellishments look like such fun! Cute pattern!
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by vanessanjf »

That is so pretty. Great start :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: Great start on a pretty design! This will be fun to stitch and I'm glad that your stitchy bug has returned. Looking forward to seeing more updates!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by karen4bells »

Very nice start on an adorable design!! :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
ChicagoMay
Posts: 376
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:16 am
Location: Canada

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by ChicagoMay »

Very cute design! As much as I hate embelishments (like the bows and lock/key) for my own stuff (because I can never get them to go where I want), I really like these ones :P
User avatar
Wen
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:28 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by Wen »

Great design and your stitching is very neat! Happy to hear your bug is back!
WIP:
Lanarte: Green Winged Ara
Dimensions (petites): Chickadees in Spring
HAED: QS Little Tommy Tittlemouse

Finished:
Lanarte: Protective Care Elephant
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by Rose »

That should be very fun!!!!!!!!!!! Great start!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Mikaa
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 am

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by Mikaa »

I just wanted to post a quick update. It's been busy with work so I haven't gotten in nearly as much stitching as I'd like, but I am almost done the trunk :) You can see where some of the beads will go now. I'm excited to move onto some new colours as well.
Image
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by Rose »

Looking good!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
LostinFloss
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:04 pm
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by LostinFloss »

Looks great!! :toast:
**Mel**
Wife, Mommy, Stitcher & Book Addict!

WIP’s:
Sugarloaf & Threadly the Bobbin
Snap Shot Christmas Stocking
Dimensions Owl Birth Record

New to FB looking for friends
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: Great update!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
hms90
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:01 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by hms90 »

So far so good! Looking forward to seeing updates
User avatar
fiddler
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:14 pm
Location: East Yorkshire U K

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by fiddler »

Great update well done :applesauce:
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by Squirrel »

:applesauce: :applesauce: What a happy design this is and you are making good progress too. A lovely update :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
NeedleAndFork
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:05 am

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by NeedleAndFork »

Looks great! And so far the colors on yours are much more appealing than they appear in the photo of the finished item that you posted. They look rather flat there - I imagine it's a photo of a printout? Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by karen4bells »

NeedleAndFork wrote:Looks great! And so far the colors on yours are much more appealing than they appear in the photo of the finished item that you posted. They look rather flat there - I imagine it's a photo of a printout? Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
I agree!!! I love how this looks!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
ucladoc
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:43 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Tree of Happiness

Post by ucladoc »

I love the swirliness! Is that even a word? :)
2014 projects:

Country store: almost done
Walt Disney World's Epcot: just starting
Post Reply