ok..so in between working on the sampler..
ive done a few smaller projects in between:
is the album they are all in..
i made the cell phone charms and earrings using plastic canvas..front and back are the same..sewn together and stuffed!
If you get a comment of a ,I must be holding my http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up 2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Oh, aren't they cute! And what wonderful ideas! I'm sure they will be popular.
Agi
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
no they aren't part of that kit..just a pattern i created and stitched...
as far as i know i'm the only one w/ the idea (on etsy anyway)..so i've been running with it..they have the same piece stitched twice and sewn together..so they are 2d..stuffed too so they are "puffy"
so much fun to do and i can do one pair in a day or two..
If you get a comment of a ,I must be holding my http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up 2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
C_F, that's interesting, I didn't realise you could "stuff" plastic canvas, I thought it would be too rigid; how does it "puff out", is it just sort of rounded in the centre?
Thanks everyone for the info on the earring thingies! (Uhm, what is the official name? Just in case i do want to try eBay...)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
You have some brilliant idea's.
I wondered how you make a badge (pin) out of cross stitch? What do you put on the back?
The little cell phone charm (pink) is adorable.
I can imagine you'll sell all this really quickly!
There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE!
Current With Faith
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats
T-bear I have only done a couple pins and what I do is put a piece of felt on the back usually with hot glue and then I hot glue the pin to the felt. Similar to a fridge magnet.
Mabel what I have always seen them they are just called earrings for the hanging type and earring posts for the stud type.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
exactly what Rose said..glue felt on the back..i sew the pin back on though first.then glue the felt on the back..
the cell phone charms and earrings..you basically sew all the way around until it is almost closed..i stuff cotton in with a chopstick then sew the last few stitches to close..knot the thread and stuff it inside...
the jump ring goes in top then the earring finding goes onto the ring..
they are so fun to make.im making more for me.i'm working on a coffee bean and a coffee mug set..have to make them small enough though..lol
If you get a comment of a ,I must be holding my http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up 2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
We had an American teacher here who asked her visiting brother to bring a bag of candy corn. She put one in her mouth, then spit it out, and said: 'Oh, my tooth!' It was so funny - the kids fell in!
Agi
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
Awwh they're all so cute! I bet there's room in high street stores for phone charms like that. Bet it would be quite popular And the Mario and Luigi pins!!! How awesome!!
Current - Wren Current Games :Final Fantasy XIII: :The Sims 2: My Blog! Jelu's Cove Updated: 3Mar10