Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Carole »

Brekkana wrote:
Carole wrote:That's coming on well :) :applesauce:

I've had a reply from Sandra Trubin, the artist, and she has give permission for me to stitch Colourful Cat 4. She also linked me to her website that has all the colourful stuff on it and the paintings on there are amazing. There are some beauties on there that would be perfect for stitching so I'm linking to it so you can all see.

Too Much Color
Wow she has a lot! Will you private link me her email so I might get a belated permission as well? I should have asked earlier, my fault for not doing so.
I don't have her email. I messaged her on her FaceBook page, which you can find easily by searching :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Daily picture:

Image
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by karen4bells »

Great update!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Oriettait
Posts: 3997
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am
Location: Italy

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Oriettait »

it's coming along great! :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Great progress!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Didn't get as much done today, Fridays are too busy at work to stitch much ... but here is my daily pic :)

Image
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
Lulu22
Posts: 2307
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Lulu22 »

Super designs and update love all the colours of the cat too looking forward to seeing them both come to life :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by vanessanjf »

Great work :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
millymolly
Posts: 2703
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 4:06 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by millymolly »

Great progress :applesauce:
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Nightly update:

Image

Tomorrow is my oldest's 14th birthday, so I might not get a chance to stitch, we will see lol.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Brekkana »

I did get to stitch today, here is my daily pic:

Image

Good night :)
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Nightly pic ... let me just say, 3843 & 995 are very hard to visually differentiate when stitching ... I feel cross-eyed ... and I still have more to go!

Image

So I turned off my flash, and laid a different color against it (my green stylus lol) ... still hard to tell which stitch is which ...

Image

Hoping to get some of the ear stitched in tomorrow ... night, folks!
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by tiffstitch »

It will be nice to have a change from all that blue.. wow!
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Squirrel »

It is looking really great and you must be getting close to a change of background colour too which will be nice. It will be great to see the ear emerge from the background colours. A lovely update :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Brekkana »

We have an ear tip! Unfortunately, I don't have two of the colors and neither do my craft stores ... Michael's said I can check Friday after their next shipment is delivered ... back to the blue for now ...

Image
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Lovely progress!! And how much fun to see an ear developing. I'm sure its frustrating to not have the colors you need and I hope Michael's comes through for you. If it is anything like the Michael's in my area you might discover that you will need to check with some other craft stores in your area, since I haven't found them to be the most reliable when it comes to their keeping cross stitch supplies in stock. If you don't have a Hobby Lobby or Joanne's or something similar, your best option might be on line. Then again, you may be luckier than many of us. Let us know how that turns out. It would be a shame to have to a long time to get to stitch that beautiful ear!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Brekkana »

It is raining outside, with a chance for snow after midnight. However, by Friday it will be warm again ... have to love Texas weather!

Two updates tonight, this first picture is having completed 3843 on the current page I am stitching:

Image

This next picture is where I am stopping tonight, filling in 995:

Image

Had a good slow day at work, which allowed me to cross stitch to my heart's content. If I see snow in the morning, I will post a picture :) Good night, friends. Stitch happy and well :)
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: fantastic progress on this!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


MartaAre
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by MartaAre »

Good progress!
User avatar
stitchingmae
Posts: 3253
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:34 pm
Location: USA~Georgia

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by stitchingmae »

You are a very fast stitcher!
Post Reply