99 Bottles

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Pengwenn
Posts: 2037
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:28 pm
Location: Arizona

99 Bottles

Post by Pengwenn »

I started this project back in September thinking I could get it done as a Christmas gift for my roommate. If it was the only thing I stitch I could have gotten it done, but I worked on other things. I figure I'll give it to me for his Birthday in June. It's called 99 Bottles and it's 99 different brands of beer. I've been finding and giving him some of the bottles with instructions to clean them out when he's done but don't get rid of them. He doesn't know why and we'll see how many of them he's had before I finish this and give it to him. I'm doing it on 16ct hand dyed Aida, 2x1 full, but I can't remember the color (shale or something).

Here's what it looks like when done:
Image

Here's what I've done so far:
Image
current project rotation:
Twilight Balloon Flight
The Accolade
Faces of Faery 89
Dad's Flower Pot
MartaAre
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by MartaAre »

Gorgeous! He will like it for sure! It's a very big present!
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by fccs »

You've done a lot! It looks great.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Looking great!! What a nice present!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


speart
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:50 am
Location: MN

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by speart »

That looks like a very fun project!! Thanks for the intel on a new pattern.
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by Squirrel »

What a fun project and you are making good progress getting 1/3rd of the way done. Keep it up and it will soon be done. :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
adellar
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 1:15 pm

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by adellar »

Great stitching. Great design and a fantastic idea about getting him to drink as many as he can!
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by Brekkana »

This is so interesting, it brought to mind that one show where they featured this guy who had saved cans and bottles from all kinds of beers ... he had a whole garage/shed full ... I love it!
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
19Roland19
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by 19Roland19 »

Pengwenn wrote:I started this project back in September thinking I could get it done as a Christmas gift for my roommate.

It's OK. This might just be a rumour, but I heard there's going to be another Christmas this year. :wink:

~~~~

I love this picture. I immediately thought of my brother. He would have loved it.
Image
User avatar
stitchingmae
Posts: 3253
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:34 pm
Location: USA~Georgia

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by stitchingmae »

Looks great!!
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by vanessanjf »

Brilliant project. He is going to love it :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by Rose »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Congrats on all that you have gotten done!!!!!!!!!! :whoop:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Skittles
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:17 pm
Location: Munich

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by Skittles »

I love this one. It's looking great :applesauce: :applesauce:
WIP
HAED Mini World Travel Bookshelf

On Hold
HAED One, HAED A New Day

Kitted up and ready to go
HAED Bloom, HAED Mini Umbrella Sky
User avatar
Lulu22
Posts: 2307
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 am

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by Lulu22 »

Love it :wub: Looks great :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Looks great!! This is going to be a wonderful gift!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by Carole »

What a lovely gift, and what fun trying all the beers on there :P
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
mouselady
Posts: 436
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: New York

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by mouselady »

That looks like such a fun pattern to be stitching, and as a beer drinker, I know he is going to love the gift!!

Great job. Can't wait to see this finished.
Desiree

WIP:
Lobo - HAED
Faces of Joan Elliot SAL
Friendly Felines

2016 Finishes:
Joan Elliot Birth Announcement
Flower of the Month - July
12 Days of Christmas
User avatar
calico
Posts: 2585
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:59 am
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by calico »

Wonderful progress on this fun design! :applesauce:
Calico

WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED

My Blog
My Flickr
My YouTube Channel
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by lavenderbee »

Oh, that is just great. Won't your room mate have a lovely surprise when you hand it to him? Great work so far. Look forward to next update, cheers :roll: :lol: (Sorry couldn't resist that one!) :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: 99 Bottles

Post by tiffstitch »

Great work so far! I hope you can make your June goal, it sounds as though you should have plenty of time since you managed all of that and stitched other things too. I always like seeing this one stitched up.
Post Reply