Marta's Projects

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
millymolly
Posts: 2703
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 4:06 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by millymolly »

:applesauce: nice start
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
MartaAre
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by MartaAre »

Small update! This is the Royal Paris's kit. I'm still doing the upper left corner and i love it! I'm addicted to it!

I've tried to use the parking method (or what I've learned about it) but... it's not for me.I need to check the colour everytime I chance (I've always doubts about which is the right colour and if I've misplaced it by error) and the parking threads annoying me. I prefer working on small areas using the grid as reference.

Image
User avatar
NeedleAndFork
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:05 am

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by NeedleAndFork »

MartaAre wrote:Small update! This is the Royal Paris's kit. I'm still doing the upper left corner and i love it! I'm addicted to it!

I've tried to use the parking method (or what I've learned about it) but... it's not for me.I need to check the colour everytime I chance (I've always doubts about which is the right colour and if I've misplaced it by error) and the parking threads annoying me. I prefer working on small areas using the grid as reference.

Image

That's looking great! As for parking vs cross country.. do which ever you feel most comfortable with. I use both methods. I find that when I stitch on a pattern like what you're doing right now, with chunks of single color, and especially on a smaller count (I consider anything below 22 to be small count) it's easier to do cross country. WHen it comes to 25 count and up, I park, because those gaps for other stitches are so small that it's hard to bring the needle up cleanly from the back when filling them in. Also, when working in a really high confetti area (15+ colors in a single 10x10 grid) it's easier for me to keep track with parking. Sometimes I'll combine the methods - parking for a bit to fill in the confetti like bits in an area and then working with single lengths of colors that are used in large swathes to fill in the spaces. It's all a matter of finding a technique that works for you.

Also.. I'm lusting after that japanese pattern so badly. I grew up in Thailand, and while it's far from the same style of art, I've always loved various styles of asian art. I think I may have to do one like that sometime.
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
MartaAre
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by MartaAre »

Thanks for the answer. Maybe I'll find the parking method more useful with my Mistic Stitch kit. It is so big and so easy to make mistakes!

I love Thailand and its culture. We spent a month just wandering about and I fall in love. I''d like to go there again with my husband and my little girl.. the asian kits are special, they've something magical!

P.S.: I've seen your blog... I really like it!
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Lovely update! One of the wonderful things about cross stitching is that stitching the way that works for you is one of the only rules. That is one reason why it is so much fun for me. I am so glad to hear that you are loving this project because I think it is beautiful and am going to enjoy your progress a lot! Looking forward to your next update!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
MartaAre
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by MartaAre »

:oops: Thanks Carole!
User avatar
BizzieLizzie
Posts: 2029
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: Vale of Glamorgan, Wales

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by BizzieLizzie »

Gorgeous work! I'm sorry you're not able to stitch at the moment, but tomorrow is another day and you'll soon be able to crack on with it. :ratherbe: :D
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by Rose »

Love how the pattern is developing!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
MartaAre
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by MartaAre »

Image

A little update on my bib. I don't like it so much but... that's it!
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by Rose »

Oh but he is so cute!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by vanessanjf »

Great work :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: He is really adorable and you are doing a fine job!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by fccs »

I think the bib is very cute and you're doing a great job. It'll be done before you know it.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
MartaAre
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by MartaAre »

Thanks for the kind words!

This is a little update on the main project. I've stitch a bit more yesterday evening. I'll post more pictures tomorrow!

Image
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by lavenderbee »

All your projects are beautifully stitched. The quilt it really beautiful & the bib ir unusual. Love all your kits & the giraffe is coming along nicely. Look forward to next update :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Lovely progress! The colors are so rich and warm. Looks great!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by Carole »

That looks great :) :applesauce:
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
millymolly
Posts: 2703
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 4:06 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by millymolly »

Lovely progress :applesauce:
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I've got spots before my eyes :-)! but very pretty spots - great work on the giraffe
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
MartaAre
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Marta's Projects

Post by MartaAre »

Thank you. You are so kind and you motivate me so much!
I'm not a great stitcher but since I know you I'm trying to improve my skills (and my english!!)

A little update.

Image
Post Reply