Please feel free to join in on our SAL
Moderators: rcperryls , Rose , karen4bells , Serinde
Tia
Posts: 641 Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am
Location: West Virginia
Post
by Tia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:11 am
I created a chart of the Doctor's name in Gallifreyan. Here's what it will look it...
Doctors Name sample by
twiggins975 , on Flickr
And here's what I've stitched so far...
Cross Stitching 001 by
twiggins975 , on Flickr
I'm using 3 strands and half stitches on 18 ct.
Rose
Posts: 34043 Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA
Post
by Rose » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:14 am
Okay????????
Not sure what that is but it looks pretty interesting!!!!!!! Great start!!!!!!
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Tia
Posts: 641 Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am
Location: West Virginia
Post
by Tia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:19 am
Stitchinkitty wrote: I love it.
Thanks!
Tia
Posts: 641 Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am
Location: West Virginia
Post
by Tia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:20 am
Rose wrote: Okay????????
Not sure what that is but it looks pretty interesting!!!!!!! Great start!!!!!!
Thanks
From the Doctor Who TV show, it's the Doctor's name in his native language which uses circles for their alphabet.
wendywombat
Posts: 13546 Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders
Post
by wendywombat » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:11 am
Multi-lingual stitching takes on a new challenge!
Well...it's very pretty, so enjoy!!!
rcperryls
Posts: 32992 Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA
Post
by rcperryls » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:05 pm
wendywombat wrote: Multi-lingual stitching takes on a new challenge!
Well...it's very pretty, so enjoy!!!
A very clever and very pretty design!!!!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Rose
Posts: 34043 Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA
Post
by Rose » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:35 pm
I thought maybe it was a Dr Who reference but as I am not a Sci-Fi person I could not be sure. Will enjoy watching your progress!!!!!!!
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Tia
Posts: 641 Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am
Location: West Virginia
Post
by Tia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:52 pm
wendywombat wrote: Multi-lingual stitching takes on a new challenge!
Well...it's very pretty, so enjoy!!!
Thanks, I'm having fun with it.
Tia
Posts: 641 Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am
Location: West Virginia
Post
by Tia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:53 pm
A very clever and very pretty design!!!!
Carole
Thank you
Allyn
Posts: 2224 Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:57 pm
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Contact:
Post
by Allyn » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:14 pm
I'm a fellow Whovian and I think that's awesome!
_________________________________________________________
WIP
Tia
Posts: 641 Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am
Location: West Virginia
Post
by Tia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:25 pm
Allyn wrote: I'm a fellow Whovian and I think that's awesome!
Thanks
Kathy_A
Posts: 162 Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:57 pm
Location: NW Chicago Suburbs
Post
by Kathy_A » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:28 pm
Another long-time Whovian here (high-fives all other DW fans!), and I have to say that that is a really unusual piece and just gorgeous! I can't wait to see how it turns out. (I cross-stitched the sign on the front of the TARDIS for my sister's knitted throw--that's the only DW-related work I've done [so far!].)
Tia
Posts: 641 Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am
Location: West Virginia
Post
by Tia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Kathy_A wrote: Another long-time Whovian here (high-fives all other DW fans!), and I have to say that that is a really unusual piece and just gorgeous! I can't wait to see how it turns out. (I cross-stitched the sign on the front of the TARDIS for my sister's knitted throw--that's the only DW-related work I've done [so far!].)
Thanks, I can't wait to see it finished either! I tell you, that dark blue cloth is hard on the eyes. I had to purchase a lighted magnifying head visor to work on it.
fccs
Posts: 9697 Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Post
by fccs » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:13 pm
Allyn wrote: I'm a fellow Whovian and I think that's awesome!
Same here!
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Squirrel
Posts: 16821 Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Post
by Squirrel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:22 pm
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
karen4bells
Posts: 21816 Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida
Post
by karen4bells » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:38 am
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025 Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:
Post
by tiffstitch » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:49 am
Very cool idea and excellent start!
Tia
Posts: 641 Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am
Location: West Virginia
Post
by Tia » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:07 am
Thanks all! I've been making good progress on it tonight.
19Roland19
Posts: 488 Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:29 pm
Post
by 19Roland19 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:25 am
That is wonderful. Did you use a program to chart it?