As for poor, mistreated Tuppence...how said to be kicked outside into such a boring yard.
Squirrel's 2015/16 stitching Angel News 17/12/16
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/2/15 1/2 way
It's going to be beautiful and I love the verse you chose.
As for poor, mistreated Tuppence...how said to be kicked outside into such a boring yard.
(I'd love to be sent outside in such a pretty yard...just me and my stitching and Tuppence.)
As for poor, mistreated Tuppence...how said to be kicked outside into such a boring yard.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/2/15 1/2 way
I'm glad the back stitch wasn't mad, and what teeny little stitches! I hope this start works for you, it's lovely fabric and a great choice for the verse.
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/2/15 1/2 way
Another amazing choice of design, this is stunning and I am looking forward to seeing your progress!
As for Tuppy, he is just a naughty boy and should maybe choose better time to play!
As for Tuppy, he is just a naughty boy and should maybe choose better time to play!
Katie 
Finished!:
Palomino by Ross Originals
Lorikeets by Fiona Jude
Two Cockatoos by Fiona Jude
Halloween Carousel Horse by Donna Kooler
WIP: Barn Owl by Ross Originals
Finished!:
Palomino by Ross Originals
Lorikeets by Fiona Jude
Two Cockatoos by Fiona Jude
Halloween Carousel Horse by Donna Kooler
WIP: Barn Owl by Ross Originals
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/2/15 1/2 way
I love those Owls!!! Well done.
I like the Oriental Pavilion....but I Really Really Love that Fabric..

I like the Oriental Pavilion....but I Really Really Love that Fabric..
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/2/15 1/2 way
oh this is going to be soooo pretty!!

--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints

HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/2/15 1/2 way
Well here is the first update. After about 5 tries at different ways to stitch it I have decided on 1 over 1 on the 28ct Lugana evenweave.
Mad I know. This is a pic of 21 rows by 40 stitches wide. Sorry it is a bit blurred but the best I can do at present.

Thanks for lookiing.
Mad I know. This is a pic of 21 rows by 40 stitches wide. Sorry it is a bit blurred but the best I can do at present.

Thanks for lookiing.
Last edited by Squirrel on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
A lovely start, well done. It will be great seeing the picture unfold in the updates.
It will be brilliant once it is completed & I am sure a picture that will be treasured. 
lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
- vanessanjf
- Posts: 12944
- Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
- Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
Great start

Vanessa
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
Great start!! It's going to be just lovely!!!
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
You can get a lot of detail using that method. I will look fantastic! 
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
It looks smashing. Great start

Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
Love it already!!
Hope you get some relaxing time to stitch soon
Hope you get some relaxing time to stitch soon
Katie 
Finished!:
Palomino by Ross Originals
Lorikeets by Fiona Jude
Two Cockatoos by Fiona Jude
Halloween Carousel Horse by Donna Kooler
WIP: Barn Owl by Ross Originals
Finished!:
Palomino by Ross Originals
Lorikeets by Fiona Jude
Two Cockatoos by Fiona Jude
Halloween Carousel Horse by Donna Kooler
WIP: Barn Owl by Ross Originals
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
Not mad at all.
Lovely progress! 
_________________________________________________________
WIP

WIP
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
This came in the post about 3 days ago and I wasted no time in putting it to use. It is an LED light/magnifier which clips onto the table top nicely. Sadly it will be too heavy for my floor stand me thinks.

You can sort of see my progress on the Pavilion too - the green ends about 5 rows short of the halfway mark on pg 1.

You can sort of see my progress on the Pavilion too - the green ends about 5 rows short of the halfway mark on pg 1.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
Nice light!! I've got an LED magnifier light...but it's on a stand. It also can be used on a tabletop by removing one of the extension tubes, but I haven't tried that. It makes such a difference to evening/low light stitching.
Enjoy!!!
Enjoy!!!
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
Doing well with stitching. Glad the light came. Look forward to more updates 
lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
Was wondering how you were going to see such delicate stitching, and now I know. 
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
These are such wonderful lights!!!!!!! 
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's 2015 Stitching. Update 28/3/15
Another update for you. The dark colour is 2 rows short of the half page, I didn't want to start another long thread and besides it was lunch time and I was hungry. There are still gaps to be filled in but should be easier to find now that I have the 3799 all done within the tree.

Thanks for looking

Thanks for looking
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262