Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Sep 23, 2016)
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Dec 14)
Great finish very pretty
A lovely new start on a beautiful project can't wait to see more 
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34220
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Dec 14)
Lovely finish on a lovely saying - and you've picked rather a spectacular new project, haven't you - wow!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Dec 14)
What a lovely gift you have made for your MIL. She will be delighted with this I am sure. You have made a good start on the little mermaid & look forward to next update. I saw that on a craft website a couple of weeks ago & wondered how it would look when completed. Looks like I am going to find out

lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Dec 14)
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Dec 14)
Thank you everyone! I have to get photos of the framing I did for Christmas gifts (in the hubbub I forgot to take pics) and will post those when I get to them. My mom, aunt, and the MIL were tickled with their presents. And yes, everyone was singing "All You Need Is Love" over Christmas!
Poor Little Mermaid. I took it off my q-snap and re-measured, counted, etc. And realized to my horror that my initial counting had been way off and I'd started at least two inches farther down than I should have.
I spent New Year's Day with the
and started again yesterday. I'm just grateful that I realized my mistake before I was too far along. Oh well, a lesson learned! Here it is as of now, 290 stitches in:

Saturday I grew tired of the floss card that came with the kit, and didn't want to deal with 70-ish floss bags, so I spent a few hours with scissors, tape, bobbins, and Cary Grant and came up with this:

Left side is the pearl filament, my scissors, and an extra needle minder. Each of the three rows of bobbins are sorted according to the card, with their chart symbol taped onto the bobbin. To the right are tweeding colors, a few extra needles, my ripper, and a needle threader. Not shown: my thread heaven. On the outside of the lid is a small picture of the finished design.
I now understand why people kit their larger designs (HAEDs etc.) this way. So much easier to find the thread I'm looking for! I've already ordered the mega pack of 1,000 bobbins from Amazon, as well as several bobbin boxes of varying sizes.
Happy New Year everyone!
(Edited to fix photo. D'oh.)
Poor Little Mermaid. I took it off my q-snap and re-measured, counted, etc. And realized to my horror that my initial counting had been way off and I'd started at least two inches farther down than I should have.

Saturday I grew tired of the floss card that came with the kit, and didn't want to deal with 70-ish floss bags, so I spent a few hours with scissors, tape, bobbins, and Cary Grant and came up with this:

Left side is the pearl filament, my scissors, and an extra needle minder. Each of the three rows of bobbins are sorted according to the card, with their chart symbol taped onto the bobbin. To the right are tweeding colors, a few extra needles, my ripper, and a needle threader. Not shown: my thread heaven. On the outside of the lid is a small picture of the finished design.
I now understand why people kit their larger designs (HAEDs etc.) this way. So much easier to find the thread I'm looking for! I've already ordered the mega pack of 1,000 bobbins from Amazon, as well as several bobbin boxes of varying sizes.
Happy New Year everyone!
(Edited to fix photo. D'oh.)
-
stitchhappy18
- Posts: 406
- Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:54 pm
- Location: California
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)
Sorry you had a visit from the dreaded
. Your progress looks wonderful. Can't wait to see this one come to life.
Lisa
Current WIPS:
PSS 12 Days of Christmas
FPS Trick or Treat
Mary Hickmott - Barn Owl
Fleur de Lys Tree
FPS National Parks
2016 Finishes
Filigree Heart
Damask Square
Wash & Pray
Finch
Needleworker
Spooked!
Current WIPS:
PSS 12 Days of Christmas
FPS Trick or Treat
Mary Hickmott - Barn Owl
Fleur de Lys Tree
FPS National Parks
2016 Finishes
Filigree Heart
Damask Square
Wash & Pray
Finch
Needleworker
Spooked!
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)
Well done on getting your things organised.

lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)
Definitely time for a frog fry!!! I will be more than glad to donate the
that have been visiting me!
Great restart on your mermaid.
I'm so glad you discovered your error before you had stitched a lot more of the chart. Looking forward to watching this progress.
Carole

Great restart on your mermaid.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)
It's good you weren't too far into the design before you caught it, though!
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)
WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)
You've made a great second start on this one, and I really like how you've reorganized things.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
- AlwaysGoofy
- Posts: 1266
- Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:04 pm
- Location: North of Seattle, Washington, USA
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)
I'm so sorry to hear about your visit from Mr.
. With that being said, I'm glad you were able to discover your miscount before you had gotten much further. I am really, really, really looking forward to watching this one stitch up. It's a beautiful design.
You've done a spectacular job of organizing your stitching supplies. I'm currently in the middle of reorganizing my office/craft room. I'm happy with things so far, but have a long ways to go.
You've done a spectacular job of organizing your stitching supplies. I'm currently in the middle of reorganizing my office/craft room. I'm happy with things so far, but have a long ways to go.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)
Do let me know when the
fryup is planned for, he visited me too yesterday when doing the SAL.
Josie a lovely update and your restart is a beautiful one.

Josie a lovely update and your restart is a beautiful one.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)
Good re-start and nice organization!
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)
Closing in on two weeks of work with the Mermaid. I'm taking my time, and this time around the parking technique has been a godsend.
When I made working copies I split the large pages (they're about 11" x 17" I think) in two. Last night I completed the first row, and I'm about halfway through the next row. By row I mean the grids on the pattern - hopefully that makes sense to y'all!
Anyways, here where I am tonight:

When I made working copies I split the large pages (they're about 11" x 17" I think) in two. Last night I completed the first row, and I'm about halfway through the next row. By row I mean the grids on the pattern - hopefully that makes sense to y'all!
Anyways, here where I am tonight:

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 14, 2016)
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- AlwaysGoofy
- Posts: 1266
- Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:04 pm
- Location: North of Seattle, Washington, USA
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 14, 2016)
You're making nice progress on this one. It's so much fun to watch a piece grow.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 14, 2016)
So lovely colours!
- AlwaysGoofy
- Posts: 1266
- Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:04 pm
- Location: North of Seattle, Washington, USA
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 14, 2016)
Nice progress on this piece. I love the colors. I can't wait to see more updates.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 14, 2016)
*blows off dust* Hi y'all!
So, um, it's been a while. Heh. What have I been up to, you ask? Well: My youngest started Kindergarten, my middle is now in 7th grade, my oldest is taking French and Spanish in his 8th/9th grade homeschool courses, my hubby is still a grump, and I'm still ordered around by cats all day.
Since May, my stitching has slacked off quite a bit. Insert all the reasons for that here... Blah blah blah I know you all understand.
Anyhoo, I have a few new starts, and some updates. For the first 15 days of May, I participated in Stitch MAY-Nia on Facebook - because everyone needs MORE WIPs, right??? - and it was a blast. Since then, my stitchy bug went AWOL for a while but it's now back. Some new starts:


Woof! & Meow! by Lizzie Kate. Stitching on 28ct Evenweave

Thanksgiving Penguins - Designed by Eileen Gurak, from Dec 2015 Just Cross Stitch - Also on 28ct Evenweave

Footprints by Bucilla. As much as I hate backstitching, I've loved seeing the words appear. This is going to be a Christmas gift for my kids' Sunday Schoool teacher. (Provided I can finish it in time...)

Angel of the Morning by Lavender & Lace - Stitching on 32ct Antique White Jobelan.
I. Love. Her!! I had never stitched on jobelan before and ohhh it's so nice!!
And finally, Little Mermaid progress:

Yes, I've moved all around. And yes, I counted fifty times before making the first stitch at the bottom. What can I say... I was sick of blue. lol:
Miss you all! I'll be back soon.
So, um, it's been a while. Heh. What have I been up to, you ask? Well: My youngest started Kindergarten, my middle is now in 7th grade, my oldest is taking French and Spanish in his 8th/9th grade homeschool courses, my hubby is still a grump, and I'm still ordered around by cats all day.
Since May, my stitching has slacked off quite a bit. Insert all the reasons for that here... Blah blah blah I know you all understand.
Anyhoo, I have a few new starts, and some updates. For the first 15 days of May, I participated in Stitch MAY-Nia on Facebook - because everyone needs MORE WIPs, right??? - and it was a blast. Since then, my stitchy bug went AWOL for a while but it's now back. Some new starts:


Woof! & Meow! by Lizzie Kate. Stitching on 28ct Evenweave

Thanksgiving Penguins - Designed by Eileen Gurak, from Dec 2015 Just Cross Stitch - Also on 28ct Evenweave

Footprints by Bucilla. As much as I hate backstitching, I've loved seeing the words appear. This is going to be a Christmas gift for my kids' Sunday Schoool teacher. (Provided I can finish it in time...)

Angel of the Morning by Lavender & Lace - Stitching on 32ct Antique White Jobelan.
I. Love. Her!! I had never stitched on jobelan before and ohhh it's so nice!!
And finally, Little Mermaid progress:

Yes, I've moved all around. And yes, I counted fifty times before making the first stitch at the bottom. What can I say... I was sick of blue. lol:
Miss you all! I'll be back soon.
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Sep 23, 2016)
What an awesome array of designs and stitching, you certainly have been busy since your stitchy bug returned.
those penguins ( or pingwings as one of my boys used to call them) they are gorgeous.
Great to see someone else stitching Angel of the Morning too - hope you are not tired of blue 'cause there is a lot of it to come as well as the purples.
Great to have you back and with such a wonderful array of beautiful stitching.

Great to see someone else stitching Angel of the Morning too - hope you are not tired of blue 'cause there is a lot of it to come as well as the purples.
Great to have you back and with such a wonderful array of beautiful stitching.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262