I've wanted to do a ship of the line pattern for a few years but have been unable to find anything that appeals to me from the usual pattern sources and art that was out of copyright wasn't doing it for me either. Most graciously, the marine artist Geoff Hunt just replied to my request for permission to make a pattern of "The Ionian Mission".
Normally a SAL starts off with a picture of some stitches, perhaps even a full page of work. But since I am making my own pattern I'm going to start now and include any interested parties from the very beginning. I hope that everyone will feel free to give me your advice and criticism anywhere you feel it might help me.
You can see a photo of the art at the link above, it is plenty large which enabled me to crop the image and scale it down to a manageable size. It also looked a bit blue to me so I warmed it up and added just a touch of brightness and got the following (1 pixel = 1 stitch):

I've been working on a pattern and have a few options to choose from. The image below shows six 340x384 pattern mockups fresh from the tool output and without any manual clean up. The center image labeled "art" is the source image used to generate the patterns. Please post below which of the 6 patterns you think look the best or perhaps your top three picks in order, etc.

If the image above won't display well for you then click here to be taken to the photo where you should be able to expand it to full size and scroll side to side as needed.
Update - the key to the mock ups shown above is as follows:
A - Blend Threads DMC
B - Pattern Maker DMC
C - Blend Threads DMC + Anchor blues
D - Blend Threads Anchor
E - Pattern Maker Anchor
F - Blend Threads DMC + Anchor



