Jessieh
Carole's 2015 & 2016 WIPs
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 13th March
Really enjoying your work! I too am a kitty parent, as I have my 7 year old Siamese mix "Bug" to "help" with my stitching as well. Thanks for sharing with us!
Jessieh
Jessieh
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 13th March
I've done three more squares on Sweetness of Life.

It's stitching up quite quickly so I'm anticipating a finish fairly soon

It's stitching up quite quickly so I'm anticipating a finish fairly soon
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 20th March
Carole this is beautiful, simple yet very appealing. Very nicely stitched too. Look forward to the next update on this, well done

lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 20th March
Simple perfection.
it 
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 20th March
wendywombat wrote:Simple perfection.![]()
it
I quite agree. It is gorgeous.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 20th March
Agree.lavenderbee wrote:Carole this is beautiful, simple yet very appealing. Very nicely stitched too. Look forward to the next update on this, well done![]()
![]()
![]()
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 20th March
Absolutely agree!!fccs wrote:Agree.lavenderbee wrote:Carole this is beautiful, simple yet very appealing. Very nicely stitched too. Look forward to the next update on this, well done![]()
![]()
![]()
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 20th March
Very very pretty!!! Great stitching! 
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 20th March
Really, really lovely! Looking forward to your next update.
Desiree
WIP:
Lobo - HAED
Faces of Joan Elliot SAL
Friendly Felines
2016 Finishes:
Joan Elliot Birth Announcement
Flower of the Month - July
12 Days of Christmas
WIP:
Lobo - HAED
Faces of Joan Elliot SAL
Friendly Felines
2016 Finishes:
Joan Elliot Birth Announcement
Flower of the Month - July
12 Days of Christmas
- vanessanjf
- Posts: 12944
- Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
- Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 20th March
Great work

Vanessa
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
- AlwaysGoofy
- Posts: 1266
- Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:04 pm
- Location: North of Seattle, Washington, USA
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 20th March
This is definitely stitching up quite quickly. I love the simplicity of the pattern. 
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 20th March
Very cute and pretty!
Looking forward to more updates!
Looking forward to more updates!
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 20th March
I really like that one. Gorgeous!
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 20th March
I have a new start, to replace Rose Boudoir in my rotation. I really should have put Precious Dreams back in but I felt the need for something with bright colours, and this has lots of those.
It's called A whole lotta latte and is a kit by Dimensions. It's been in my stash for a while and it sort of leapt out at me when I was rummaging through my kits and charts.

I'm not keen on stitching on Aida, which is what's supplied with the kit so I've subbed black Jobelan. It's my first time stitching on black and I'm finding it a bit challenging. I'm stitching with a sheet of white paper on my lap, with a nice bright torch aimed at the paper to reflect back up through the holes. It works fairly well apart from not being able to keep the torch still. It keeps rolling about if I move so I need to figure out how to keep it still. Apart from that it's not going too badly and it's lovely using the bright colours.
As soon as I've stitched a bit more, I'll post an update.
It's called A whole lotta latte and is a kit by Dimensions. It's been in my stash for a while and it sort of leapt out at me when I was rummaging through my kits and charts.

I'm not keen on stitching on Aida, which is what's supplied with the kit so I've subbed black Jobelan. It's my first time stitching on black and I'm finding it a bit challenging. I'm stitching with a sheet of white paper on my lap, with a nice bright torch aimed at the paper to reflect back up through the holes. It works fairly well apart from not being able to keep the torch still. It keeps rolling about if I move so I need to figure out how to keep it still. Apart from that it's not going too badly and it's lovely using the bright colours.
As soon as I've stitched a bit more, I'll post an update.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 27th March
What a fun design and amazing mix of colours - no wonder you were keen to stitch it Carole. Looking forward to see your progress. 
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
- charmagne_capalad
- Posts: 6704
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:09 am
- Location: Quezon City PHILIPPINES
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 27th March
A gorgeous progress update on the Sweetness of Life!
And your new project will be equally gorgeous with all its bright colors! 
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 27th March
I agree completely!!!Squirrel wrote:What a fun design and amazing mix of colours - no wonder you were keen to stitch it Carole. Looking forward to see your progress.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- AlwaysGoofy
- Posts: 1266
- Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:04 pm
- Location: North of Seattle, Washington, USA
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 27th March
The colors on this piece will be gorgeous when you're finished. I know your struggle with stitching on black fabric. I would be hard pressed to stitch on black again. I really struggled with it. I'm looking forward to your updates.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 27th March
This is going to look amazing!!! Working on dark fabric really does my eyes in, so I really don't envy you that at all!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Re: Carole's WIPs - UPDATE 27th March
I've done a bit more on Douceur de vivre and have now finished all the squares.

Just the border left to do

Just the border left to do
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
