So pleased that we were remembered when you needed someone to show your TW sampler!!
Where has everyone gone?
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Where has everyone gone?
Welcome back!
So pleased that we were remembered when you needed someone to show your TW sampler!!
So pleased that we were remembered when you needed someone to show your TW sampler!!
Re: Where has everyone gone?
I was so happy to see your post on your TW Sampler that I looked at it first and it looks beautiful!! So happy to see you again. New crafts and cat caring can get in the way of stitching for sure! Mine thinks that sitting on my chest rather than my lap is much more fun and it is tricky stitching that way. Hope you will stay around for a good long while. You have been missed.
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Where has everyone gone?
i drop to read comments from time to time. fb , life in general and moving have all played a part of not posting and dropping in.
will have to try a bit harder to post more often
will have to try a bit harder to post more often
Re: Where has everyone gone?
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Where has everyone gone?
It's wonderful to hear from you! Although what pesky old FB has that we don't, well, mumble mumble mumble... 
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Where has everyone gone?
Have been getting myself entangled in trying to put together a do-able and affordable goldwork workshop for beginners
Beginning to get there! But that accounts for not being around much 
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Where has everyone gone?
I'm still here but got myself locked out as I hadn't visited for so long. I am like Mags who posted last year and have also been dealing with family bereavement which does tend to crush the creative side a little. 
http://www.amandas-designs.blogspot.com" target="_blank
Re: Where has everyone gone?
Glad you are back!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Where has everyone gone?
I'm sorry for your loss Amanda 
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Where has everyone gone?
Thank you for your kind words. My dad had dementia and many health problems but it was still a big loss when he passed away four weeks ago, even though we had expected it for the past few months
I think the build-up to the event was just as traumatic as the end, as we had spent a long time waiting for "that phone call".
I have to confess to using stitching as a therapy and have found it very calming and helpful with the grief process. Long live stitching!
I have to confess to using stitching as a therapy and have found it very calming and helpful with the grief process. Long live stitching!
http://www.amandas-designs.blogspot.com" target="_blank
Re: Where has everyone gone?
Amanda G wrote:I have to confess to using stitching as a therapy and have found it very calming and helpful with the grief process. Long live stitching!
I agree totally!
Hélène
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Where has everyone gone?
Sending
and love your way Amanda. It has been a difficult time and it is great that you have been able to find some respite and help with stitching away. It is very calming that repetitive movement.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
-
mysterystitcher
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:13 pm
- Location: Finland
- Contact:
Re: Where has everyone gone?
Best: MysteryStitcher
My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com
My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com
My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
- Podolyanka
- Posts: 1706
- Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:30 pm
- Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Re: Where has everyone gone?
My sincere condolences, Amanda.
Re: Where has everyone gone?
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
-
mysterystitcher
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:13 pm
- Location: Finland
- Contact:
Re: Where has everyone gone?
I'm still here, but I've been doing spinning with my wheel a lot recently, now that the weather has been this favorable, warm and dry.
OK, my red currant bushes do not like this heat, but my wheel and I do like it a lot. I have been able to spin 1 pink fiber completely! In the future the yarn will become a part of a scarf.
I've stitched some too, but because the thing is a surprise, I can't show it.
OK, my red currant bushes do not like this heat, but my wheel and I do like it a lot. I have been able to spin 1 pink fiber completely! In the future the yarn will become a part of a scarf.
I've stitched some too, but because the thing is a surprise, I can't show it.
Best: MysteryStitcher
My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com
My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com
My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
- vanessanjf
- Posts: 12944
- Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
- Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Re: Where has everyone gone?
Great to see you back mystery stitcher!!
I too am back. Not sure if anyone noticed but I haven’t been here for a little while. I have still been stitching lots though. I hope to be around more often now
I too am back. Not sure if anyone noticed but I haven’t been here for a little while. I have still been stitching lots though. I hope to be around more often now
Vanessa
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
-
mysterystitcher
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:13 pm
- Location: Finland
- Contact:
Re: Where has everyone gone?
I am glad to see you too, Vanessa. I hope you enjoy your stitching. I enjoy mine pretty much.
Best: MysteryStitcher
My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com
My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com
My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com