Sina's stitches 2019

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
sina28
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: South-West of Germany

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sina28 »

Thank you all so much :wub: :wave:
I'm hoping to get lots more stitching done today as I'm waiting for a new kit I simply need to start as soon as it arrives. My aim was to finish at least all of the cross stitching on the porch though, so it's kind of a race against time now :D
Sina
User avatar
kingfisher2
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by kingfisher2 »

lovely starts, really love the porch one, may have to do it myself sometime as very pretty.
Izzi

If you believe you can you will
User avatar
sina28
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: South-West of Germany

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sina28 »

Thank you Izzi, I can only recommend Paula's designs, they are so pretty but really challenging which is what I like. :wave:
Sina
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by rcperryls »

Beautiful stitching. I might have told you this before, but I love Paula Vaughn designs and made an afghan with her designs. I don't have a photo but my daughter has the afghan so I will try and get a picture. I had one of the books with her garden designs,(but I gave it away or else I would add you to the list of members I have promised to send things to but am the world's great procrastinator :oops: )

Looking forward to your updates!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
sina28
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: South-West of Germany

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sina28 »

Thank you Carole, I have a few of her books and leaflets myself as I do love most of her designs.
I'd love to see a picture of your afghan someday but no hurries!
Sina
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by fccs »

I have a book of 12 Paula Vaughn charts and I am so far successful in telling myself not to start one until I get other things done. It helps that I can't decide which one to do first. Her designs are so beautiful, and you're doing a fantastic job!!

And the bunnies - I'm in love!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
sina28
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: South-West of Germany

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sina28 »

Thank you Debby!
Any chance it might be the one with the 12 seasonal quilts?
I have that one as well and I agree, totally beautiful designs included in there.
Sina
User avatar
sapphire
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:58 pm
Location: middle of N.Wales

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sapphire »

So lovely Sina. Looked up Paula Vaughan's charts & they are beautiful. Have to hold my hand up & say I have ordered Summers Remembered chart. it is gorgeous. Bought it from Etsy. Managed to buy cheapest advertised for sale, there was only 1 left by that seller so had to decide whether or not to get it. Others were twice as dear 'cos of dearer postage which is fair enough.

Left the chart for a while but went back & looked again. I do so like it & it is completely different to what I normally stitch. The cheaper one was still there so have just bought it. If I left it until tomorrow to decide whether to buy or not may have l lost it.

Her booklets are on Amazon but I didn't really want to buy a book. Oh, just thought, could have asked local library to buy one or two - they are allowed to buy a certain amount of books a year & they are always glad to help. You get more diversity of subjects that way. Not sure if that type of chart booklet would be classed as something they would be allowed purchase but I will store her name away & enquire later at local library.

Thank you for sharing Sina, it is always good to find x-stitch designers you've not heard of before. I also like Aunt Verdi's porch but decided I preferred the Summers Remembered one. Hard to chose as she has so many beautiful designs.
Maddie :)
User avatar
poppy
Posts: 2145
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Surrey

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by poppy »

Beautiful stitching, Sina! So fine and intricate.
The bunnies are so cute :D Looking forward to your next update...
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
User avatar
Podolyanka
Posts: 1706
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:30 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by Podolyanka »

All the projects are beautiful and so neatly stitched.
Lyudmila
User avatar
sina28
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: South-West of Germany

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sina28 »

Hi Maddie, how nice is it that you have found a new designer to love and get addicted to! I do have that Summers Remembered leaflet and plan on doing the second chart with the quilt hanging on the fence someday.
I think these designs are great to work out if you like her patterns or not, as not too big but definitely nice and detailed as well!
Please give me a heads up when you start stitching your pattern, I'm looking forward to seeing it being stitched.

Thanks Hélène and Lyudmila :wave: :wub:
Sina
User avatar
sina28
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: South-West of Germany

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sina28 »

Woohoo, I finished all the regular stitches!
Now to stitch the enormous amount of backstitches, chain stitches and French knots. :whoop:

Image
Sina
User avatar
Nicola Main
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:10 pm
Location: Carnoustie, Scotland

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by Nicola Main »

Wow Sina it looks amazing! Well done you! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Eat, Sleep, Stitch, Repeat ...
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by rcperryls »

Nicola Main wrote:Wow Sina it looks amazing! Well done you! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
I agree totally and can't wait to see how the detail pops when you get through the back stitching!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :wub: Absolutely beautiful!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
poppy
Posts: 2145
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Surrey

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by poppy »

It is looking pretty amazing already, Sina. Looking forward to seeing more definition! :whoop:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
User avatar
Garnet
Posts: 1432
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm
Location: North East Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by Garnet »

Ooooh, it's fabulous, when the backstitch goes on it will really pop.

Well done Sina.

:applesauce: :applesauce:
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

That quilt will really come to life with the backstitch, it'll be a very rewarding process!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
sina28
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: South-West of Germany

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sina28 »

Thank you so much everyone! :dance:

I finished all the backstitching on the right side of the picture. :whoop:

Image
Sina
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by Squirrel »

WOW th back stitching sure does make this gorgeous picture zing. I love it and you have stitched it so very beautifully too. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Post Reply