2019 Stash & Grab

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Post Reply
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Serinde »

Just finished editing a tricky chapter plus bibliography. Only 8 more tricky chapters (and longer) to go... :shock:

And ES is now safely back in his flat, having finally had stitches to stop his leaking tonsillectomy site. Sometimes, the old ways are best... :neutral: :doh:

I think the sun is over the yardarm... :toast:
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by rcperryls »

:toast: I know you are so relieved! Glad he is better and home now.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Good news about the editing and even better news about the offspring!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by wendywombat »

Excellent news about E S :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce:
As for the editing.....I guess you can now concentrate on that without your thoughts wandering to E S!! :wink:
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Serinde »

True enough, WW.

The editing is evolving into more ghost writing than editing, though, which makes me uneasy. Not to mention that he's not getting the service from his publisher he should be able to expect. In fact, I wonder exactly what his editor is getting paid from since I'm doing all the work that should have been done in-house in the old days. GRRR. And, of course, the academic is paying for this, not the publisher... wrong wrong wrong.

:coffee: I need more :coffee:
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by wendywombat »

:thinks: Hmm what a dilemma! :coffee: with a drop of something restorative needed here! :wink:
Someone needs to get their 'contract' examined! (not you, I mean!!)
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Too may things are not done by the people who ought to do them, I feel! And unfortunately that leaves the people who ought not to have to do them to pick up the pieces...

On a slightly different subject, in one of the Fiber Talk podcasts Gary (who is an editor) and Christine (who isn't but cares about language) were discussing an email that had been sent to her in which a university-educated person informed her that "the date has not been decisioned yet". Brrrrr.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Serinde »

Well, I don’t know what to say about THAT. :roll: @rotfl: @rotfl:
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Serinde »

It’s Friday night. Whew! :toast: I have spent a very long time on Another Book this week, DH’s had the flu (but is now feeling better), but ES is now safely recuperating at his flat. I suddenly realized today that the Book is going to be a huge project because I’m not really editing it. I’m being an academic ghost writer. Since the author is more than happy (and has secured the serious funds it is likely to cost), I can relax a bit. Happy Friday, y’all!
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Good news all around, especially in the Restored Health department! Now just make sure that you don't dwindle into ghost-hood being a ghost writer - look after yourself properly!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Serinde »

Frankly, I could do with a bit of dwindling... but never fear! In fact, to day I'm off (in the one snowstorm of the winter, naturally) to Glasgow to the craft show. Haven't been for several years, so I'm hoping to see it with fresh eyes and perhaps return with weaving yarns (my main interest for this trip). :x:
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Serinde »

*BING BONG*

That padded door (which has a handle on BOTH sides) has been set up temporarily for all UK citizens and residents in need of a padded cell in which to, um, let off steam. Point of view immaterial. Europeans welcome. Cool drinks are then available behind the bar from the management.

*BING BONG*
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by wendywombat »

Thank you for providing this facility!!

I'm just popping in to have a :tantrum: and smash some of those old mismatched chipped plates.
I might be a while!!

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :computer: :computer: :computer: :computer: :liontamper: :liontamper: :liontamper: :liontamper:
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Serinde »

*continues to carry in containers of mixed and chipped crockery* :anotherfrog:
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Oh dear Wendy, that sounds serious. Have a nice thrash here, and drinkies and nibbles (or hot choch and marshmallows, or whatever) afterwards!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by wendywombat »

Ahhh! That feels better! :D Nothing like having a Smashing Time to relieve the Tension. :lol:

Thanks to Serinde for providing that facility.

Spent the rest of the evening sitting on the decking of the Tree House sipping a Single Malt with Serinde watching the sun go down and listening to the Owls.
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Serinde »

And lovely it was, too. :D Anyone can join us... I suspect we'll be back this evening, although I'll make sure there are several more tartan lap rugs to keep everyone snug.

Meanwhile, I've replenished the stock of mis-matched crockery.
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by wendywombat »

Can I have the Fraser Tartan rug? By all accounts they were a fearsome lot who didn't stand for any nonsense! :lol:
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Serinde »

Of course you can... I'm sure there's one here *rummages in tea chest*
Post Reply