2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
- cristaltipps
- Posts: 813
- Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:58 am
- Location: West Midlands UK
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
I totally sympathise Richard I had staples after my second c section and am afraid to say it never healed very well at all, when i was due my 3rd i told the doctor if he didn't stitch me up i would hit him when i came round, bless him he not only did a lovely job of it he cut away some of the rough edges left by the previous incompetent fool, shame he couldn't have trimmed an extra 6 inches of tummy away at the same time lol Anyway do as you are told and make sure you are fully recovered before trying to lift anything heavier than a cuppa it is so easy to feel well but still not be healed inside, my aunt had to have hers done 3 times before she listened to the doctors! xx
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Thankee kindly.
Made me smile. It is interesting how sociable lions can be. I remember seeing a video on YouTube about one lion that was brought up in someone's flat in London, the it was released in Kenya. 6 years later the old owner went to see the lion, hoping for a glimpse of him and his pride. What actually happened was the lion bounded up and was ecstatic, so friendly that even the wild lionesses got head rubs and ear scratches from the old owner. Amazing and inspiring. And what was more remarkable was the lion's body language, we see exactly the same with our domestic moggies.
I saw something really weird on TV last night, about a bear that took part in the fighting at Monte Casino during WW2. The name of the bear sounded like "Voychek":
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_(bear)
Regards,
Richard.
Made me smile. It is interesting how sociable lions can be. I remember seeing a video on YouTube about one lion that was brought up in someone's flat in London, the it was released in Kenya. 6 years later the old owner went to see the lion, hoping for a glimpse of him and his pride. What actually happened was the lion bounded up and was ecstatic, so friendly that even the wild lionesses got head rubs and ear scratches from the old owner. Amazing and inspiring. And what was more remarkable was the lion's body language, we see exactly the same with our domestic moggies.
I saw something really weird on TV last night, about a bear that took part in the fighting at Monte Casino during WW2. The name of the bear sounded like "Voychek":
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_(bear)
Regards,
Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
The wonders of the natural world never cease to amaze do they? Remember Elsa the Lioness?
I notice that the anaethetic hasn't reduced your inquiring and creative mind! Internet and stitching will keep your mind active whilst your body heals!

I notice that the anaethetic hasn't reduced your inquiring and creative mind! Internet and stitching will keep your mind active whilst your body heals!
Your Feline Friends are taking good care of you I see!richardandtracy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:56 am![]()
Anyway, had a fleabag (Squeaky) on my legs for most of that time, another (Rooster) under the leg support, and number 3 (Ozzie) was pressed up against the front door, where he could see me and all bedroom doors. He wasn't going to let any of us escape without getting fed first!
Regards
Richard.
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
A nice milestone today. First day without pain killers during the day. Will need some tonight, but the daytime discomfort was similar to the original hernia. So bearable, though not hugely appreciated.
Not been able to stitch much today, but have done several hundred stitches in the last few days. This has been a great advance on what I have been able to manage prior to the operation.
Regards,
Richard.
Not been able to stitch much today, but have done several hundred stitches in the last few days. This has been a great advance on what I have been able to manage prior to the operation.
Regards,
Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Glad to hear that your recovery is progressing and that you can manage during the day without the pain killers. Also glad that you will use them at night so you can sleep. I do believe what our family doctor used to say that sleep is the best medicine (of course they didn't have all the meds we have now so it may or may not still apply) because that is when the body heals itself. Keep us updated.
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
There may be some really fancy meds around. But I haven't seen any of them.
The dressing I have for the wound is fancy, shower proof, but breathable, put on & remove 5 days later, no sticking to the wound either. As for the rest, I have 'patient origin drugs' (paracetamol and ibuprofen) only. No antibiotics given, and so far none needed
Regards,
Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Glad to hear your are feeling better - here's to a full recovery!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
I'll second that!! Good to see you posting too!!Mabel Figworthy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:54 am Glad to hear your are feeling better - here's to a full recovery!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
And a third! No antibiotics is excellent, too, by the way. 
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
......and from me! don't overdo things though 
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
and another from me!
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- vanessanjf
- Posts: 12944
- Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
- Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Glad your feeling a bit better. Hopefully it won’t be too long before you will feel like stitching for longer again 
Vanessa
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Can we turn up the aircon please? I am wilting here
The humidity is about 65% but it's not raining!
We are experiencing temperatures of 30+++ and higher temps forecast
I am not happy when it gets so hot and humid here, headachy and fretful
I've raided the cool cabinet in the S&G for the iced elderflower cordial and sorbet so can that be replenished please?
Grumble over!
We are experiencing temperatures of 30+++ and higher temps forecast
I've raided the cool cabinet in the S&G for the iced elderflower cordial and sorbet so can that be replenished please?
Grumble over!
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Consider it done, WW. We are awaiting hot weather... allegedly next week, but one naturally assumes with the Beeb that 'the North' means Manchester... so it'll probably rain here. Do drop in! 
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Tummy has flared up just as I am about to leave for London for a three-day goldwork class at the RSN 
I'm now on double medication to try and get me through it without mishaps...
I'm now on double medication to try and get me through it without mishaps...
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
The extra concentration needed may be enough to put the tummy discomfort on hold. My daughter has the same problems and finds when she concentrates on her silver jewellery work the symptoms ease
Good luck
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
If sending lots of wishes for feeling better the next 3 days will help, you will feel better because I'm sending bunches of wishes at warp speed so your tummy won't interfere with your class!
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
<scream>
I have had my stomach clips removed.
I cannot imagine a more barbaric method of torture masquerading as a medical technique.
<scream>
It took 45 minutes to remove them. One at a time. Eight of them. It's very hot today, but the pain of this mediaeval torture meant that my sweat saturated both my shirt and the undersheet on the top of the nurses table, and left me shaking with reaction for 20 minutes after the torture had completed. Had tears pouring down my face because I couldn't stop them. It was considerably more painful than a motorcycle accident that put me in A&E and gave me concussion.
To remove the clip, which is the shape of a paper staple only bigger, the clip had to be pulled so the tiny gap in the middle came free of the skin, and the other side dug it's way through the wound. Then the clip was pushed back into the skin to release the other side while hoping the very sharp first side didn't cut its way back into the skin. Which it did almost every attempt. No effort was made to bend the clip, no effort was made to cut the clip and no pain killers were offered.
If a pair of wire cutters and two pairs of pliars were available it would have been virtually pain free and over in 20 seconds per clip.
I was treated worse than our cat. When he had a clip put in a wound, the vet removed it with a special opening and bending tool the did the whole job in 5 seconds and didn't result in the vet being harmed by the cat. If Rooster had one fiftieth of the pain I had, the vet would have been shredded, and he wasn't. That shows it is possible for clips not to be torture when removed. Why does the NHS insist on using mediaeval methods when THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE?
Absolutely barbaric.
I HURT. LOTS.
Regards
Richard.
I have had my stomach clips removed.
I cannot imagine a more barbaric method of torture masquerading as a medical technique.
<scream>
It took 45 minutes to remove them. One at a time. Eight of them. It's very hot today, but the pain of this mediaeval torture meant that my sweat saturated both my shirt and the undersheet on the top of the nurses table, and left me shaking with reaction for 20 minutes after the torture had completed. Had tears pouring down my face because I couldn't stop them. It was considerably more painful than a motorcycle accident that put me in A&E and gave me concussion.
To remove the clip, which is the shape of a paper staple only bigger, the clip had to be pulled so the tiny gap in the middle came free of the skin, and the other side dug it's way through the wound. Then the clip was pushed back into the skin to release the other side while hoping the very sharp first side didn't cut its way back into the skin. Which it did almost every attempt. No effort was made to bend the clip, no effort was made to cut the clip and no pain killers were offered.
If a pair of wire cutters and two pairs of pliars were available it would have been virtually pain free and over in 20 seconds per clip.
I was treated worse than our cat. When he had a clip put in a wound, the vet removed it with a special opening and bending tool the did the whole job in 5 seconds and didn't result in the vet being harmed by the cat. If Rooster had one fiftieth of the pain I had, the vet would have been shredded, and he wasn't. That shows it is possible for clips not to be torture when removed. Why does the NHS insist on using mediaeval methods when THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE?
Absolutely barbaric.
I HURT. LOTS.
Regards
Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
I have just looked up the method that should be used, and found the use of the tool I was given to give to the nurse is the one used in the first video here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+ ... e&ie=UTF-8
The method shown in the video is the method I suggested the nurse use, but she didn't.
So I went through all that pain because the nurse used the wrong extraction method.
I am furious.
Regards,
Richard.
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+ ... e&ie=UTF-8
The method shown in the video is the method I suggested the nurse use, but she didn't.
So I went through all that pain because the nurse used the wrong extraction method.
I am furious.
Regards,
Richard.
Seriously under the paw.