2019 Stash & Grab
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Here I am with a
, having done most of my fatigues today (but not all), and it's dark and, well, I'm here and not changing beds.
The next fortnight are going to be, eh, pretty busy... 4 birthdays and Thanksgiving. Every weekend taken until 10 December.
I think I'm girding my loins. 
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
You definitely need some preparation and sustenance for all that - we'll have your favourite tipple & nibble behind the bar whenever you find a moment to nip in!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Do not go out with loins un-girded as it seems that you will be pretty well occupied and maybe a little distracted with all those festivities and preparations going on!
Depending on the time of day when you are able to take a little relaxation in the S&G the appropriate libation will be waiting.
Depending on the time of day when you are able to take a little relaxation in the S&G the appropriate libation will be waiting.
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Cheers!

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Glad you are following the perfect suggestions on managing through these busy busy times. I checked our supplies and we are ready for the holiday rush since I expect we are going to be pretty busy here through Jan 1. I am available to help with decorations as my schedule is pretty flexible.
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Ok. So. I'm online trying to suss out the difference between Timtex, Pellon Peltex and Skirtex as interlining for various boxes. I wandered into Lakeside Needlecraft to see if they did anything like that, and I needed another DMC 842 anyway, and I've come away with another box to build. How did that happen?

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Funny how often things fall into shopping carts
Lakeside needlecraft has replaced the late lamented sewandso as my go to shop now.
On a side note the S&G decorations are particularly lovely this year and the Tree in the corner smells just wonderful, is a Balsalm Fir?
The roaring fire is heavenly in this cold spell, warm and toasty in here.
Lakeside needlecraft has replaced the late lamented sewandso as my go to shop now.
On a side note the S&G decorations are particularly lovely this year and the Tree in the corner smells just wonderful, is a Balsalm Fir?
The roaring fire is heavenly in this cold spell, warm and toasty in here.
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Did you see those little Gingerbread men hanging on the tree? Who put those there? Really gingery and warming!
There's a
outside the window! Thank goodness for that log fire to keep out the cold! 
There's a
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Must say, I'm rather proud of that snowman.
Our own little micro-climate at the Stash & Grab means that we can have lovely snow falling outside and a log fire inside without compromising the health and wellbeing of our unicorns and camels. Wonderful place, the S & G.
Every day there should be something new to find. Sometimes several things, depending on how many folk are in enjoying the eggnog.
Every day there should be something new to find. Sometimes several things, depending on how many folk are in enjoying the eggnog.
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Yes! There's a
I did see the Unicorns having a look in the window, and I could have sworn I saw the Penguins waddling around the snow field, but that might have been too much eggnog!
The Gingerbread men (people?) are yummy.
I did see the Unicorns having a look in the window, and I could have sworn I saw the Penguins waddling around the snow field, but that might have been too much eggnog!
The Gingerbread men (people?) are yummy.
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
The candy canes hanging from the tree also gives it a bit more Christmasy color and I love the reflection of the lights on them.
As to things just falling into the carts when no one is looking, just more proof that cross stitch stash has a mind of its own and knows when it is needed by a stitcher. And is especially active at this time of year.
Carole

As to things just falling into the carts when no one is looking, just more proof that cross stitch stash has a mind of its own and knows when it is needed by a stitcher. And is especially active at this time of year.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
I've brought back some St Nicholas goodies from my trip to the Netherlands - speculaas (spiced biscuits with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves etc), chocolate letters (the traditional St Nick present), taaitaai (chewy spiced biscuits) and roomfondant (a concoction made from sugar and cream boiled together and poured into small disc moulds, flavoured with vanilla, coffee or cocoa). There's plenty for everyone, and the S&G versions are of course calorie-free!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Yummy Yummy YummyMabel Figworthy wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am I've brought back some St Nicholas goodies from my trip to the Netherlands - speculaas (spiced biscuits with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves etc), chocolate letters (the traditional St Nick present), taaitaai (chewy spiced biscuits) and roomfondant (a concoction made from sugar and cream boiled together and poured into small disc moulds, flavoured with vanilla, coffee or cocoa). There's plenty for everyone, and the S&G versions are of course calorie-free!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Oh YUM!
Thank You so much Mabel.
Speculaas for me please with a nice hot chocolate, actually that was so yummy, could I have another please, after all they are calorie free
Speculaas for me please with a nice hot chocolate, actually that was so yummy, could I have another please, after all they are calorie free
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
I’m glad I live in Scotland. My new MP is a cracker (with 51.1% of vote). I’m having a
. Also had a wonderful Jolly with pals today where we avoided (mostly) politics. It’s Friday night, and I’m up early again tomorrow for weaver’s Christmas party. All go in the West of Scotland!
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
That hub of riotous living
- enjoy your jollies of various kinds!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Serinde wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:45 pm I’m glad I live in Scotland. My new MP is a cracker (with 51.1% of vote). I’m having a. Also had a wonderful Jolly with pals today where we avoided (mostly) politics. It’s Friday night, and I’m up early again tomorrow for weaver’s Christmas party. All go in the West of Scotland!
We watched Scotland turn yellow with delight!!
Have fun at the Weavers Party!

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
I decided to come in and have a mini celebration of my own as I realised I now have over 1000 posts
cheers everone!
A huge thank you to all who keep our lovely forum safe and up and running.
A huge thank you to all who keep our lovely forum safe and up and running.
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Count me in ! I think over 1000 posts is definitely worth a celebration! I'm looking forward to your next 1000, including your beautiful updates!
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker