2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by wendywombat »

I'm adding More :hug: :hug: :hug: too!
So good to have a Dr who you can have confidence in and who gives you a clear explanation of the procedure.
We shall all be thinking of you and I'm sending up Healing Vibes to Right Now! :hug: :hug:
User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Steam.Jo »

That sounds like as good a news as you could have got from the doctor and better still they will remove as soon as Friday and you can go home the same day :applesauce:

We are looking forward to hear it is all over and you are back stitching, and no doubt Rosey will feel it is her duty to look after you. :grouphug:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Good to hear that the doctors you are seeing are so helpful and good, that your family are around you, and that the news sounds really positive! And that you have such a wonderful comfort place to escape to :D Wishing you continuing peace of mind throughout the process :hug:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by richardandtracy »

I am sure Rosey will sense you need to be looked after. Cats know these things, and while not as demonstrative as a dog, they do what they can.

Regards,

Richard
Seriously under the paw.
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Serinde »

Can I add my best wishes that all goes to plan and is sorted out quickly and with minimal fuss. :hug: Trusting -- and liking! -- your doctor is an excellent place to start. And with Rosey adding extra compression, what would actually go wrong?? :D As Garnet indicated, all will be ready for you in St Cross Stitchers, and Dr Tiny Cat has alerted the staff that Matron Rosey is in charge.
Roland
Posts: 1477
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Roland »

richardandtracy wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:26 am Just a silly.

I woke up this morning to an excruciating pain in my right eye. Ozzie had run across our heads at 5:30 this morning. And in doing so he'd dug a front claw into the outer corner of my upper eyelid. It's now bruising a fair bit and is slightly painful. Evil toe-rag. However, we know it wasn't deliberate, he hasn't a malicious bone in his body. But he could accidentally do some major damage if he keeps this behaviour up. Going to have to think what to do about it.

Regards,

Richard.
I was able to stop that habit quickly. I was in a sound sleep when Midnight Skye jumped onto my pillow. I jumped and she darted out terrified. I felt bad, but she is now much more careful jumping on to my bed.
Roland
Posts: 1477
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Roland »

Carol, sorry you are going through this, but glad to hear it’s stage one.

Sending you quick healing vibes. My happy place is watching Dr. Who and stitching.
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by rcperryls »

It was long day yesterday, but I'm home and doing very well. No surprises that we know of though it will take 5-7 days for the pathology report to confirm the surgeon's belief that she was able to remove all the cancer and that the lymph nodes she removed looked good (whatever a good lymph node looks like). I'm in minimal pain and though she prescribed a stronger pain medication if needed, basically an alternating combination of acetaminophen and ibuprofen should be enough. i didn't take anything after we got home but did take the prescription medicine at bedtime.
And Rosey was very accommodating and provided extra compression but no kneading or stepping on my right side. Of course, she is aware that something is different and accordingly believes that her favorite treats should be given more often. If I say no, she goes to my sister and looks pathetic and gives her the whine that says she is in desperate need.

Friends and family are awesome and it is actually humbling to know how many have shown care and compassion. I know there will probably be some harder times but I am so grateful right now. Your thoughts and prayers were heard, and I truly appreciate that.

With all my love
Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by wendywombat »

First part over :dance:
I shall continue to send healing and friendly vibes and I hope that the next few days pass quickly and comfortably.
:hug: :hug:
Oh yes, and a :hug: for Rosey too :wub:
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Good news! Yes, there may be challenges ahead but knowing how loved you are I hope helps keep your spirits up :hug:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Steam.Jo »

Well done Carol that is over, all bar the healing :applesauce: I assume the surgeon suggested you don't do too much exercise with your right arm for a couple of days to allow the area around the Lymph nodes to recover (= no cat lifting with that arm :roll: ).

In the UK we know acetaminophen as paracetamol. When I had my previous (Major) surgery I was prescribed up to twice the standard dose of both paracetamol and ibuprofen each day for pain. It seems these standard household medicines are much more effective than we give them credit for and to think some people seem to pop them like sweeties :doh:

As you probably know if you think about your body healing itself it will respond and do what what you ask of it. We are looking forward to hearing more of your good news :D

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
User avatar
Garnet
Posts: 1432
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm
Location: North East Wales, United Kingdom

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Garnet »

Well Done Carole, yesterday must have been so stressful and scary for you, I was thinking of you yesterday and sending prayers and positive thoughts your way, I'm so glad to read you are doing so well in this early stage and sending positive thoughts and prayers :pray: for the outcome of the pathology report too.

Miss Rosey is a wise feline indeed and maybe just a little minx-y knowing who will give her the most treats, bless her not doing any biscuits. :kitty:

I hope your recuperation is nice and steady and the pain relief continues to well, relieve.

You are right, it is such a humbling thing to know one is cared for and when it is shown in person it is very precious indeed.

The big comfy bed with extra pillows is still available as well as the squishy comfy armchair overlooking the Loch.

Dr. Tiny Cat will be doing the rounds shortly.

Gentle :hug: on your left side.
User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by richardandtracy »

Good to hear part 1 went so well Carole. I hope it continues this way. Do relax and rest as much as you need.

Thinking of you and sending the best wishes possible.

So glad your helper is being looked after so well too.

Regards,

Richard
Seriously under the paw.
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Serinde »

So glad that you have the surgery behind you and all the news is good. Long may that continue.
Roland
Posts: 1477
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Roland »

Glad the surgery went well with no surprises.

Sending healing thoughts.
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by fccs »

I’m glad step 1 went well, and we’re all here for you.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by rcperryls »

Thought I'd give you all an update on my surgery. I have had almost no pain at all. Soreness taken care of by acetaminophen and ibuprofen . The worst place is sort of under my arm where she removed 3 lymph nodes for pathology. In general the pathologist report shows that she removed all the cancer cells from my breast and the margins (tissue around the cluster of cancer cells that are removed )was cancer free. Of the 3 lymph nodes one showed a encapsulated cancer cell. The others were free. So I will be getting some radiation (I meet with the radiologist on Tuesday) which I was already expecting to happen. Post op visit with the surgeon on Wednesday and Feb 13 with the oncologist who will review my options and decide on whether or not I need chemo and if so what type. I will, of course, do what I need to do since, as my step-mother used to say when approaching a new birthday, the alternative is not acceptable :doh: .

I have to thank Dr Tiny Cat and all the staff here. It's the first time I've needed to use this extraordinary facility. I am sure one of the reasons I have had such a amazing recuperation is due in great part to the care I received here. Rosey also enjoyed working with Dr Tiny Cat and appreciated the fact that cross stitch members are astute enough to realize that listening to feline instructions is always the best road to recovery. And getting back to normal life, where we see to their needs as required.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Thanks for the update Carole, it sounds like they got to it in good time and were able to do what was needed! Hope the radiation (and possible chemo) therapy will go well, with no side effects. Rosey, I know, will give you the best care possible!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Steam.Jo »

Thank you for the update Carole,

So good news the cancer is out and not so good that one cancerous cell had migrated to the lymph node. The Lymph nodes job is prevent anything local from going round our greater :oops: body. But one cell is not a lot, and they have caught it early so everything is still in your favour.

We are keeping you in our thoughts :grouphug: and I may have said this before but thinking about what the the problem is and imagining your body fighting it has surprisingly been shown to effective (in comparison with other what seem to be quack ideas).

Best wishes

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
User avatar
Garnet
Posts: 1432
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm
Location: North East Wales, United Kingdom

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Garnet »

Thank you for the update Carole.

So it's mostly good news and one not so good news in the one Lymph node, here's hoping the radiation and possibly chemo if needed are successful, and :x: for no nasty side effects.

I hope, in the next few days you will give yourself a treat of some kind, whether it's your favourite meal, cake or a tipple of choice (medication allowing if course) I hope you treat yourself, after all you have been through, you deserve to do or have something nice as a reward for dealing with it all so far.

St. Crossstitchers is always open and ready with anything you need, you will find your bed has been stripped and remade, the extra comfy pillows are waiting for you and the refreshment trolley will be round shortly.
Post Reply