A couple of hints for anyone else tackling this piece:
The Poppy geese is done in single strand and the thread card's holes are too small to be able to easily pull out a thread so I have been using two additional thread holders:
That horrible looking green thingy came from China for about £3. Initially I thought it was not nice but on this piece I have been keeping separate needles with the remains of each colour on them as I go along and actually I like using it however horrible it looks.
The kit comes with a huge needle: Don't use it, it is too thick and hard work to find the holes in the linen so I have been using John James size 28 needles. In the UK there is a Lady selling 100 JJ needles at a time which are ideal for this.
I have stitched this using one of my older corner clamping Lowery stands to hold a 30" rolling frame without additional support. My later side clamping Lowery stand would not be strong enough to support this rolling frame.
And of course you wish to see the finished piece:
That is not a good picture due to the translucent linen so I will have to take it off the frame and photograph it in natural light with something white behind it. I will even show you the back
Time to take it off the frame then I can mount up the Marjolein Bastin Flowers/Butterfly one on this rolling frame
Jo