2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
I can see why!
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
I can see why too!
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
This is a kind of pre-emptive stash acquisition: there's a sale on at Paper and String. While they don't carry the full colour line, because they are only interested in matching their felt colours, all DMC threads are 76p. All the other types of DMC threads can be found on the site if you follow Crafty/Needlecrafts. The site itself is well worth a look around -- I often find things in my basket here... and the current sale is on fabric and all sorts of stuff!
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Nope...not tempted!
Reason?? I don't have DMC floss only Anchor.
Well that's my excuse.
Reason?? I don't have DMC floss only Anchor.
Well that's my excuse.
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
I recently bought patterns to crochet these two little guys. The bison is because (1) I like them and (2) there's a bison ranch up the highway just across the border into Wyoming and I'd always see them when I was driving up to my kids' house. The coo is because (1) I like them and (2) I like them. 
bison

coo

(I probably shouldn't have shown what they're supposed to look like because odds are mine will NOT look like these.)
bison

coo

(I probably shouldn't have shown what they're supposed to look like because odds are mine will NOT look like these.)
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
These are great fun!
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
They are both adorable, enjoy making them!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
I'm a Bad Girl, a very Bad girl..... I have made it to July and this time I have no excuses. I saw a Heaven and Earth kit on Fleabay for Nadia Strelkina's Seasons

and I
hit the buy it now button. I need to do some housework as penance
Jo

and I
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
that would have been a very hard one to pass by. I have way too many H&D designs that I couldn't pass up. Another reason I need my very very AWOL stitchy bug back home now!
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Have just signed up for a self-paced online RSN course Introduction to Box Making (and also ordered the tutor's book, just for good measure). These are fabric-covered and embellished boxes made from mountboard/mat board, not wooden ones.
I fell in love with a much more advanced kit but thought that might be courting disaster, and I wouldn't want to end up with a wonky box. Moreover, the present one is RSN-themed and fairly expensive, but the designer/tutor is going to bring out a similar box with a non-RSN theme through her own website which is likely to be more affordable!
I fell in love with a much more advanced kit but thought that might be courting disaster, and I wouldn't want to end up with a wonky box. Moreover, the present one is RSN-themed and fairly expensive, but the designer/tutor is going to bring out a similar box with a non-RSN theme through her own website which is likely to be more affordable!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
I can't wait to see you creating a beautiful box. Is your current RSN course (canvas) the last one for a certificate that you will be doing?
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
No, one more after this, Silk Shading (which has to be a flower or vegetable with at least one leaf or petal turn). Then on to the Diploma, if I choose, starting with Appliqué, which is compulsory. The other compulsory one is Blackwork (because I picked Canvas for the Certificate - you have to do both), and then there are lots of optional modules from which you pick four. Box making is one of them.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
I have the book, and was tempted by the course. I wasn't sure, though, whether you just signed up, paid and started, or whether there was an actual starting date for the course. Does she have a website, or just an Etsy shop (which seems to be closed)?Mabel Figworthy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:22 am Have just signed up for a self-paced online RSN course Introduction to Box Making (and also ordered the tutor's book, just for good measure). These are fabric-covered and embellished boxes made from mountboard/mat board, not wooden ones.
I was also tempted by some of the big pieces at Thistle Threads, but they are all well beyond any budget I have.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Her Etsy shop is not very up to date, but I've been in touch via the RSN and her FB page.
The course is what is known as "self-paced", which means there are several recorded lessons which you watch whenever you're ready. I though it was a bit naughty that you have to watch them within a year (why the time limit), but you can ask for an extension if you want it. Anyway, the idea is that you do it completely at your own pace, with a FB group for comments etc, amd I think you can contact Heather with questions as well.
The course is what is known as "self-paced", which means there are several recorded lessons which you watch whenever you're ready. I though it was a bit naughty that you have to watch them within a year (why the time limit), but you can ask for an extension if you want it. Anyway, the idea is that you do it completely at your own pace, with a FB group for comments etc, amd I think you can contact Heather with questions as well.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Don't do FB, but that doesn't particularly matter, I guess. Will give it some thought.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
The kit for my Introduction to Box Making course arrived last Friday, not looking very healthy... Fortunately the contents were OK apart from one slight crease *phew*, I've posted pictures of the lovelies inside in my Other Stitching thread.


Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
This is so tempting (not the damaged container, the course)! I have various box-things that I've almost completed stitching, but the construction is scary. I should have a Good Read of Heather's book, I guess. Also dig out my curved needle, which, frankly, I have problems holding. Is that a thing?