Mabel's designs 2025
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Nice! Seems like a very versatile design.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
It is rather - here's one I did in silk with embellishments on ultrasuede, as a little travel project. I think I'll be making a fair few variations of this because they'll make quite nice cards for all sorts of occasions, or presents is finished as brooch/fridge magnet.


Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
A few more heart variations:




Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Nice!
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Not much stitching (too much going on for me to do anything that needs concentration), but I did manage some finishing - three cards, and I laced Llandrindod.




Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
A replacement demonstration model as one of the three I always take to workshops went walkies when I taught the Quatrefoil at the Knitting & Stitching Show last year.


Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- Nicola Main
- Posts: 1600
- Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:10 pm
- Location: Carnoustie, Scotland
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Wow it really pops on the red fabric Mabel! Love Llandrindod that is stunning!
Eat, Sleep, Stitch, Repeat ...
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Another Precious Heart variation, started during the Austin Seven Club workshop, on green faux suede. It uses more colours of passing and purl than the kit, but I wanted to try something different.


Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Nice!
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
A little tulip with some blingy touches. My original idea was to couch the gold in the colour it was next to, but that didn't look right (FoF to follow) so just couched in yellow. The picture taken at an angle shows the gold up more.




Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Love the way you experiment.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
It makes a relatively quick but rather festive birthday card!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Was going to do homework last Sunday but Eldest and DIL came round for a chat and a cuppa and stayed until the light was beginning to go (the weather being awful), so I worked on a design for a class I'm planning:


Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Was just reading an article about the moon, so this design looks like a sun and moon having a little dance with the stars to me. Whatever -- I'm intrigued to see where this ends up.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
oooh I like that idea! At the moment it's got the provisional name of Paisley Flower but I may think of a more, erm, cosmic name now 
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Saturday was a Certificate day class, about which more later, but it means not much other stitching time. Instead I'm trying to tidy up all the part-projects and designs I've got lying around, and finish some small projects like the Dorset button - and also "finish" things, so I turned the little tulip I did a while ago into a card:


Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Perfect!
Have I asked you where you get cards these days?
And another question: if I'm going to embroider a "pocket" in linen, I'm presuming I need another fabric underneath. Suggestions about what linen and what fabric would be very welcome. (This is for my stitching group: we are doing "pockets" as the group project, based on an excellent talk by a civil war reenactment group member.)
Have I asked you where you get cards these days?
And another question: if I'm going to embroider a "pocket" in linen, I'm presuming I need another fabric underneath. Suggestions about what linen and what fabric would be very welcome. (This is for my stitching group: we are doing "pockets" as the group project, based on an excellent talk by a civil war reenactment group member.)
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
I got these from PDA Card & Craft. Because I buy in bulk I last got them about two-and-a-half years ago so I haven't checked them out recently. I will need to as I'm running out of some - I hope the price increase won't be too shocking *gulp*.
Never having made a pocket I'm not sure I'm the person to advise! Linen is strong so the finest linen you can get away with for the embroidery I'd say, with possibly a calico backing/lining. There is someone on my RSN FB group who does reenactments and makes her own clothing for that i think, I'll see if she has any suggestions.
Never having made a pocket I'm not sure I'm the person to advise! Linen is strong so the finest linen you can get away with for the embroidery I'd say, with possibly a calico backing/lining. There is someone on my RSN FB group who does reenactments and makes her own clothing for that i think, I'll see if she has any suggestions.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
It looks lovely as a card!
I’ve recently come into a stash of cardstock, so I’m thinking of making my own custom cards for my stitching, but I should probably look into local places that sell premade ones if my attempts fail.
I’ve recently come into a stash of cardstock, so I’m thinking of making my own custom cards for my stitching, but I should probably look into local places that sell premade ones if my attempts fail.
- Luca