Serindë's Stitching 2025 25 Dec

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 17 Nov

Post by Serinde »

Well, I've jumped into the SAL at The Steady Thread. I'm going to do the house design, probably for a friend. I really have an itch to stitch after so much weaving! I'm sure I have 28ct white in my stash (and this is one of my sops to myself: using up stash) and I think I'll see what it looks like in 12wt Sulky black. I have lots of black thread, but using only one strand for the main design should make it so much simpler. I hope.

But in the meantime, here is the Leaping Lord from Corrine Lapierre's "12 Days of Christmas", begun... a while ago.

Image
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 17 Nov

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Is he alone :-D?

looking forward to how the 12wt sulky works out!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 17 Nov

Post by Serinde »

Oh, yes. Definitely a solo Leaping Lord. A representative, if you like, of the Leaping Lord brotherhood of ten. And let me tell you, he was fiddly enough for ten!
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 17 Nov

Post by geekishly »

He’s very cute!

I’m excited to be working on the same SAL as you. It’ll be fun!
- Luca
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 17 Nov

Post by Serinde »

Yes it will! I have several ideas to jazz up the border snowflakes if I have time... :lol:
Roland
Posts: 1477
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 19 Nov

Post by Roland »

Your leaping lord is so cute.
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 19 Nov

Post by Serinde »

I ordered the wrong thread!! Argh! I know (know!) I must have D3852 here SOMEWHERE. How am I so sure? Because I've stitched two other of these lovely Faby Reily humbugs, and I started with a full reel, that's how I know. Can I find it? I cannot. It isn't in the box I keep metallic threads. I have searched the box under the bed where all the stitching stuff is (since Elder Son commandeered the chest of drawers it all lived in previously). I have gone through my embarrassingly large number of UFOs. Nothing. So I ordered it along with a few other threads... only to have ordered Grande instead of the regular Diamante. Too much of a hurry clearly (or I'm losing it, which isn't out of the question). Next step is to see if I have a gold Kreinik 4 cord in a close shade to finish the design. (At which point, of course, I will find what I'm looking for.) :roll: :lol:
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 27 Nov

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Could any other metallic be substituted? Personally I favour Petite Treasure Braid, or Kreinik's #4.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 27 Nov

Post by Serinde »

Yes, indeed. I dug out my PTB, and it worked fine. I'm hoping to do the last in the series, and I might use gold and silver or copper for the lettering and the PTB for all the swirly bits and stars. This is going off today as a "secret Santa" at the weaver's guild meeting. It could just about be a pin cushion...

Image
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 14 Dec

Post by Serinde »

Here are a few things I've actually managed to finish (!) this year.

First, "Assembly Required" only is missing its little brass plaque.
Image

Second, "Sweet Treats". I did all six, but have given two away as little Christmas presents.
Image

Third, is a lovely Mabel Figworthy design. One of my sisters was lamenting she never received any hand-stitched cards from me. Seeing as she's (a) 81 and (b) correct, I decided this was the perfect one to do. It's been a long time since I've done hardanger, and it shows, but I do hope she'll be happy with it.
Image
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 14 Dec

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

How lovely to see Frosty Pine used in such a good cause :-)

I do love your little pyramid pincushion, it's so pretty - and the frame really sets off your skeleton!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 14 Dec

Post by geekishly »

All so lovely. I'm very fond of the Assembly Required!
- Luca
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 21 Dec

Post by Serinde »

And here's the Piper doing his thing. Only the drummer (actually, the drum) left to do! (Just don't look too closely. Bit of a rushed job.)

Image
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 25 Dec

Post by Serinde »

And finally, the Drum for the drummers drumming. And a finish!

Image
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 25 Dec

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Very festive!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 25 Dec

Post by geekishly »

very nice
- Luca
Post Reply