Not much stitching time at the moment partly because the hours of good light are so few, but I've started a couple of non-RSN projects: a 70th Anniversary card for friend's whose anniversary is on Christmas Day, and a shisha project that I redesigned to be stitched on black. For the card I've Bondawebbed the appliqué numbers and I'll cover the edges in dark red chain stitch. For the shisha project I've transferred the design using prick-and-gel-pen.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Two sympathy cards needed in one week - we lost a friend at church quite suddenly to a brain tumour, and my eldest uncle's wife to a combintaion of dementia, ill health and old age. The card for my uncle in The Netherlands has been finished, the other I'll finish this weekend. Unfortunately the Dutch funeral is tomorrow, when I'm still here, and the English funeral is next Wednesday, when I'll be in the Netherlands.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Beautifully simple and so thoughtful. Pity you can't be in two places at once, but you will be in the correct places eventually to offer condolences, support and any help when it's really needed.
For the first time in four weeks I did some stitching, at our monthly Cake & Craft meeting. OK, it's a bit wonky, and someone else had to open my glasses case for me, and this one mirror was quite enough exercise for one day, but it's stitching!
Last edited by Mabel Figworthy on Fri Jan 23, 2026 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits