Luca’s Stitching 2026 - updates pg 7 4/30
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - update pg 4 1/26
Thank you! And of course!
Didn’t get to work on it yesterday, but hoping to finish the text and work on the border today.
Didn’t get to work on it yesterday, but hoping to finish the text and work on the border today.
- Luca
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - update pg 4 1/26
I especially love the Shattering the Silence design. It might have fallen into my Etsy cart. 
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - update pg 4 1/26
It’s so good! Definitely worth the purchase.
Also have an update on stay salty.

Had to scrap the border color choice as it wasn’t stitching up visibly with the blue (too close to the navy) and I’m going to do some test stitches of a few different variegated floss options on a scrap of navy aida to see which looks best.
Also have an update on stay salty.

Had to scrap the border color choice as it wasn’t stitching up visibly with the blue (too close to the navy) and I’m going to do some test stitches of a few different variegated floss options on a scrap of navy aida to see which looks best.
- Luca
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - stay salty update pg 5 1/29
Good plan - looking forward to seeing what you decide on!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - stay salty update pg 5 1/29
I decided on the threadworx Susanna banana for the border.
And then I worked a bit more on the kitty. Only two colors left + finishing the edges/turning it into a patch.

And then I worked a bit more on the kitty. Only two colors left + finishing the edges/turning it into a patch.

- Luca
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - orange kitty finish pg 5 1/29
Brilliant! The pose reminds me of this Lolcat

And the border on your Salt piece is looking like delicately coloured lace

And the border on your Salt piece is looking like delicately coloured lace
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - orange kitty finish pg 5 1/29
LMAO thanks.
I'm taking a break from it because I need a change from navy fabric, so I started on another gift for a friend, but one they're expecting and getting updates on, so I can share publicly.

The pattern is by Pixel Pastry Cafe on Etsy. It's a joker card from the video game Balatro.
I'm taking a break from it because I need a change from navy fabric, so I started on another gift for a friend, but one they're expecting and getting updates on, so I can share publicly.

The pattern is by Pixel Pastry Cafe on Etsy. It's a joker card from the video game Balatro.
- Luca
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - orange kitty finish pg 5 1/29
So bright and colourful, must be lovely to work on especially if your weather is as grey as ours is at the moment!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - orange kitty finish pg 5 1/29
It is so grey here. And cold. absolutely freezing. Today is slightly warmer than it has been, but not by much. Our high is 24F (-4 C) and it's currently 15F (-9 C).
- Luca
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - balatro update pg 5 2/6
Forgot to update until now. Making really good progress on the Balatro piece.


- Luca
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - balatro update pg 5 2/6
That's getting on really well!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
balatro & cryptid update + a finish
Broke out the cryptid piece again, and got another one stitched before getting annoyed with the fabric. This one is the Fresno nightcrawler.

This is a freebie by The Witchy Stitcher that I started and finished this weekend. It’s a gift for my BFF’s husband to hang up in his school office.

And latest progress on the Balatro piece.


This is a freebie by The Witchy Stitcher that I started and finished this weekend. It’s a gift for my BFF’s husband to hang up in his school office.

And latest progress on the Balatro piece.

- Luca
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - multiple updates pg 5 2/9
Lots of colourfulness! Why is the fabric annoying you?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - multiple updates pg 5 2/9
It’s really floppy and the threads are very uneven. It’s not holding tension properly and it’s hard to find the holes even with magnification. It’s 28ct that I bought from the remnants bin at my LNS over a decade ago when it still existed.
- Luca
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - multiple updates pg 5 2/9
I hope it won't get too annoying as it does make quite a stunning background!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - multiple updates pg 5 2/9
Yeah. It’s just something to slowly work on.
Anyway, I finished the Balatro!

I did alter the hearts slightly by raising them up a half stitch since I could on 28ct in order to center them.
Anyway, I finished the Balatro!

I did alter the hearts slightly by raising them up a half stitch since I could on 28ct in order to center them.
- Luca
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Balatro finish pg 5 2/12
the joys of evenweave!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Balatro finish pg 5 2/12
Indeed! It would not look the same on aida if I tried it.
- Luca
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Balatro finish pg 5 2/12
great finish. not sure I'd have the patience to do all the blackwork!
