Mabel's Designs 2026
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Mabel's Designs 2026
Very striking. How big is it? Particularly like the way you self-outlined each petal.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's Designs 2026
It's in a 4" hoop. The self-outlining was challenging as it was difficult to keep the stem stitch regular while working a free-form shape on a counted fabric, but I wanted an alternative to the gold/silver outlining I'd been using so far.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's Designs 2026
With this one I tried to do several things - see how small an area you can get away with on 28th and still make the patterns show up; do a traditional black-on-white one; take passing through the fabric to minimise stopping and starting; see how patterns work side by side.
The left-hand petal originally had a different pattern but i didn't like it, sampled a few and substituted the present one. If I was doing it again I'd probably swap a few patterns around for a better balance, but on the whole I like it.

The left-hand petal originally had a different pattern but i didn't like it, sampled a few and substituted the present one. If I was doing it again I'd probably swap a few patterns around for a better balance, but on the whole I like it.

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mabel's Designs 2026
Like to over all effect very much. Must confess that I couldn't have left the round centre's inner diamond without the upright stitches, tho! 
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's Designs 2026
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
