2026 St Cross Stitchers
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
Re: 2026 St Cross Stitchers
Realised at about 2am, that the funny feeling I'd had all yesterday was the onset of vertigo -- not something that happens often, but it's not helpful when it does. And now I have an acephalic migraine (aura only, no headache). Paracetamol onboard.
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 St Cross Stitchers
All the best with that. I sometimes get it when I strain my neck, so I can sympathize.
Really not nice. Hope it fades soon.
Regards,
Richard
Really not nice. Hope it fades soon.
Regards,
Richard
Seriously under the paw.
Re: 2026 St Cross Stitchers
Sending healing thoughts your way.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 St Cross Stitchers
I hope it soon passes Serinde, be careful not to fall over or bump into things while the vertigo lasts!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 St Cross Stitchers
Had something strange over the weekend, going to [try to] book an appointment with the doctor.
For much of the weekend my heart was pounding with no obvious cause. It was absolutely exhausting and every now and again it made me cough to relieve the pressure. However when I took my BP and pulse during one of these event, the pressure & pulse were lower than Tracy's 'Normal'. Slightly odd.
A colleague once had something called 'Arrhythmia' or 'Atrial Fibrillation' (think it was the same thing, but I'm no medic), and his symptoms seem disturbingly similar. I may have to get a fitting for a mobile phone to check. Ho hum. If it is the same thing.. oh bother. I don't fancy having a mini defibrillator buried in my chest like he did.
Regards,
Richard
For much of the weekend my heart was pounding with no obvious cause. It was absolutely exhausting and every now and again it made me cough to relieve the pressure. However when I took my BP and pulse during one of these event, the pressure & pulse were lower than Tracy's 'Normal'. Slightly odd.
A colleague once had something called 'Arrhythmia' or 'Atrial Fibrillation' (think it was the same thing, but I'm no medic), and his symptoms seem disturbingly similar. I may have to get a fitting for a mobile phone to check. Ho hum. If it is the same thing.. oh bother. I don't fancy having a mini defibrillator buried in my chest like he did.
Regards,
Richard
Seriously under the paw.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 St Cross Stitchers
If that's what it takes to solve the problem, it may be the best solution. But first identify the problem! I'll pray that you can get an appointment and any necessary tests soon, that the whole process will go smoothly, and that through it all you and Tracy (and the girls if they know about it) will have peace of mind.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 St Cross Stitchers
I have a non-urgent appointment with the doctor for the 29th.
The symptoms have faded, and I think unless I have an ECG trace while it's happening, the doctor will probably be unable to diagnose it. So, I may actually get one of the 'Kardia' ECG accessories for mobile phones/tablets. My colleague had one and prior to getting the implant, his consultant took the data collected as evidence to show that he did need the implant. So, I assume it is more than a toy.
Regards,
Richard.
The symptoms have faded, and I think unless I have an ECG trace while it's happening, the doctor will probably be unable to diagnose it. So, I may actually get one of the 'Kardia' ECG accessories for mobile phones/tablets. My colleague had one and prior to getting the implant, his consultant took the data collected as evidence to show that he did need the implant. So, I assume it is more than a toy.
Regards,
Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
Re: 2026 St Cross Stitchers
Sounds familiar. I get that arrhythmia or fibrillation too sometimes, and because it does no obvious damage to the heart muscle at the time, it’s hard for medics to diagnose unless you go in while it’s happening. It’s very tiring — I had a bout that lasted for the best part of a fortnight to a greater or lesser degree. My GP suggested that I take a beta blocker, duly prescribed, but if it didn’t work within 15 mins of onset, to phone 999, because heart issues are a code red and then I’d get the trace that I needed to kick the issue up the chain. Heart’s not played up since.
GP did send in a request for a consultant to have a look, but haven’t heard anything back yet.
The danger of arrhythmia or fibrillation is that any clots in the system can be shaken loose, and that is very dangerous indeed. So don’t be too sanguine about the symptoms.
The danger of arrhythmia or fibrillation is that any clots in the system can be shaken loose, and that is very dangerous indeed. So don’t be too sanguine about the symptoms.
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 St Cross Stitchers
That's interesting. Serinde.
Must admit I usually keep clear of internet advice, as it's well known that every symptom - even a stubbed toe that's swelling - means you're 5 heartbeats from death..
However, I shall be buying one of the Kardiamobile devices because they get a trace that the doctor can see.
The idea of shaking clots into moving. That explains why AF is supposed to provoke strokes. Yes. Not pleasant.
Regards,
Richard
Must admit I usually keep clear of internet advice, as it's well known that every symptom - even a stubbed toe that's swelling - means you're 5 heartbeats from death..
However, I shall be buying one of the Kardiamobile devices because they get a trace that the doctor can see.
The idea of shaking clots into moving. That explains why AF is supposed to provoke strokes. Yes. Not pleasant.
Regards,
Richard
Seriously under the paw.
Re: 2026 St Cross Stitchers
Dr Tinycat is pleased you are taking this seriously.