Carole
2019 Stash & Grab
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Just finished editing a tricky chapter plus bibliography. Only 8 more tricky chapters (and longer) to go...
And ES is now safely back in his flat, having finally had stitches to stop his leaking tonsillectomy site. Sometimes, the old ways are best...
I think the sun is over the yardarm...
And ES is now safely back in his flat, having finally had stitches to stop his leaking tonsillectomy site. Sometimes, the old ways are best...
I think the sun is over the yardarm...
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Good news about the editing and even better news about the offspring!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Excellent news about E S
As for the editing.....I guess you can now concentrate on that without your thoughts wandering to E S!!
As for the editing.....I guess you can now concentrate on that without your thoughts wandering to E S!!
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
True enough, WW.
The editing is evolving into more ghost writing than editing, though, which makes me uneasy. Not to mention that he's not getting the service from his publisher he should be able to expect. In fact, I wonder exactly what his editor is getting paid from since I'm doing all the work that should have been done in-house in the old days. GRRR. And, of course, the academic is paying for this, not the publisher... wrong wrong wrong.
I need more 
The editing is evolving into more ghost writing than editing, though, which makes me uneasy. Not to mention that he's not getting the service from his publisher he should be able to expect. In fact, I wonder exactly what his editor is getting paid from since I'm doing all the work that should have been done in-house in the old days. GRRR. And, of course, the academic is paying for this, not the publisher... wrong wrong wrong.
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Someone needs to get their 'contract' examined! (not you, I mean!!)
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Too may things are not done by the people who ought to do them, I feel! And unfortunately that leaves the people who ought not to have to do them to pick up the pieces...
On a slightly different subject, in one of the Fiber Talk podcasts Gary (who is an editor) and Christine (who isn't but cares about language) were discussing an email that had been sent to her in which a university-educated person informed her that "the date has not been decisioned yet". Brrrrr.
On a slightly different subject, in one of the Fiber Talk podcasts Gary (who is an editor) and Christine (who isn't but cares about language) were discussing an email that had been sent to her in which a university-educated person informed her that "the date has not been decisioned yet". Brrrrr.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Well, I don’t know what to say about THAT.

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
It’s Friday night. Whew!
I have spent a very long time on Another Book this week, DH’s had the flu (but is now feeling better), but ES is now safely recuperating at his flat. I suddenly realized today that the Book is going to be a huge project because I’m not really editing it. I’m being an academic ghost writer. Since the author is more than happy (and has secured the serious funds it is likely to cost), I can relax a bit. Happy Friday, y’all!
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Good news all around, especially in the Restored Health department! Now just make sure that you don't dwindle into ghost-hood being a ghost writer - look after yourself properly!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Frankly, I could do with a bit of dwindling... but never fear! In fact, to day I'm off (in the one snowstorm of the winter, naturally) to Glasgow to the craft show. Haven't been for several years, so I'm hoping to see it with fresh eyes and perhaps return with weaving yarns (my main interest for this trip). 
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
*BING BONG*
That padded door (which has a handle on BOTH sides) has been set up temporarily for all UK citizens and residents in need of a padded cell in which to, um, let off steam. Point of view immaterial. Europeans welcome. Cool drinks are then available behind the bar from the management.
*BING BONG*
That padded door (which has a handle on BOTH sides) has been set up temporarily for all UK citizens and residents in need of a padded cell in which to, um, let off steam. Point of view immaterial. Europeans welcome. Cool drinks are then available behind the bar from the management.
*BING BONG*
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Thank you for providing this facility!!
I'm just popping in to have a
and smash some of those old mismatched chipped plates.
I might be a while!!

I'm just popping in to have a
I might be a while!!
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
*continues to carry in containers of mixed and chipped crockery* 
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Oh dear Wendy, that sounds serious. Have a nice thrash here, and drinkies and nibbles (or hot choch and marshmallows, or whatever) afterwards!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Ahhh! That feels better!
Nothing like having a Smashing Time to relieve the Tension.
Thanks to Serinde for providing that facility.
Spent the rest of the evening sitting on the decking of the Tree House sipping a Single Malt with Serinde watching the sun go down and listening to the Owls.
Thanks to Serinde for providing that facility.
Spent the rest of the evening sitting on the decking of the Tree House sipping a Single Malt with Serinde watching the sun go down and listening to the Owls.
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
And lovely it was, too.
Anyone can join us... I suspect we'll be back this evening, although I'll make sure there are several more tartan lap rugs to keep everyone snug.
Meanwhile, I've replenished the stock of mis-matched crockery.
Meanwhile, I've replenished the stock of mis-matched crockery.
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Can I have the Fraser Tartan rug? By all accounts they were a fearsome lot who didn't stand for any nonsense! 
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Of course you can... I'm sure there's one here *rummages in tea chest*