HAED:LOTR - 7/29/12 - ON HOLD

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: My first HAED: Lord of the Rings The Burden

Post by rcperryls »

4 1/2 rows done on page 1 only 95 1/2 more to go :lol:
Last edited by rcperryls on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
paul
Posts: 806
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:01 pm
Location: Chatham, kent

Re: My first HAED: Lord of the Rings The Burden

Post by paul »

Not a LOTR fan at all. But a very nice design your doing!!!

Can't offer any tips at all with gridding as I do it the old fashioned way. Count! :lol:
Maybe I will give gridding a try though
Finished:
Massive Disney design
Freddie mercury (for my mum)
Ocras at play.
Dolphins.
User avatar
Juel
Posts: 1674
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: My first HAED: Lord of the Rings The Burden

Post by Juel »

I love LOTR!! I' so excited to see you work on this one!

As for gridding... I think it's calming... I just count the little crosses and then draw the lines. I once misplaced a line by one cross, but I just corrected it in the next line, that's okay because I only use it as slight orientation. I'm not done gridding my Kreimhild, just 450x250 up to now. I guess I will do the rest in time ;) I guess I will do a few line tonight :)

If you gridd by hand (like me): Don't do everything at once, it will drive you crazy! :lol:
W.I.P
Kreimhild's Revenge - Haed
Das Rheingold - Haed
Yule Angel -Haed
QS Theatre of the Absurd - Haed
Starlight - Haed
Eternal Promise - Haed

Finished
SK Storykeeper, QS Book End Kitties (Haed)


My Blog
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: My first HAED: Lord of the Rings The Burden

Post by rcperryls »

This is my first progress update. I promise not to put in any more until I finish page 1 which will hopefully look exactly like what I have now only 89 more rows of it. My next HAED is going to have lots of color. In fact, I am going to look for one now. :lol: I love this one, but I am going to need a break. I now understand better why some of you rotate projects.
Image

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by LadyS »

It's a start! :applesauce:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
purvislets
Posts: 382
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by purvislets »

Looking good! With all that black, I'd definitely recommend rotating projects in and out to give your eyes a break. I have two projects in rotation now and work on them for about a week at a time before switching. It's enough time to get some progress and get the stitchy bug bag for the other one.
~Lauren
My Blog -- http://ambitiousstitches.blogspot.com

WIP:
"Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream" - Thomas Kinkade Disney Dream collection
(Forum Post HERE)
User avatar
Mrs Milkybar Kid
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Cornwall,UK

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

A start is a start! I am definitely pro-rotation! I plan on having four large projects on the go and even stitching a few smalls in between if it gets too much! I'm not going to be strict about it - if I feel like carrying on stitching on a particular piece I will - after all we are supposed to be enjoying our stitching it's not a race (that's what I keep telling myself !).
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
User avatar
Raine
Posts: 1855
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:52 am
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by Raine »

I think one of the beauties of this is you get to do whatever you want when you want, unlike most of the rest of life. So I think rotation is a great idea, if that's what you want. :D
My blog: http://ravelldsleave.blogspot.com/

Finished in 2014 ~
By The Bay Needleart 2012 Mystery SAL
We Love Dogs
Warm Winter Woolens
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by Serinde »

Who's the designer?
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by rcperryls »

It is designed by Michele Sayetta.
I was just up on the website and of course added two designs to my cart to be downloaded.
I have a mac and don't have Adobe Reader, but "Preview" reads pdf files. Do you know if Preview will read a HAED downloaded pattern? I would think so, but before I do this I wondered. I don't intend on downloading Reader, but figured I would ask if you or anyone else knows.

Both designs are sooooooo cute - cats - and bright colors.

The first is QS Cats http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=2168 and the other is Amulet and Emmaline http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=5483. I think I am addicted.
(and if someone knows how to insert the url where the subject is please tell me. I thought I knew , but I didn't do it right.
Carole
@rotfl:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
mechie
Posts: 1074
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Central Maryland, USA

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by mechie »

It looks like a pretty good start to me. I know what you mean about the black though and mine only really has it in the one corner. :D Keep plodding along and you'll get there eventually.

mechie
WIP:
The Elementals (HAED) - Finished 9/42 Pages
Fall Fairy (Dimensions Gold) - Finished 4/4 Pages only backstitch left!
Springtime Roses Freebie (Chatelaine)
The Encounter - Finished 3/24 Pages (HAED)
User avatar
suleigh
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:54 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by suleigh »

looking good so far, loving the other 2 choices, 2nd 1 very colourful :D
User avatar
carladee
Posts: 603
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Bridgend, South Wales

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by carladee »

ooh that's going to look fab when it's finished!
*~Carla~*

my blog
my Etsy shop


Currently Stitching - HAED - Hmpf!, Mario Sampler, Chatelaine - Deep Blue Sea, Song of the Weather SAL, Woodland Sampler SAL, L&L - Angel of Summer, Summer Tree of Stitches
User avatar
marniecat
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 am
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, USA

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by marniecat »

I love the Amulet and Amaline HAED! You'd get lots of little finishes along the way to keep you going!
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by coffee_freak »

:applesauce: :applesauce:
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by vanessanjf »

Great start :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
nettie
Posts: 2802
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Wellington, Somerset, England

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by nettie »

OMG I love LOTR and I think I might just have to add this to my stash!! You've made a great start on this I'm looking forward to seeing this progress!!!
User avatar
Juel
Posts: 1674
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by Juel »

Amazing start!

I'm a mac user, too. Preview is able to cope with Haed, but give it some time, it tends to crash because of all these symbols ;) I always print my patterns /the shipping to Germany is so expensive).
W.I.P
Kreimhild's Revenge - Haed
Das Rheingold - Haed
Yule Angel -Haed
QS Theatre of the Absurd - Haed
Starlight - Haed
Eternal Promise - Haed

Finished
SK Storykeeper, QS Book End Kitties (Haed)


My Blog
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by rcperryls »

Juel wrote: I'm a mac user, too. Preview is able to cope with Haed, but give it some time, it tends to crash because of all these symbols ;) I always print my patterns /the shipping to Germany is so expensive).
thank you. I did try with QS Cats since it is a really small pattern and it worked fine. I will remember what you send about the larger ones. I think the new one will be good to rotate in with LOTR especially when I am doing so much black. Working it in 10 x 10 blocks and that is much easier on my eyes. Giving me a chance to learn gridding too. But, the HAED addiction is clearly a serious one. :lol:

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Post by Carole »

It might be a small start, but it is a start :)

Loving the two others you're looking at, especially the second one. That'd be great fun to stitch as each colourful square would be a mini finish of its own. Plus it's so pretty :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Post Reply